Transport Museums in Europe
The map below shows all the European Automotive, Motorcycle, Marine, Railroad, Aviation, and Aerospace Museums we have in our Directory.
Direct links to Transport Museums in :
- Spain | Portugal | Andorra
- UK | Ireland
- Central Europe (Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Lichtenstein, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Switzerland)
- the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Belarus, Czechia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine)
- South | Southeastern Europe (Albania, Bosnia, Croatia, Greece, Herzegovina, Italy, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Serbia)
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
Or directly select the type of museum you wish to visit, by using the drop-down menu below.
There are also alphabetical lists below the Map.
European Transport Museums in alphabetical order
- Abarth Works Museum Guy Moerenhout Racing (Road), Lier, Belgium
Museum has a large stock of Abarth cars, spare parts. Specials like: Fiat Abarth 124 Rally, Fiat Abarth 1300/124, X1/9.
- Arvika Fordonsmuseum (Road), Arvika, Sweden
Over 100 vehicles, constantly rotated. Stanley Steamer, 1924; Mercedes 370 S Cab, 1931; Humber, 1903. Bikes like HVA, Douglas, Indian, Bultaco, and Norton.
- Aston Martin Heritage Trust (Road), Wallingford, United Kingdom
The official archive for Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd. and the Aston Martin Owners Club. They have a very significant and growing collection of original Aston Martins.
- Atwell-Wilson Motor Museum (Road), Calne, United Kingdom
The majority of our exhibits are cars from the 1920’s onwards. We also have a collection of motorcycles, mopeds and bicycles.
- August Horch Museum (Road), Zwickau, Germany
On the ground of the former Audi factory, at the origin of great automotive history, you find the August Horch Museum.
- Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim (Road, Air, Rail), Sinsheim, Germany
HUGE Transport museum, Tupolev Tu-144, Concorde, Me-109, about 60 planes. 300 vintage cars, old Mercedes, Maybachs, Bugattis etc.
- Autobau Erlebniswelt (Road), Romanshorn, Switzerland
Experience the fascinating world of Aston Martin and Bugatti, Ferrari and Lamborghini, Maserati, Mercedes, Porsche and many car brands!
- Automuseum Adlkofen (Road), Adlkofen, Germany
Adlkofen vehicle museum has been constantly expanded since the beginning in 1980. It has currently 72 four-wheeled exhibits, 120 two-wheelers and 250 individual engines.
- Automuseum Melle | Car Museum (Road), Melle, Germany
It presents “History on Wheels” in industrial palace of furniture factory Melchersmann. A museum with over 200 cars on a rotating display.
- Automuseum Prototyp (Road), Hamburg, Germany
Automuseum Prototyp shows rare sports and racing cars from 70 years of automotive history. Porsche ancestor Type 64 from 1939; Porsche 597 “Jagdwagen”,1958
- AutoMuseum Volkswagen (Road), Wolfsburg, Germany
On 5,000 square a total of 130 vehicles with many rare concept vehicles, prototypes and one-off models.
- Autoseum Nisse Nilsson Collection (Road, Air), Simrishamn, Sweden
Probably the best museum in southern Sweden with cars and motorcycles from 1898 til today. Stefan “Lill-Lövis” Johansson exhibition.
- Autoworld (Road), Brussels, Belgium
They have around 1000 cars of which a “smaller” part is displayed at Autoworld Brussels. They also display a lot of motorbikes.
- Bentley Motor Museum (Road), Halland, United Kingdom
Bentley Motor Museum contains a unique collection of cars, motorcycles cycles and vehicles, which span over 100 years of road transport history.
- Bentwaters Cold War Museum (Road, Air), Woodbridge, United Kingdom
The museum has a growing collection of aircraft representing the “Cold War” era. The museum’s first acquisition was a Meteor D.16. which was purchased in 2005.
- Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar Aviation Museum (Air), Westerham, United Kingdom
The Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar is a restoration facility dedicated to putting Spitfires back in the air. As well as up to 13 Spitfires on site we have a 1940 Hawker Hurricane and Battle of Britain veteran Messerschmitt 109 on view.
- Bil- och Teknikhistoriska Samlingarna (Road), Köping, Sweden
Legendary marques, such as Bugatti, Voisin, Panhard-Levassor and classics from Cadillac and Bentley. Large number of motorcycles and automobilia. A Volvo ÖV4 from 1927 in a workshop.
- BMW Museum (Road), München, Germany
This museum shows the history of the BMW brand.
- British Motor Museum (Road), Gaydon Warwick, United Kingdom
The British Motor Museum is home to the world’s largest collection of historic British Cars.
- Brooklands Museum (Road, Air), Weybridge, United Kingdom
One of the most significant acquisitions in the museum’s history was Concorde G-BBDG in 2003, and opened to the public in 2006.
- Brussels Air Museum at Royal Museum of the Armed Forces and Military History (Air), Brussels, Belgium
The Air and Space Section has had a fast and very successful development thanks to a few military and civilian airmen and ground crew.
- Cadillac Museum (Road), Keszthely, Hungary
Museum dedicated luxury car Cadillac. One of the cars can be seen in a Godfather movie. Cars from 1905 to 1993.
- Centro Storico Fiat (Road, Air), Turin, Italy
Centro Storico Fiat now hosts a collection of automobiles, mementos, models and advertising manifestos by artists spanning the company’s entire history.
- Cité de l’Automobile, Schlumpf Collection (Road), Mulhouse, France
This is said to be the largest Car Museum in the World. They have almost 520 cars of which 400 are shown at any one time.
- Classic Motoring Association of Syracuse “Motorismo d’Epoca” (Road), Syracuse, Italy
Cars from the 1920s to the 1980s, some custom built models from 1935/1940 and sports cars such as Formula 1.
- Classic Park (Road), VK Boxtel, Netherlands
Exploitation of Classic Park rests on several pillars: payed visits to the museum, acquisition and sales of automobiles, corporate and public events. Classic Park features several well-equipped event and conference rooms and a charming restaurant. The…
- Col·lecció d’Automòbils Salvador Claret (Road), Sils Girona, Spain
Ford Model T, Rolls Royce, Salmson and Fiat.
- Cotswold Motoring Museum & Toy Collection (Road), Bourton-on-the-Water, United Kingdom
The Motoring Museum is overflowing with vintage car collections, classic cars and motorcycles, caravans, and a collection of motoring curiosities.
- Coventry Transport Museum (Road), Coventry, United Kingdom
Coventry Transport Museum houses the largest publicly owned collection of British vehicles in the world.
- Cyprus Historic and Classic Motor Museum (Road), Limassol, Cyprus
Opened in 2014 and is the only car museum in Cyprus. Located on the outskirts of Limassol, the museum has around 60 vehicles, mostly classic and modern cars.
- Danmarks Flymuseum | Danish Aircraft Museum (Air), Skjern, Denmark
Main emphasis is on the history of Danish flying and aircraft production, both civil and military, and is in constant development with new exhibitions and planes.
- Deutsches Museum Verkehrszentrum (Road, Rail), Munich | München, Germany
In exhibition spaces covering a total of 12,000 square metres, you can experience 275 historical trains, cars, motorcycles, bicycles and coaches.
- Dornier Museum (Road, Air), Friedrichshafen, Germany
This museum is dedicated to the genius Claude Dornier’s accomplishments. It preserves and documents the Dornier company’s achievements in aviation and aerospace history in a striking architectural setting.
- Dover Transport Museum (Road), Whitfield, Dover, United Kingdom
Historic Vehicles, Vintage Garage & Motorcycle Shop, Dover Car Ferry & Train Ferry Memorabilia
- Dumfries and Galloway Aviation Museum (Air), Dumfries, United Kingdom
Wellington bomber (HE 746) was on a flight from RAF Wing near Leighton Buzzard when it suffered a failure to one of its Bristol Hercules engines.
- Dundee Museum of Transport (Road), Dundee, United Kingdom
Local transport pioneers & innovators. Tram network, railway and marine history. Cars, commercial vehicles, buses. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
- EFA Automobilmuseum (Road), Amerang, Germany
More than 220 German car legends of all brands. From the first Benz, the grandiose creations of the 20’s and 30’s, the cute little cars of the 50’s, to the fast-paced modern cars.
- Fahrzeugmuseum Streicher (Road), Lalling, Germany
“A museum for people with petrol in the blood” Almost 100 classic cars and over 200 motorcycles.
- Ferdinand Porsche Erlebniswelt fahr(T)raum (Road), Mattsee, Austria
Fantastic museum near Salzburg in Austria. Old cars, mainly Austro Daimler, that Ferdinand Porsche was involved in.
- Fleet Air Arm Museum (Air), Ilchester Yeovil, United Kingdom
Today the collection stands at 102 airframes that span the history of naval aviation from 1909 to the present day. The collection also houses Concorde 002.
- Fondation Hervé (Road), Aigle, Switzerland
The collection of classic cars includes cars presenting a particular technical interest or a coachwork of a striking elegance, representing car manufacturing from the 1920’s to our days.
- Gatwick Aviation Museum (Air), Charlwood, United Kingdom
This Aviation Museum has a unique collection of British aircraft from the “golden age” of British aircraft manufacture. From the end of WWII until the 1970’s
- Gotlands Veteranbilmuseum (Road), Visby, Sweden
Cars (1907-1970) from Rolls-Royce to electrical. Bikes from 1901-1980s. Bicycles, Tractors and other memorabilia.
- Grampian Transport Museum (Road, Rail), Alford, United Kingdom
The museum is a living museum that probes the past, present and future. Many exhibits are climb aboard, hands on and even ride on!
- Haynes International Motor Museum (Road), Yeovil, United Kingdom
The Haynes International Motor Museum is the UK’s largest collection of the greatest cars from around the world with over 400 amazing cars and bikes.
- Healey Museum (Road), AK Vreeland, Netherlands
The earliest Healeys receive a prominent place in the collection. The Museum shows a number of Warwick built Healeys, including a Sportsmobile from 1949.
- Hellenic Motor Museum (Road), Athens, Greece
Private museum showing 111 vehicles, out of the almost 300. Avion Voisin, Adler, Allard, Packard, Facel Vega, Delage, Delahaye and more.
- History Museum of Russian car-producer GAZ (Road), Nizhnij Novgorod, Russia
They seems to have 29 cars and military vehicles exhibited.
- Härnösands bilmuseum (Road), Härnösand, Sweden
One of the largest museums in Sweden with over 200 cars.
- Isle of Man Motor Museum (Road), Jurby, United Kingdom
Several historically significant vehicles including a 1953 Humber Super Snipe tourer built for and used by Queen Elizabeth II. Over 200 motorcycles.
- Ivars Bilmuseum (Road), Hoting, Sweden
Some really nice old cars like Renault, 1909; Commonwealth, 1919; Orient Buckboard, 1906; Ford Model T Landaulette, 1919.
- Johannamuseet (Road), Skurup, Sweden
Johanna Museum has vintage cars, motorbikes, musical instruments, toys. Oldest Swedish car, a Cederholm from 1894.
- Kent Battle of Britain Museum (Air), Folkestone, United Kingdom
The hangar contains full sized replicas of Hurricane and Spitfire aircraft that were built for the 1968 film “The Battle of Britain”.
- Kilgarvan Motor Museum (Road), Slaheny / Kilgarvan, Ireland
Family run museum where can browse at your ease. Visit and have a cup of coffee or tea, while you drool over the motors and the motorabilia.
- Kisa Bilmuseum | Kisa Car Museum (Road), Kisa, Sweden
Kisa Bilmuseum with a lot of Saabs. Cars are not in show condition. Only open a few days a year.
- Klassikstadt Car | Auto Museum (Road), Frankfurt am Main, Germany
On more than 16,000 square meters over 350 vehicles of various eras, almost 100 parking spaces in the glass pit lane and 35 workshops.
- Koller’s Oldtimermuseum (Road), Kleinwetzdorf, Austria
About 70 cars from the last 120 years of car history. 1886 to modern brands, Porsche, Ferrari, Jaguar. Rare ones: Bugatti, Hispano Suiza and Packard. Bicycles, motorbikes and tractors.
- Lakeland Motor Museum (Road), Ulverston, United Kingdom
Explore our extensive car collection spanning more than 100 years of motor heritage. From vintage to veteran, curious and comical to weird and wonderful.
- Lamborghini Museum (Road), Sant'Agata Bolognese, Bologna, Italy
The history of Ferruccio and the Lamborghini cars. They also have Guided tours of the production lines.
- Lashenden Air Warfare Museum (Air), Headcorn, Ashford, United Kingdom
The Home of the UK’s Fieseler Fi 103R-4 Reichenberg. A collection of “wreckology” items from the Malling Aircraft Archaeologists & a Focke Achgelis Fa 330A-1.
- Lillehammer Car museum – CLOSED (Road), Lillehammer, Norway
This museum is unfortunately closed. The many really rare cars are now moved to Norsk Vegmuseum.
- Llangollen Motor Museum (Road), Llangollen, Wales, United Kingdom
The collection includes a model “T” Ford, a Vauxhall 14/40, several Austins and Citroens. The Norton, the Triumph, the Ariel, the Sunbeam and the B.S.A. An experience not to be missed.
- London Motor Museum – CLOSED (Road), , United Kingdom
- Louwman Museum (Road), Haag, Netherlands
The world’s oldest private collection of motor cars. Over 250 amazing cars. It’s considered one of the most beautiful auto museums in the World.
- Mazda Classic, Automobil Museum Frey (Road), Augsburg, Germany
Largest collection of Mazda’s outside of Japan collected by a Rotary Engine and Mazda mad family. Up to 50 vehicles represent the Japanese carmaker’s history.
- MC Collection Bike Museum (Road), Västerås, Sweden
Collection of motorcycles shown at Tidö Castle.
- Mercedes-Benz Museum (Road), Stuttgart, Germany
Museum presents 160 vehicles and over 1,500 exhibits. Even the building it self is well worth a visit.
- Merks Motor Museum (Road), Nürnberg, Germany
This museum shows 84 cars and 20 motorcycles.
- Motala Motormuseum (Road), Motala, Sweden
One of the largest Rolls-Royce collections in the country. Also a number of Supercars like a Koenigsegggggggg.
- Motor-Sport-Museum am Hockenheimring (Road), Hockenheim, Germany
On 2,200 sqm it has over 300 exhibits from all eras of motor racing. Historical racing cars and bikes are shown with some of the latest formula cars, racing bikes and touring cars.
- Musée Automobile de Vendée (Road), Talmont-Saint-Hilaire, France
4 cars from 1898: Decauville Vis à Vis, Peugeot, Tricar Leon Bollee, and Victoria par Belvalette. Oldest car from 1885, a steam-driven Dion Bouton.
- Musée de l’Auto Mahymobiles | Mahymobiles Car Museum (Road), Leuze-en-Hainaut, Belgium
Over 300 cars are on permanent display. How about an Ava Monoplace, a Barré or a Corre La Licorne?
- Musée de l’Automobile de Valençay | Valencay Automobile Museum (Road), Valençay, France
This Museum shows about sixty cars from 1898 which are all in running order. They also have garage signs collection, car parts and ancient posters.
- Musée De L’aventure Peugeot (Road), Sochaux, France
The “Aventure Peugeot” Museum is one of the most important sites in eastern France, the main witness of two centuries of industrial saga of the Lion brand.
- Musée des 24 Heures du Mans (Road), Le Mans, France
With 120 vehicles, the Automobile Club de l’Ouest tells you about the epic of the automobile in Sarthe and the success of its international race.
- Musée Matra officiel (Road), Romorantin-Lanthenay, France
Modern, clear and warm, the Matra Automotive Space, which has been open since May 2000 on its current site, has become a must-see. More than 3000 m².
- Museo Automovil (Road), Málaga, Spain
The “car as a work of art”, a collection of almost a 100 cars.
- Museo De Historia De La Automoción De Salamanca (Road), Salamanca, Spain
The Salamanca Motor Museum was opened to the public on the 1st of October 2002, as an exhibition, research and reference centre that includes every aspect of automobile history.
- Museo De Motos Juan Antonio Garcia (Road), Toledo, Spain
Juan Antonio García is a great fan of the world of motor and especially motorcycles, to the point of becoming a true expert in the restoration of old motorcycles.
- Museo del Motorismo Siciliano e della Targa Florio (Road), Termini Imerese, Italy
This structure exhibits the beautiful Alfa Romeo 33 3 liters at the entrance with which Nino Vaccarella and Toine Hezemans won the victory in the 1971 edition.
- Museo Dell’Automobile “Luigi Bonfanti” (Road), Romano d'Ezzelino, Italy
It is the only Museum in Europe to employ an exhibition formula unique and most original, an endless series of monothematic exhibits.
- Museo dell’Automobile di Torino | Turin Car Museum (Road), Metropolitan City of Turin, Italy
The National Automobile Museum was set up in 1932, based on the idea of two pioneers of Italian motoring, Cesare Goria Gatti and Roberto Biscaretti di Ruffia.
- Museo delle Motociclette Ducati | Ducati motorcycle Museum (Road), Borgo Panigale, Italy
Ducati motorbikes Museum, Past and future, challenges and successes,a journey through the 90-year history of Ducati.
- Museo Enzo Ferrari (MEF) (Road), Modena, Italy
Museo Enzo Ferrari has a stunning, futuristic main pavilion and tells the magical story of Enzo Ferrari’s 90 years.
- Museo Fernando Alonso (Road), Asturias, Spain
Fernando Alonso Official Museum and Foundation. F1 cars, GoKarts, memorabilia and more!
- Museo Ferrari Maranello (Road), Maranello, Italy
Museo Ferrari Maranello tells the Ferrari story. A journey from F1 cars, legendary sports prototypes and GTs, to road cars of today.
- Museo Mille Miglia (Road), Brescia, Italy
The museum of the legendary race “Mille Miglia” is situated inside the Monastery of Saint Eufemia, a beautiful building complex of immense archaeological value.
- Museo Moto (Road), Bassella (Lérida), Spain
This institution currently manages a collection of over 300 motorbikes and a specialized museum.
- Museo Nazionale del Motociclo | National Motorcycle Museum (Road), Rimini, Italy
Opened 1993 and has over 250 bikes of 55 different brands.
- Museo Nicolis (Road, Air), Villafranca di Verona, Italy
Opened in 2000. “Museum of Cars, Technology and Mechanics” has cars, motorbikes, planes, instruments, cameras, and more.
- Museo Piaggio | Piaggio Museum (Road, Air), Pontedera, Italy
Piaggio Museum opened in 2000 and occupies 3,000 square meters in the former tool-shop. Vespas and Gileras.
- Museo Scooters & Lambretta (Road), Rodano, Metropolitan City of Milan, Italy
Scooter and Lambretta museum
- Museu de l’Automoció Roda Roda (Road), Lleida, Spain
Lleida Automotive Museum presents an extensive collection of cars, motorcycles, motors and scale reproductions.
- Museu de la Ciència i de la Tècnica de Catalunya (Road, Air), Terrassa, Spain
The National Museum of Science and Technology of Catalonia is the product of the rich and lengthy heritage of scientific and technical innovation and knowledge.
- Museu de Marinha | Maritime Museum (Air, Maritime), Belém, Lisboa | Lisbon, Portugal
The collection of the Navy Museum has more than 18,000 pieces. Around 2,500 were selected to feature in their permanent exhibition.
- Museu do Automóvel (Road), Ribeirão, Portugal
Not much facts on the home page. Get in contact with them, before visiting.
- Museu do Caramulo (Road), Caramulo, Portugal
This car museum has a collection of cars going from a Benz Dreirad from 1886 to a Ginetta-Zytek GZ09S/2 race car from 2009.
- Museu dos Transportes e Comunicações | Museum of Transport and Communications (Road), Porto, Portugal
The museum collection The Motor of the Republic came about as a result of a challenge issued by the Museum of Transport and Communications to the Museum of the Presidency of the Republic.
- Museu Maritim | Maritime Museum (Maritime), Barcelona, Spain
The Maritime Museum of Barcelona is a space for interpreting and sharing Catalan maritime culture.
- Museu Nacional de l’Automòbil (Road), Encamp, Andorra
National Automobile Museum Andorra has vehicles from a steam car such as the Pinette (1885), up to the the 70’s. Around 80 vehicles.
- Museum Fichtelberg, Cars Planes and Bikes (Road, Air), Fichtelberg, Germany
A transport museum with exotics automobiles, airplanes, motorcycle, fire engines, and tractors.
- Museum for historical Maybach cars | Museum für historische Maybach-Fahrzeuge (Road), Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz, Germany
Almost 20 historical Maybach-cars in chronological order.
- Museum of Municipal Engineering (Road, Rail), Kraków, Poland
The Museum of Municipal Engineering was established on October 1, 1998 by the City of Krakow and received the historic halls of the oldest tramway shed as its seat. The department’s collection consists of more than 146 objects showing the development of the Polish automotive industry.
- Muzeum Powstania Warszawskiego｜Warsaw Uprising Museum (Air), Warszawa, Poland
The Warsaw Rising Museum was opened on the 60th anniversary of the outbreak of fighting in Warsaw. The Museum is a tribute of Warsaw’s residents to those who fought and died for independent Poland and its free capital.
- Muzeum Techniki i Komunikacji Zajezdnia Sztuki w Szczecinie｜Museum of Technology & Transport (Road, Rail), Szczecin, Poland
The Museum of Technology and Transport in Szczecin is full of vehicles that Poles used to be so much in love with.
- Muzeum Ziemi Pałuckiej (Maritime), Żnin, Poland
Website in Polish only. Looks like they have a collection of motorboats and other exhibits. Small Museum with friendly service in a medieval city. Image: Globeassassin [CC BY-SA 3.0 pl (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/pl/deed.en)]
- Myreton Motor Museum (Road), East Lothian, United Kingdom
Founded in 1966 by Willie Dale and has a large collection exhibits such as cars, bicycles, motor cycles and commercial vehicles. See the details and more.
- National Motor Museum Trust (Road), Brockenhurst, United Kingdom
The National Motor Museum Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to preserving and promoting motoring history.
- National Motorcycle Museum (Road), Bickenhill, Hampton in Arden, Solihull, United Kingdom
The National Motorcycle Museum is recognised as the finest and largest British motorcycle museum in the world. The collection boasts some 1000 plus machines.
- National Museum of Flight (Air), East Fortune, United Kingdom
Our newly restored hangars tell the stories of military and civil aviation over the past 100 years, showcasing our world-class collection of aircraft.
- Newark Air Museum (Air), Newark, United Kingdom
the aircraft on display include 13 National Benchmark aircraft; 34 Significant aircraft and 21 Noteworthy aircraft as listed in the N.A.H Register.
- Norsk Vegmuseum (Road), Fåberg, Norway
Replaced the old Norsk Kjøretøyhistorisk Museum in Lillehammer. It’s located a little bit further north.
- Old Timer Museum (Road), Lo-Reninge, Belgium
Belgian Cars such as Excelsior, 1911; Fabrique Nationale (FN), 1924; Minerva, 1930 and Imperia, 1937. A Decauville 1899 and other cars. Old Belgium bikes. Militaria.
- Oulun Automuseon / Oulu Automobile Museum (Road), Oulu, Finland
More than 50 veteran cars and motorcycles. The oldest automobiles date from around 1910.
- Panini Motor Museum (Road), Modena, Italy
The Museum Collection has been gradually improved, thanks to the restoration of some cars, and enriched even further with the famous Maserati 6 CM from 1936
- Pininfarina Museum (Road), Cambiano, Metropolitan City of Turin, Italy
The Collection is the true custodian of the company’s values, with which Pininfarina presents itself to guests. A place where past, present and future blend.
- Porsche Museum (Road), Stuttgart, Germany
Over 80 Porsche vehicles are shown in this architecturally very bold building.
- Rīgas Motormuzejs | Riga Car Museum (Road), Rīga, Latvia
The design project envisages the creation of an entirely new innovative Riga Motor Museum exposition with interactive and multimedia solutions.
- Riverside Museum (Road, Rail), Glasgow, United Kingdom
Award-winning Transport Museum, over 3,000 objects on display. Locomotives, tram, bus, cars and motorbikes.
- Rolls-Royce Automobilmuseum Franz Ferdinand Vonier (Road), Dornbirn, Austria
World’s largest Rolls-Royce museum, a must see Car Museum!
- Rolls-Royce museum “the World’s finest” (Road), Dornbirn, Austria
A small but very exclusive museum with only coach-built Rolls-Royce and one Bentley cars.
- Romney Marsh Wartime Collection (Road, Air), Romney Marsh, United Kingdom
The Romney Marsh Wartime Collection is a unique collection of wartime equipment, remains recovered from aircraft crash sites and memorabilia collected.
- Royal Air Force Museum Cosford (Air), Shifnal, United Kingdom
Over 70 aircraft of international importance are housed in three Wartime Hangars and within the National Cold War Exhibition. See the world’s oldest Spitfire
- Royal Air Force Museum London (Air), London, United Kingdom
With a world-class collection and display of aircraft, integrated with special exhibitions, films, interactives, artwork, engines, missiles, photographs.
- Ryds Bilkyrkogård Kyrkö Mosse | Ryd’s Car cemetary (Road), Ryd, Sweden
Well this is not really a museum but a bunch of cars that had been left in the forest. They are slowly being reclaimed by nature.
- SAAB Car Museum (Road), Trollhättan, Sweden
The collections has around 120 cars and approximately 70 of them are on show. The first Saab was the 92001, which is more commonly known as ”Ursaaben” from 1947.
- Sammy Miller Museum, New Milton (Road), New Milton, UK, United Kingdom
The Museum houses one of the finest collections of fully restored motorcycles in the world, including factory racers and exotic prototypes.
- Sjóminjasafnið í Reykjavík | Vikin Maritime Museum (Maritime), Reykjavík, Iceland
Reykjavík Maritime Museum is located in the harbour in Reykjavík, in a fish freezing plant. It has undergone a major renovation and was reopened on June 8th 2018.
- Smålands Bil-, Musik- och Leksaksmuseum (Road), Rydaholm, Sweden
Småland’s Car, Music, and Toy Museum”
- Solway Aviation Museum (Air), Crosby-on-Eden, United Kingdom
At Carlisle Airport, is home to a collection of aircraft, aviation artefacts and displays reflecting Britain’s position as a world leader in aircraft design.
- Sommer’s Automobile Museum (Road), Nærum, Denmark
Cars from 1914 up to a Danish electric car from 1990. Bugatti Brescia Type T13, 1923; Hispano-Suiza Type 64, 1932; Jaguar SS100, C-Type, D-Type.
- Sparreholms Slott | Sparreholm Castle (Road), Sparreholm, Sweden
The museum shows exclusive cars such as Mercedes 540K, 1936; a Horch 853, 1936; Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost, 1921; Hertel, 1898, and Clement Panhard, 1898.
- Svedinos Bil- & Flygmuseum (Road, Air), Ugglarp, Sweden
One of the major collections in northern Europe of vintage cars and aircraft. The collection comprises over 100 cars, 40 aircraft, motorcycles, engines etc.
- Swiss Museum of Transport (Road, Air, Maritime, Rail), Luzern, Switzerland
All types of transport from bicycles to the locomotive the Crocodile. More than 30 historic aircraft. ‘Monteverdi’ car exhibit, large numbers of historic vehicles.
- Tacla Taid – The Anglesey Transport Museum (Road, Air), Newborough, United Kingdom
Tacla Taid, the Anglesey Transport and Agriculture Museum, is the largest of its kind in Wales.
- Tangmere Military Aviation Museum (Air), Tangmere, Chichester, United Kingdom
The Museum is home to an impressive display of historic aircraft and a unique collection of aviation memorabilia stretching from the First World War through to the Cold War.
- Technik Museum Speyer (Road, Air, Rail), Speyer, Germany
Largest Space Exhibition in Europe! 600 unique exhibits. Space shuttle BURAN. Also Cars, Bikes, Plains, Fire Engines, Locomotives, and “The Moon” area.
- Teknikland (Road, Air), Östersund, Sweden
Teknikland is a retro technique world of military history, vehicles and old machinery. Experience the 20th century history.
- The Bugatti Trust Study Centre and Museum (Road), Cheltenham, United Kingdom
An independent charity dedicated to the study of the works of Ettore Bugatti. It is open to the public with vintage Bugattis and racing memorabilia.
- The de Havilland Aircraft Museum (Air), London Colney, United Kingdom
Aircraft development in 20th century Britain. Many iconic aircraft such as the de Havilland Mosquito – “The Wooden Wonder”, and The Comet.
- The Helicopter Museum (Air), Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Over 80 displayed aircraft. The Queen’s Royal Flight, and the Bell UH-1H ‘Huey’. The Helicopter World Speed Record Holder, Autogyros, & Russian Hind Gunship.
- The Malta Classic Car Collection (Road), Saint Paul's Bay, Qawra, Malta
The museum has a huge variety of cars, ranging from a 1955 Jaguar C Type to a 1972 Fiat 500F.
- The Polish Army Museum (Road, Air), Warsaw, Poland
As one of the largest museums in Poland The Polish Army Museum collection currently holds over 250,000 artefacts and is continually expanded.
- The Shuttleworth Collection (Road, Air), Biggleswade, United Kingdom
Based in the aerodrome, the Collection contains some of last airworthy aircraft of their type remaining anywhere in the world.
- The Spitfire & Hurricane Memorial Museum (Road, Air), Ramsgate, United Kingdom
The iconic RAF fighter planes of the Second World War, the Supermarine Spitfire Mk XVI and the Hawker Hurricane IIC, housed under one museum roof.
- The Transportation Museum at Ystafell (Road), Þingeyjarsveit, Iceland
A small museum in Iceland.
- The Yorkshire Air Museum (Road, Air), Elvington, United Kingdom
Our huge range of exhibits and collections span almost the entire history of flight. Today we have over 60 historic aircraft and vehicles.
- Tidaholms museum (Road), Tidaholm, Sweden
About a 1000 vehicles were built by Tidaholms Bruk between 1903 and 1934. Nine of them are shown in the C-building at the museum.
- Torre Loizaga Miguel de la Via Collection (Road), Bizkaia, Spain
The only Rolls-Royce Collection in Europe with all models manufactured between 1910-1998.
- Trenchard Museum (Air), Aylesbury, United Kingdom
The collection of exhibits has grown to include a myriad of artefacts including complete aircraft, aircraft cockpits, aero engines.
- Ulster Aviation Society (Air), Lisburn, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
The UAS heritage collection currently includes 40+ aircraft, ranging from vintage WWII fighters through Cold War-era fast jets, helicopters, and much more!
- Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (Road, Air, Rail), Holywood, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
The Transport Museum displays one of Europe’s largest and transport collections in our permanent galleries. From horse-drawn carriages to Irish built cars.
- Vasa Museum | Vasamuseet (Maritime), Stockholm, Sweden
The Vasa Museum is one of Scandinavia’s most visited museums. There you will find the unique and well preserved warship Vasa from 1628, embellished with hundreds of wooden sculptures.
- Vehículos Históricos Vall de Guadalest (Road), Guadelest (Alicante), Spain
Here begins his love for the world of workshops and machines.
- Volvo Museum (Road), Göteborg, Sweden
This is the official Volvo museum with everything that Volvo has produced. Cars, buses, excavators, boat engines, etc.
- Wings Museum (Air), Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
The Wings Museum is housed in a large hanger style building in Brantridge Lane situated between Balcombe & Handcross, Sussex. The museum is approximately 12,000 sq ft.
- Zeppelin Museum Friedrichshafen (Road, Air), Friedrichshafen, Germany
Zeppelin Museum houses the most extensive collection on the history of airship travel. Most famous, the LZ 129 Hindenburg. A Maybach Zeppelin, 1938 is also exhibited.
- Zeppelin- and Garrison Museum Tønder (Road, Air), Tønder, Denmark
During the First World War the German Imperial Navy operated Zeppelin airships from Tønder city.
- Ådalens Veteranbilsmuseum (Road), Lunde, Sweden
Small veteran car museum south of Kramfors with about 50 cars, motorcycles, snowmobiles and machines.
- Ängelholms Flygmuseum | Ängelholms flight / aviation museum (Air), Ängelholm, Sweden
Located in an old hangar at the old Swedish Wing F10. Small museum with planes from the Swedish Air Force.