Transport Museums in Australasia
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
Or directly select the type of museum you wish to visit, by using the drop-down menu below.
There are also alphabetical lists below the Map.
Australasian Transport Museums in alphabetical order
- Australian National Maritime Museum (Maritime), Sydney, New South Wales (NSW), Australia
Australia’s centre for maritime collections, exhibitions, research and archaeology.
- Aviation Heritage Museum (Air), Bull Creek, Western Australia (WA), Australia
The Aviation Heritage Museum provides a unique experience of civilian and military aviation through its extraordinary aviation displays. The Museum’s talented volunteers have designed, donated and built a truly amazing array of aviation displays that include 30 aircraft and thousands of artefacts.
- Benalla Aviation Museum (Air), Benalla, Victoria (VIC), Australia
The Benalla Aviation Museum offers a look at Australia’s military air training history, from the historic home of a World War II RAAF pilot training school. Attractions include a collection of military training aircraft, some fully operational.Passenger flights available.
- Campe’s Motor Museum (Road), Hamilton, Victoria (VIC), Australia
Selection of cars, busses and memorabilia including a Stutz 1929, Ansett Clipper Bus 1955, and Citroën 1933. The Museum is open for visitors by appointment.
- Charlie’s Auto Museum (Road), Arthurs Seat, Victoria (VIC), Australia
This is a unique collection of over 80 motor vehicles. There are also motorcycles, petrol bowsers, thousands of model cars and memorabilia spanning over 100 years.
- Classics Museum (Road), Dinsdale, Hamilton, New Zealand
Over 100 classic cars, but not just cars. Our collection encompasses a range of interests including an extensive collection of petrol memorabilia.
- CLOSED – Gosford Classic Car Museum (Road), West Gosford, New South Wales (NSW), Australia
CLOSED – Gosford Classic Car Museum was born out of a passion for the artistry of automobiles. Covering an expanse of more than 11,000 square metres.
- Geelong Museum of Motoring + Industry – GMOM (Road), Hamlyn Heights, Victoria (VIC), Australia
Collection of motor vehicles that pays tribute to the industry and manufacturing heritage of Geelong. It all started with the Ford Discovery Centre collection.
- Gippsland Vehicle Collection (Road), Maffra, Victoria (VIC), Australia
The museum has more than 160 special cars, motorbikes, machinery, historic vehicles and auto memorabilia on display.
- Hinkler Hall of Aviation (Air), Bundaberg North, Queensland (QLD), Australia
Come by the awe inspiring, dynamic and unique structure of soaring glass and steel made in the shape of an aircraft wing. Hinkler Hall of Aviation brings to life the adventures and achievements of Australia’s pioneer solo aviator Bert Hinkler.
- Historical Aircraft Restoration Society (Air), Albion Park Rail, New South Wales (NSW), Australia
The best description of the Historical Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) is “TARDIS”. I have lost count of the people I have shown around who are literally amazed at what they see. I guess our advertising needs to be more spectacular.
- Museum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT) (Road, Air, Rail), Western Springs, New Zealand
Auckland’s Museum of Transport and Technology, is New Zealand’s largest transport, technology and social history museum. Spread across 40 acres.
- National Automobile Museum of Tasmania (Road), Launceston, Tasmania (TAS), Australia
The museum comes alive with four theme displays each year as well as changing exhibits in the main hall and a mezzanine floor packed with motorcycles.
- National Holden Motor Museum (Road), Echuca, Victoria (VIC), Australia
Dedicated to preserving the models and their memories. From the first Holden 48-215 from the production line, to becoming the colossus of Australian Car Industry.
- National Motor Museum (Road), Birdwood, South Australia (SA), Australia
Since 1965 millions of people have enjoyed discovering their motoring heritage at the National Motor Museum, Birdwood, South Australia.
- National Motor Racing Museum Bathurst (Road), Bathurst, New South Wales (NSW), Australia
The National Motor Racing Museum celebrates the history, personalities and achievements of Australian Motor Sports.
- Packard Motor Museum (Road, Rail), Maungatapere, Whangarei, New Zealand
The collection encompasses vehicles, machinery and memorabilia from the 19th and 20th centuries including the 1873 Dubs A62 steam engine.
- Portland Powerhouse Motor and Car Museum (Road, Rail), Portland, Victoria (VIC), Australia
It features veteran, vintage and classic cars, motorcycles, stationary engines, signs, models, a 1920s Cable Tram, tractors, motoring memorabilia.
- Queensland Motorsport Museum (Road), Sumner, Queensland (QLD), Australia
Closed until further notice.
- RAAF Amberley Aviation Heritage Centre (Air), Amberley, Queensland (QLD), Australia
The RAAF Amberley Aviation Heritage Centre attracts up to 1000 visitors on open days and the displays change from time to time. A feature of our displays is that you can get up close and personal with our aircraft and other exhibits.
- Shepparton Motor Museum and Collectibles (Road), Kialla, Victoria (VIC), Australia
The museum houses over 100 classic, vintage and veteran cars, muscle cars, pedal cars, trucks and motorbikes.
- The Powerhouse Motorcycle Museum (Road), Tamworth, New South Wales (NSW), Australia
The Powerhouse Motorcycle Museum in Tamworth, NSW is a must see for any bike enthusiast. The museum houses a private collection of over 50 motorcycles.
- Trafalgar Holden Museum (Road), Trafalgar, Victoria (VIC), Australia
Collection of Holden vehicles from 48/215 to HZ.