Transport Museums in Eastern Europe
Direct links to:
- Spain | Portugal | Andorra
- UK | Ireland
- Central Europe (Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Lichtenstein, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Switzerland)
- the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden)
- South | Southeastern Europe (Albania, Bosnia, Croatia, Greece, Herzegovina, Italy, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Serbia)
Go back here if you want to see All Transport Museums in Europe.
Eastern European Transport Museums in alphabetical order
- Cadillac Museum (Road), Keszthely, Hungary
Museum dedicated luxury car Cadillac. One of the cars can be seen in a Godfather movie. Cars from 1905 to 1993.
- History Museum of Russian car-producer GAZ (Road), Nizhnij Novgorod, Russia
They seems to have 29 cars and military vehicles exhibited.
- Museum of Municipal Engineering (Road, Rail), Kraków, Poland
The Museum of Municipal Engineering was established on October 1, 1998 by the City of Krakow and received the historic halls of the oldest tramway shed as its seat. The department’s collection consists of more than 146 objects showing the development of the Polish automotive industry.
- Muzeum Powstania Warszawskiego｜Warsaw Uprising Museum (Air), Warszawa, Poland
The Warsaw Rising Museum was opened on the 60th anniversary of the outbreak of fighting in Warsaw. The Museum is a tribute of Warsaw’s residents to those who fought and died for independent Poland and its free capital.
- Muzeum Techniki i Komunikacji Zajezdnia Sztuki w Szczecinie｜Museum of Technology & Transport (Road, Rail), Szczecin, Poland
The Museum of Technology and Transport in Szczecin is full of vehicles that Poles used to be so much in love with.
- Muzeum Ziemi Pałuckiej (Maritime), Żnin, Poland
Website in Polish only. Looks like they have a collection of motorboats and other exhibits. Small Museum with friendly service in a medieval city. Image: Globeassassin [CC BY-SA 3.0 pl (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/pl/deed.en)]
- Polish Aviation Museum (Air), Kraków, Poland
The Krakow Aviation Museum took over a few buildings and part of the grounds of the Rakowice-Czyżny airfield, one of the oldest military airfields in Europe.
- Rīgas Motormuzejs | Riga Car Museum (Road), Rīga, Latvia
The design project envisages the creation of an entirely new innovative Riga Motor Museum exposition with interactive and multimedia solutions.
- The Polish Army Museum (Road, Air), Warsaw, Poland
As one of the largest museums in Poland The Polish Army Museum collection currently holds over 250,000 artefacts and is continually expanded.