Transport Museums in the Nordics
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
Or directly select the type of museum you wish to visit, by using the drop-down menu below.
There are also alphabetical lists below the Map.
Direct links to:
- Spain | Portugal | Andorra
- UK | Ireland
- Central Europe (Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Lichtenstein, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Switzerland)
- Eastern Europe (Belarus, Czechia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine)
- South | Southeastern Europe (Albania, Bosnia, Croatia, Greece, Herzegovina, Italy, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Serbia)
Go back here if you want to see all museums in Europe.
Nordic Transport Museums in alphabetical order
- Arvika Fordonsmuseum (Road), Arvika, Sweden
Over 100 vehicles, constantly rotated. Stanley Steamer, 1924; Mercedes 370 S Cab, 1931; Humber, 1903. Bikes like HVA, Douglas, Indian, Bultaco, and Norton.
- Autoseum Nisse Nilsson Collection (Road, Air), Simrishamn, Sweden
Probably the best museum in southern Sweden with cars and motorcycles from 1898 til today. Stefan “Lill-Lövis” Johansson exhibition.
- Bil- och Teknikhistoriska Samlingarna (Road), Köping, Sweden
Legendary marques, such as Bugatti, Voisin, Panhard-Levassor and classics from Cadillac and Bentley. Large number of motorcycles and automobilia. A Volvo ÖV4 from 1927 in a workshop.
- Danmarks Flymuseum | Danish Aircraft Museum (Air), Skjern, Denmark
Main emphasis is on the history of Danish flying and aircraft production, both civil and military, and is in constant development with new exhibitions and planes.
- Gotlands Veteranbilmuseum (Road), Visby, Sweden
Cars (1907-1970) from Rolls-Royce to electrical. Bikes from 1901-1980s. Bicycles, Tractors and other memorabilia.
- Härnösands bilmuseum (Road), Härnösand, Sweden
One of the largest museums in Sweden with over 200 cars.
- Ivars Bilmuseum (Road), Hoting, Sweden
Some really nice old cars like Renault, 1909; Commonwealth, 1919; Orient Buckboard, 1906; Ford Model T Landaulette, 1919.
- Johannamuseet (Road), Skurup, Sweden
Johanna Museum has vintage cars, motorbikes, musical instruments, toys. Oldest Swedish car, a Cederholm from 1894.
- Kisa Bilmuseum | Kisa Car Museum (Road), Kisa, Sweden
Kisa Bilmuseum with a lot of Saabs. Cars are not in show condition. Only open a few days a year.
- Lillehammer Car museum – CLOSED (Road), Lillehammer, Norway
This museum is unfortunately closed. The many really rare cars are now moved to Norsk Vegmuseum.
- MC Collection Bike Museum (Road), Västerås, Sweden
Collection of motorcycles shown at Tidö Castle.
- Motala Motormuseum (Road), Motala, Sweden
One of the largest Rolls-Royce collections in the country. Also a number of Supercars like a Koenigsegggggggg.
- Norsk Vegmuseum (Road), Fåberg, Norway
Replaced the old Norsk Kjøretøyhistorisk Museum in Lillehammer. It’s located a little bit further north.
- Oulun Automuseon / Oulu Automobile Museum (Road), Oulu, Finland
More than 50 veteran cars and motorcycles. The oldest automobiles date from around 1910.
- Ryds Bilkyrkogård Kyrkö Mosse | Ryd’s Car cemetary (Road), Ryd, Sweden
Well this is not really a museum but a bunch of cars that had been left in the forest. They are slowly being reclaimed by nature.
- SAAB Car Museum (Road), Trollhättan, Sweden
The collections has around 120 cars and approximately 70 of them are on show. The first Saab was the 92001, which is more commonly known as ”Ursaaben” from 1947.
- Sjóminjasafnið í Reykjavík | Vikin Maritime Museum (Maritime), Reykjavík, Iceland
Reykjavík Maritime Museum is located in the harbour in Reykjavík, in a fish freezing plant. It has undergone a major renovation and was reopened on June 8th 2018.
- Smålands Bil-, Musik- och Leksaksmuseum (Road), Rydaholm, Sweden
Småland’s Car, Music, and Toy Museum”
- Sommer’s Automobile Museum (Road), Nærum, Denmark
Cars from 1914 up to a Danish electric car from 1990. Bugatti Brescia Type T13, 1923; Hispano-Suiza Type 64, 1932; Jaguar SS100, C-Type, D-Type.
- Sparreholms Slott | Sparreholm Castle (Road), Sparreholm, Sweden
The museum shows exclusive cars such as Mercedes 540K, 1936; a Horch 853, 1936; Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost, 1921; Hertel, 1898, and Clement Panhard, 1898.
- Svedinos Bil- & Flygmuseum (Road, Air), Ugglarp, Sweden
One of the major collections in northern Europe of vintage cars and aircraft. The collection comprises over 100 cars, 40 aircraft, motorcycles, engines etc.
- Teknikland (Road, Air), Östersund, Sweden
Teknikland is a retro technique world of military history, vehicles and old machinery. Experience the 20th century history.
- The Transportation Museum at Ystafell (Road), Þingeyjarsveit, Iceland
A small museum in Iceland.
- Tidaholms museum (Road), Tidaholm, Sweden
About a 1000 vehicles were built by Tidaholms Bruk between 1903 and 1934. Nine of them are shown in the C-building at the museum.
- Vasa Museum | Vasamuseet (Maritime), Stockholm, Sweden
The Vasa Museum is one of Scandinavia’s most visited museums. There you will find the unique and well preserved warship Vasa from 1628, embellished with hundreds of wooden sculptures.
- Volvo Museum (Road), Göteborg, Sweden
This is the official Volvo museum with everything that Volvo has produced. Cars, buses, excavators, boat engines, etc.
- Zeppelin- and Garrison Museum Tønder (Road, Air), Tønder, Denmark
During the First World War the German Imperial Navy operated Zeppelin airships from Tønder city.
- Ådalens Veteranbilsmuseum (Road), Lunde, Sweden
Small veteran car museum south of Kramfors with about 50 cars, motorcycles, snowmobiles and machines.
- Ängelholms Flygmuseum | Ängelholms flight / aviation museum (Air), Ängelholm, Sweden
Located in an old hangar at the old Swedish Wing F10. Small museum with planes from the Swedish Air Force.