Railroad, Train & Tram Museums in the World
The map below shows just the Railroad & Train Museums and Collections we have in our directory at the moment.
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
26 museums in total.
Railroad & Train Museums in alphabetical order
- Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim, Europe, Sinsheim, Germany
HUGE Transport museum, Tupolev Tu-144, Concorde, Me-109, about 60 planes. 300 vintage cars, old Mercedes, Maybachs, Bugattis etc.
- Cole Land Transportation Museum, North America, Bangor, Maine (ME), USA
Our purpose at the Cole Land Transportation Museum is to collect, preserve, and display a cross section of Maine’s land transportation equipment.
- Colorado Railroad Museum, North America, Colorado, Colorado (CO), USA
Stroll the Museum’s 15-acre railyard with over 100 narrow and standard gauge steam and diesel locomotives, passenger cars, cabooses, G-scale garden railway and more.
- Deutsches Museum Verkehrszentrum, Europe, Munich | München, Germany
In exhibition spaces covering a total of 12,000 square metres, you can experience 275 historical trains, cars, motorcycles, bicycles and coaches.
- Grampian Transport Museum, Europe, Alford, United Kingdom
The museum is a living museum that probes the past, present and future. Many exhibits are climb aboard, hands on and even ride on!
- Illinois Railway Museum, North America, Union, Illinois (IL), USA
The main museum campus in Union, Illinois features more than twenty structures spread out across 100 acres of land. These include exhibit buildings which house much of the museum’s collection.
- Museum of Alaska Transportation & Industry, MATI, North America, Wasilla, Alaska (AK), USA
MATI was established to give a home to the transportation and industrial remnants and to tell the stories of the people and the machines that opened Alaska to exploration and growth.
- Museum of Municipal Engineering, Europe, Kraków, Poland
The Museum of Municipal Engineering was established on October 1, 1998 by the City of Krakow and received the historic halls of the oldest tramway shed as its seat. The department’s collection consists of more than 146 objects showing the development of the Polish automotive industry.
- Museum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT), Australasia, Western Springs, New Zealand
Auckland’s Museum of Transport and Technology, is New Zealand’s largest transport, technology and social history museum. Spread across 40 acres.
- Muzeum Techniki i Komunikacji Zajezdnia Sztuki w Szczecinie｜Museum of Technology & Transport, Europe, Szczecin, Poland
The Museum of Technology and Transport in Szczecin is full of vehicles that Poles used to be so much in love with.
- National Museum of Transportation, North America, St. Louis, Missouri (MO), USA
The Museum’s rail and transit collections have grown to encompass more than 190 major exhibits. Our collection is recognized as the largest collection of transportation vehicles in the world.
- National Railroad Museum, North America, Green Bay, Wisconsin (WI), USA
The National Railroad Museum is proud to have the only A4 Class locomotive in the United States. An awesome collection of locomotives, and more!
- New York Transit Museum, North America, Brooklyn, New York State (NY), USA
The Transit Museum is located in a decommissioned subway station at 99 Schermerhorn Street Brooklyn, NY 11201, and accessible by over 20 bus and subway lines.
- Packard Motor Museum, Australasia, Maungatapere, Whangarei, New Zealand
The collection encompasses vehicles, machinery and memorabilia from the 19th and 20th centuries including the 1873 Dubs A62 steam engine.
- Pioneer Village, North America, Minden, Nebraska (NE), USA
20 flying machines, 100 antique tractors. See the world’s oldest Buick, a 1902 Cadillac and a 1903 Ford, plus 350 other antique cars.
- Portland Powerhouse Motor and Car Museum, Australasia, Portland, Victoria (VIC), Australia
It features veteran, vintage and classic cars, motorcycles, stationary engines, signs, models, a 1920s Cable Tram, tractors, motoring memorabilia.
- Riverside Museum, Europe, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Award-winning Transport Museum, over 3,000 objects on display. Locomotives, tram, bus, cars and motorbikes.
- San Diego Electric Railway Association (SDERA), North America, National City, California (CA), USA
They are dedicated to the preservation of the history of the San Diego Electric Railway, primary streetcar system operating late 1800s to 1949.
- Swiss Museum of Transport, Europe, Luzern, Switzerland
All types of transport from bicycles to the locomotive the Crocodile. More than 30 historic aircraft. ‘Monteverdi’ car exhibit, large numbers of historic vehicles.
- Technik Museum Speyer, Europe, Speyer, Germany
Largest Space Exhibition in Europe! 600 unique exhibits. Space shuttle BURAN. Also Cars, Bikes, Plains, Fire Engines, Locomotives, and “The Moon” area.
- The Henry Ford Museum, North America, Dearborn, Michigan (MI), USA
Step into a world where past innovations fuel the imagination of generations to come. A vibrant exploration of genius in all its forms.
- The Nethercutt Museum, North America, Sylmar, California (CA), USA
They show more than 250 of the world’s greatest cars. Pebble Beach winners. Gobron-Brille, Pope-Hartford, Knox, Hispano-Suiza.
- Tillamook Air Museum, North America, Tillamook, Oregon (OR), USA
Now an Air Museum, with Aircraft, Helicopters, Trucks and Fire Truck. Exhibits large and small, including an engine & Helium room.
- Ulster Folk and Transport Museum, Europe, Holywood, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
The Transport Museum displays one of Europe’s largest and transport collections in our permanent galleries. From horse-drawn carriages to Irish built cars.
- Volo Auto Museum, North America, Volo, Illinois (IL), USA
The Volo Auto Museum is an all-day, 35-acre, destination the entire family can enjoy, even for those who aren’t car lovers. 400-car collection that features special interest cars from the 1900’s and up
- Yukon Transportation Museum, North America, Whitehorse, Yukon (YT), Canada
This museum brings Yukon transportation history to life.