Transport Museums in UK | Ireland
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
Or directly select the type of museum you wish to visit, by using the drop-down menu below.
There are also alphabetical lists below the Map.
Direct links to:
- Spain | Portugal | Andorra
- Central Europe (Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Lichtenstein, Luxemburg, Netherlands, Switzerland)
- the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Belarus, Czechia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine)
- South | Southeastern Europe (Albania, Bosnia, Croatia, Greece, Herzegovina, Italy, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Serbia)
Go back here if you want to see all museums in Europe.
UK & Irish Transport Museums in alphabetical order
- Aston Martin Heritage Trust (Road), Wallingford, United Kingdom
The official archive for Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd. and the Aston Martin Owners Club. They have a very significant and growing collection of original Aston Martins.
- Atwell-Wilson Motor Museum (Road), Calne, United Kingdom
The majority of our exhibits are cars from the 1920’s onwards. We also have a collection of motorcycles, mopeds and bicycles.
- Bentley Motor Museum (Road), Halland, United Kingdom
Bentley Motor Museum contains a unique collection of cars, motorcycles cycles and vehicles, which span over 100 years of road transport history.
- Bentwaters Cold War Museum (Road, Air), Woodbridge, United Kingdom
The museum has a growing collection of aircraft representing the “Cold War” era. The museum’s first acquisition was a Meteor D.16. which was purchased in 2005.
- Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar Aviation Museum (Air), Westerham, United Kingdom
The Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar is a restoration facility dedicated to putting Spitfires back in the air. As well as up to 13 Spitfires on site we have a 1940 Hawker Hurricane and Battle of Britain veteran Messerschmitt 109 on view.
- British Motor Museum (Road), Gaydon Warwick, United Kingdom
The British Motor Museum is home to the world’s largest collection of historic British Cars.
- Brooklands Museum (Road, Air), Weybridge, United Kingdom
One of the most significant acquisitions in the museum’s history was Concorde G-BBDG in 2003, and opened to the public in 2006.
- Cotswold Motoring Museum & Toy Collection (Road), Bourton-on-the-Water, United Kingdom
The Motoring Museum is overflowing with vintage car collections, classic cars and motorcycles, caravans, and a collection of motoring curiosities.
- Coventry Transport Museum (Road), Coventry, United Kingdom
Coventry Transport Museum houses the largest publicly owned collection of British vehicles in the world.
- Dover Transport Museum (Road), Whitfield, Dover, United Kingdom
Historic Vehicles, Vintage Garage & Motorcycle Shop, Dover Car Ferry & Train Ferry Memorabilia
- Dumfries and Galloway Aviation Museum (Air), Dumfries, United Kingdom
Wellington bomber (HE 746) was on a flight from RAF Wing near Leighton Buzzard when it suffered a failure to one of its Bristol Hercules engines.
- Dundee Museum of Transport (Road), Dundee, United Kingdom
Local transport pioneers & innovators. Tram network, railway and marine history. Cars, commercial vehicles, buses. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
- Fleet Air Arm Museum (Air), Ilchester Yeovil, United Kingdom
Today the collection stands at 102 airframes that span the history of naval aviation from 1909 to the present day. The collection also houses Concorde 002.
- Gatwick Aviation Museum (Air), Charlwood, United Kingdom
This Aviation Museum has a unique collection of British aircraft from the “golden age” of British aircraft manufacture. From the end of WWII until the 1970’s
- Grampian Transport Museum (Road, Rail), Alford, United Kingdom
The museum is a living museum that probes the past, present and future. Many exhibits are climb aboard, hands on and even ride on!
- Haynes International Motor Museum (Road), Yeovil, United Kingdom
The Haynes International Motor Museum is the UK’s largest collection of the greatest cars from around the world with over 400 amazing cars and bikes.
- Isle of Man Motor Museum (Road), Jurby, United Kingdom
Several historically significant vehicles including a 1953 Humber Super Snipe tourer built for and used by Queen Elizabeth II. Over 200 motorcycles.
- Kent Battle of Britain Museum (Air), Folkestone, United Kingdom
The hangar contains full sized replicas of Hurricane and Spitfire aircraft that were built for the 1968 film “The Battle of Britain”.
- Kilgarvan Motor Museum (Road), Slaheny / Kilgarvan, Ireland
Family run museum where can browse at your ease. Visit and have a cup of coffee or tea, while you drool over the motors and the motorabilia.
- Lakeland Motor Museum (Road), Ulverston, United Kingdom
Explore our extensive car collection spanning more than 100 years of motor heritage. From vintage to veteran, curious and comical to weird and wonderful.
- Lashenden Air Warfare Museum (Air), Headcorn, Ashford, United Kingdom
The Home of the UK’s Fieseler Fi 103R-4 Reichenberg. A collection of “wreckology” items from the Malling Aircraft Archaeologists & a Focke Achgelis Fa 330A-1.
- Llangollen Motor Museum (Road), Llangollen, Wales, United Kingdom
The collection includes a model “T” Ford, a Vauxhall 14/40, several Austins and Citroens. The Norton, the Triumph, the Ariel, the Sunbeam and the B.S.A. An experience not to be missed.
- London Motor Museum – CLOSED (Road), , United Kingdom
- Myreton Motor Museum (Road), East Lothian, United Kingdom
Founded in 1966 by Willie Dale and has a large collection exhibits such as cars, bicycles, motor cycles and commercial vehicles. See the details and more.
- National Motor Museum Trust (Road), Brockenhurst, United Kingdom
The National Motor Museum Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to preserving and promoting motoring history.
- National Motorcycle Museum (Road), Bickenhill, Hampton in Arden, Solihull, United Kingdom
The National Motorcycle Museum is recognised as the finest and largest British motorcycle museum in the world. The collection boasts some 1000 plus machines.
- National Museum of Flight (Air), East Fortune, United Kingdom
Our newly restored hangars tell the stories of military and civil aviation over the past 100 years, showcasing our world-class collection of aircraft.
- Newark Air Museum (Air), Newark, United Kingdom
the aircraft on display include 13 National Benchmark aircraft; 34 Significant aircraft and 21 Noteworthy aircraft as listed in the N.A.H Register.
- Riverside Museum (Road, Rail), Glasgow, United Kingdom
Award-winning Transport Museum, over 3,000 objects on display. Locomotives, tram, bus, cars and motorbikes.
- Romney Marsh Wartime Collection (Road, Air), Romney Marsh, United Kingdom
The Romney Marsh Wartime Collection is a unique collection of wartime equipment, remains recovered from aircraft crash sites and memorabilia collected.
- Royal Air Force Museum Cosford (Air), Shifnal, United Kingdom
Over 70 aircraft of international importance are housed in three Wartime Hangars and within the National Cold War Exhibition. See the world’s oldest Spitfire
- Royal Air Force Museum London (Air), London, United Kingdom
With a world-class collection and display of aircraft, integrated with special exhibitions, films, interactives, artwork, engines, missiles, photographs.
- Sammy Miller Museum, New Milton (Road), New Milton, UK, United Kingdom
The Museum houses one of the finest collections of fully restored motorcycles in the world, including factory racers and exotic prototypes.
- Solway Aviation Museum (Air), Crosby-on-Eden, United Kingdom
At Carlisle Airport, is home to a collection of aircraft, aviation artefacts and displays reflecting Britain’s position as a world leader in aircraft design.
- Tacla Taid – The Anglesey Transport Museum (Road, Air), Newborough, United Kingdom
Tacla Taid, the Anglesey Transport and Agriculture Museum, is the largest of its kind in Wales.
- Tangmere Military Aviation Museum (Air), Tangmere, Chichester, United Kingdom
The Museum is home to an impressive display of historic aircraft and a unique collection of aviation memorabilia stretching from the First World War through to the Cold War.
- The Bugatti Trust Study Centre and Museum (Road), Cheltenham, United Kingdom
An independent charity dedicated to the study of the works of Ettore Bugatti. It is open to the public with vintage Bugattis and racing memorabilia.
- The de Havilland Aircraft Museum (Air), London Colney, United Kingdom
Aircraft development in 20th century Britain. Many iconic aircraft such as the de Havilland Mosquito – “The Wooden Wonder”, and The Comet.
- The Helicopter Museum (Air), Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Over 80 displayed aircraft. The Queen’s Royal Flight, and the Bell UH-1H ‘Huey’. The Helicopter World Speed Record Holder, Autogyros, & Russian Hind Gunship.
- The Shuttleworth Collection (Road, Air), Biggleswade, United Kingdom
Based in the aerodrome, the Collection contains some of last airworthy aircraft of their type remaining anywhere in the world.
- The Spitfire & Hurricane Memorial Museum (Road, Air), Ramsgate, United Kingdom
The iconic RAF fighter planes of the Second World War, the Supermarine Spitfire Mk XVI and the Hawker Hurricane IIC, housed under one museum roof.
- The Yorkshire Air Museum (Road, Air), Elvington, United Kingdom
Our huge range of exhibits and collections span almost the entire history of flight. Today we have over 60 historic aircraft and vehicles.
- Trenchard Museum (Air), Aylesbury, United Kingdom
The collection of exhibits has grown to include a myriad of artefacts including complete aircraft, aircraft cockpits, aero engines.
- Ulster Aviation Society (Air), Lisburn, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
The UAS heritage collection currently includes 40+ aircraft, ranging from vintage WWII fighters through Cold War-era fast jets, helicopters, and much more!
- Ulster Folk and Transport Museum (Road, Air, Rail), Holywood, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
The Transport Museum displays one of Europe’s largest and transport collections in our permanent galleries. From horse-drawn carriages to Irish built cars.
- Wings Museum (Air), Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
The Wings Museum is housed in a large hanger style building in Brantridge Lane situated between Balcombe & Handcross, Sussex. The museum is approximately 12,000 sq ft.