Transport Museums in Central Europe
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
Or directly select the type of museum you wish to visit, by using the drop-down menu below.
There are also alphabetical lists below the Map.
Direct links to:
- Spain | Portugal | Andorra
- UK | Ireland
- the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden)
- Eastern Europe (Belarus, Czechia, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Poland, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine)
- South | Southeastern Europe (Albania, Bosnia, Croatia, Greece, Herzegovina, Italy, Macedonia, Malta, Montenegro, Serbia)
Go back here if you want to see All Transport Museums in Europe.
Central European Transport Museums in alphabetical order
- Abarth Works Museum Guy Moerenhout Racing (Road), Lier, Belgium
Museum has a large stock of Abarth cars, spare parts. Specials like: Fiat Abarth 124 Rally, Fiat Abarth 1300/124, X1/9.
- August Horch Museum (Road), Zwickau, Germany
On the ground of the former Audi factory, at the origin of great automotive history, you find the August Horch Museum.
- Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim (Road, Air, Rail), Sinsheim, Germany
HUGE Transport museum, Tupolev Tu-144, Concorde, Me-109, about 60 planes. 300 vintage cars, old Mercedes, Maybachs, Bugattis etc.
- Autobau Erlebniswelt (Road), Romanshorn, Switzerland
Experience the fascinating world of Aston Martin and Bugatti, Ferrari and Lamborghini, Maserati, Mercedes, Porsche and many car brands!
- Automuseum Adlkofen (Road), Adlkofen, Germany
Adlkofen vehicle museum has been constantly expanded since the beginning in 1980. It has currently 72 four-wheeled exhibits, 120 two-wheelers and 250 individual engines.
- Automuseum Dr. Carl Benz | Carl Benz Car Museum (Road), Ladenburg, Germany
A museum of everything Carl Benz invented and achieved.
- Automuseum Melle | Car Museum (Road), Melle, Germany
It presents “History on Wheels” in industrial palace of furniture factory Melchersmann. A museum with over 200 cars on a rotating display.
- Automuseum Prototyp (Road), Hamburg, Germany
Shows rare sports and racing cars from 70 years of automotive history. Porsche ancestor Type 64 from 1939; Porsche 597 “Jagdwagen”,1958
- AutoMuseum Volkswagen (Road), Wolfsburg, Germany
On 5,000 square a total of 130 vehicles with many rare concept vehicles, prototypes and one-off models.
- Autosammlung Steim (Road), Schramberg, Germany
The private collection with around 130 unique vehicles. Aero, 1932; Auburn Boattail, 1932; Brasier, 1910; De Dion Bouton, 1902; Duesenberg, 1923; Marmon, 1922; Maybach DS 8 Zeppelin, 1932
- Autostadt (Road), Wolfsburg, Germany
A truly beautiful location, and an incredible Museum Experience! Incredible collection, and lots of attractions for the entire family.
- Autoworld (Road), Brussels, Belgium
They have around 1000 cars of which a “smaller” part is displayed at Autoworld Brussels. They also display a lot of motorbikes.
- BMW Museum (Road), München, Germany
This museum shows the history of the BMW brand.
- Brussels Air Museum at Royal Museum of the Armed Forces and Military History (Air), Brussels, Belgium
The Air and Space Section has had a fast and very successful development thanks to a few military and civilian airmen and ground crew.
- Cité de l’Automobile, Schlumpf Collection (Road), Mulhouse, France
This is said to be the largest Car Museum in the World. They have almost 520 cars of which 400 are shown at any one time.
- Classic Park (Road), VK Boxtel, Netherlands
Exploitation of Classic Park rests on several pillars: payed visits to the museum, acquisition and sales of automobiles, corporate and public events. Classic Park features several well-equipped event and conference rooms and a charming restaurant. The…
- Deutsches Museum Verkehrszentrum (Road, Rail), Munich | München, Germany
In exhibition spaces covering a total of 12,000 square metres, you can experience 275 historical trains, cars, motorcycles, bicycles and coaches.
- Dornier Museum (Road, Air), Friedrichshafen, Germany
This museum is dedicated to the genius Claude Dornier’s accomplishments. It preserves and documents the Dornier company’s achievements in aviation and aerospace history in a striking architectural setting.
- EFA Automobilmuseum (Road), Amerang, Germany
More than 220 German car legends of all brands. From the first Benz, the grandiose creations of the 20’s and 30’s, the cute little cars of the 50’s, to the fast-paced modern cars.
- Fahrzeugmuseum Streicher (Road), Lalling, Germany
“A museum for people with petrol in the blood” Almost 100 classic cars and over 200 motorcycles.
- Ferdinand Porsche Erlebniswelt fahr(T)raum (Road), Mattsee, Austria
Fantastic museum near Salzburg in Austria. Old cars, mainly Austro Daimler, that Ferdinand Porsche was involved in.
- Fondation Hervé (Road), Aigle, Switzerland
The collection of classic cars includes cars presenting a particular technical interest or a coachwork of a striking elegance, representing car manufacturing from the 1920’s to our days.
- Healey Museum (Road), AK Vreeland, Netherlands
The earliest Healeys receive a prominent place in the collection. The Museum shows a number of Warwick built Healeys, including a Sportsmobile from 1949.
- Klassikstadt Car | Auto Museum (Road), Frankfurt am Main, Germany
On more than 16,000 square meters over 350 vehicles of various eras, almost 100 parking spaces in the glass pit lane and 35 workshops.
- Koller’s Oldtimermuseum (Road), Kleinwetzdorf, Austria
About 70 cars from the last 120 years of car history. 1886 to modern brands, Porsche, Ferrari, Jaguar. Rare ones: Bugatti, Hispano Suiza and Packard. Bicycles, motorbikes and tractors.
- Louwman Museum (Road), Haag, Netherlands
The world’s oldest private collection of motor cars. Over 250 amazing cars. It’s considered one of the most beautiful auto museums in the World.
- Mazda Classic, Automobil Museum Frey (Road), Augsburg, Germany
Largest collection of Mazda’s outside of Japan collected by a Rotary Engine and Mazda mad family. Up to 50 vehicles represent the Japanese carmaker’s history.
- Mercedes-Benz Museum (Road), Stuttgart, Germany
Museum presents 160 vehicles and over 1,500 exhibits. Even the building it self is well worth a visit.
- Merks Motor Museum (Road), Nürnberg, Germany
This museum shows 84 cars and 20 motorcycles.
- Motor-Sport-Museum am Hockenheimring (Road), Hockenheim, Germany
On 2,200 sqm it has over 300 exhibits from all eras of motor racing. Historical racing cars and bikes are shown with some of the latest formula cars, racing bikes and touring cars.
- Musée Automobile de Vendée (Road), Talmont-Saint-Hilaire, France
4 cars from 1898: Decauville Vis à Vis, Peugeot, Tricar Leon Bollee, and Victoria par Belvalette. Oldest car from 1885, a steam-driven Dion Bouton.
- Musée de l’Auto Mahymobiles | Mahymobiles Car Museum (Road), Leuze-en-Hainaut, Belgium
Over 300 cars are on permanent display. How about an Ava Monoplace, a Barré or a Corre La Licorne?
- Musée de l’Automobile de Valençay | Valencay Automobile Museum (Road), Valençay, France
This Museum shows about sixty cars from 1898 which are all in running order. They also have garage signs collection, car parts and ancient posters.
- Musée de l’Automobile Henri Malartre | Henri Malartre Car Museum (Road), Rochetaillée-sur-Saône, France
Castle of Rochetaillée showcases a collection of automobiles, cycles, vintage motorcycles & public transport. A highlight is the Hitler parade Mercedes.
- Musée De L’aventure Peugeot (Road), Sochaux, France
The “Aventure Peugeot” Museum is one of the most important sites in eastern France, the main witness of two centuries of industrial saga of the Lion brand.
- Musée des 24 Heures du Mans (Road), Le Mans, France
With 120 vehicles, the Automobile Club de l’Ouest tells you about the epic of the automobile in Sarthe and the success of its international race.
- Musée Matra officiel (Road), Romorantin-Lanthenay, France
Modern, clear and warm, the Matra Automotive Space, which has been open since May 2000 on its current site, has become a must-see. More than 3000 m².
- Museum Fichtelberg, Cars Planes and Bikes (Road, Air), Fichtelberg, Germany
A transport museum with automobiles, airplanes, motorcycle, fire engines, and tractors. More than 500 exhibits across three halls and outdoor areas.
- Museum for historical Maybach cars | Museum für historische Maybach-Fahrzeuge (Road), Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz, Germany
Almost 20 historical Maybach-cars in chronological order.
- Old Timer Museum (Road), Lo-Reninge, Belgium
Belgian Cars such as Excelsior, 1911; Fabrique Nationale (FN), 1924; Minerva, 1930 and Imperia, 1937. A Decauville 1899 and other cars. Old Belgium bikes. Militaria.
- Porsche Museum (Road), Stuttgart, Germany
Over 80 Porsche vehicles are shown in this architecturally very bold building.
- PS. Speicher (Road), Einbeck, Germany
Museum, exhibition, and theme park. A must-visit fans of vintage cars and automobiles, motorcycle and engineering enthusiasts.
- Rolls-Royce Automobilmuseum Franz Ferdinand Vonier (Road), Dornbirn, Austria
World’s largest Rolls-Royce museum, a must see Car Museum!
- Rolls-Royce museum “the World’s finest” (Road), Dornbirn, Austria
A small but very exclusive museum with only coach-built Rolls-Royce and one Bentley cars.
- Swiss Museum of Transport (Road, Air, Maritime, Rail), Luzern, Switzerland
All types of transport from bicycles to the locomotive the Crocodile. More than 30 historic aircraft. ‘Monteverdi’ car exhibit, large numbers of historic vehicles.
- Technik Museum Speyer (Road, Air, Rail), Speyer, Germany
Largest Space Exhibition in Europe! 600 unique exhibits. Space shuttle BURAN. Also Cars, Bikes, Plains, Fire Engines, Locomotives, and “The Moon” area.
- Zeppelin Museum Friedrichshafen (Road, Air), Friedrichshafen, Germany
Zeppelin Museum houses the most extensive collection on the history of airship travel. Most famous, the LZ 129 Hindenburg. A Maybach Zeppelin, 1938 is also exhibited.