Transport Museums in France
Welcome to the Interactive map of Transport Museums in France.
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
Or directly select the type of museum you wish to visit, by using the drop-down menu below.
There are also alphabetical lists below the Map.
French museums in alphabetical order
Aventure Automobile in Poissy – CAAPY (Road), Poissy
A stunning collection of automotive history.
Cité du Train (Rail), Mulhouse
The biggest railway museum in Europe!
Musée Automobile de Vendée (Road), Talmont-Saint-Hilaire
4 cars from 1898: Decauville Vis à Vis, Peugeot, Tricar Leon Bollee, and Victoria par Belvalette. Oldest car from 1885, a steam-driven Dion Bouton.
Musée de l’Automobile de Valençay | Valencay Automobile Museum (Road), Valençay
This Museum shows about sixty cars from 1898 which are all in running order. They also have garage signs collection, car parts and ancient posters.
Musée de l’Automobile Henri Malartre | Henri Malartre Car Museum (Road, Rail), Rochetaillée-sur-Saône
Castle of Rochetaillée showcases a collection of automobiles, cycles, vintage motorcycles & public transport. A highlight is the Hitler parade Mercedes.
Musée De L’aventure Peugeot (Road), Sochaux
The “Aventure Peugeot” Museum is one of the most important sites in eastern France, the main witness of two centuries of industrial saga of the Lion brand.
Musée des 24 Heures du Mans (Road), Le Mans
With 120 vehicles, the Automobile Club de l’Ouest tells you about the epic of the automobile in Sarthe and the success of its international race.
Musée Matra officiel (Road), Romorantin-Lanthenay
Modern, clear and warm, the Matra Automotive Space, which has been open since May 2000 on its current site, has become a must-see. More than 3000 m².
Musée National de l’Automobile (Cité de l’Automobile, Schlumpf Collection) (Road), Mulhouse
This is said to be the largest Car Museum in the World. They have almost 520 cars of which 400 are shown at any one time.
The Citroën & DS Adventure Conservatoire (Road), Aulnay-sous-Bois
The Largest Citroën collection in the World!
French museums ordered by City
- Aulnay-sous-Bois, The Citroën & DS Adventure Conservatoire (Road)
- Le Mans, Musée des 24 Heures du Mans (Road)
- Mulhouse, Musée National de l’Automobile (Cité de l’Automobile, Schlumpf Collection) (Road)
- Mulhouse, Cité du Train (Rail)
- Poissy, Aventure Automobile in Poissy – CAAPY (Road)
- Rochetaillée-sur-Saône, Musée de l’Automobile Henri Malartre | Henri Malartre Car Museum (Road, Rail)
- Romorantin-Lanthenay, Musée Matra officiel (Road)
- Sochaux, Musée De L’aventure Peugeot (Road)
- Talmont-Saint-Hilaire, Musée Automobile de Vendée (Road)
- Valençay, Musée de l’Automobile de Valençay | Valencay Automobile Museum (Road)