Maritime & Nautical Museums in the World
The map below shows just the Maritime & Nautical Museums and Collections we have in our directory at the moment.
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
11 museums in total.
Maritime & Nautical Museums in alphabetical order
- Australian National Maritime Museum, Australasia, Sydney, New South Wales (NSW), Australia
Australia’s centre for maritime collections, exhibitions, research and archaeology.
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, North America, New York, New York State (NY), USA
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is dedicated to the exhibition and interpretation of history. Examine original artifacts, explore interactive exhibits.
- Maritime Museum of San Diego, North America, , California (CA), USA
The museum has one of the world’s finest collections of historic ships, including the world’s oldest active ship Star of India.
- Museu de Marinha | Maritime Museum, Europe, Belém, Lisboa | Lisbon, Portugal
The collection of the Navy Museum has more than 18,000 pieces. Around 2,500 were selected to feature in their permanent exhibition.
- Museu Maritim | Maritime Museum, Europe, Barcelona, Spain
The Maritime Museum of Barcelona is a space for interpreting and sharing Catalan maritime culture.
- Muzeum Ziemi Pałuckiej, Europe, Żnin, Poland
Website in Polish only. Looks like they have a collection of motorboats and other exhibits. Small Museum with friendly service in a medieval city. Image: Globeassassin [CC BY-SA 3.0 pl (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/pl/deed.en)]
- Shearwater Aviation Museum, North America, Shearwater, Nova Scotia (NS), Canada
The museum acquires, conserves, organizes and researches the history of Canadian Maritime Military Aviation.
- Sjóminjasafnið í Reykjavík | Vikin Maritime Museum, Europe, Reykjavík, Iceland
Reykjavík Maritime Museum is located in the harbour in Reykjavík, in a fish freezing plant. It has undergone a major renovation and was reopened on June 8th 2018.
- Swiss Museum of Transport, Europe, Luzern, Switzerland
All types of transport from bicycles to the locomotive the Crocodile. More than 30 historic aircraft. ‘Monteverdi’ car exhibit, large numbers of historic vehicles.
- USS Pueblo, Victorious Fatherland Liberation War Memorial, Asia, Pyongyang, Harbin, Heilongjiang, North Korea
This is a U.S. Navy ship captured in 1968. It is now moored in Pyongyang and used there as a museum ship at the Pyongyang Victorious War Museum.
- Vasa Museum | Vasamuseet, Europe, Stockholm, Sweden
The Vasa Museum is one of Scandinavia’s most visited museums. There you will find the unique and well preserved warship Vasa from 1628, embellished with hundreds of wooden sculptures.