Transport Museums in Sweden
Welcome to the Interactive map of Transport Museums in Sweden.
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
Or directly select the type of museum you wish to visit, by using the drop-down menu below.
There are also alphabetical lists below the Map.
Swedish Transport Museums in alphabetical order
Arvika Fordonsmuseum (Road), Arvika
Over 100 vehicles, constantly rotated. Stanley Steamer, 1924; Mercedes 370 S Cab, 1931; Humber, 1903. Bikes like HVA, Douglas, Indian, Bultaco, and Norton.
Autoseum Nisse Nilsson Collection (Road, Air), Simrishamn
Probably the best museum in southern Sweden with cars and motorcycles from 1898 til today. Stefan “Lill-Lövis” Johansson exhibition.
Bil- och Teknikhistoriska Samlingarna (Road), Köping
Legendary marques, such as Bugatti, Voisin, Panhard-Levassor and classics from Cadillac and Bentley. Large number of motorcycles and automobilia. A Volvo ÖV4 from 1927 in a workshop.
Eslövs Flyg och Hemvärnsmuseum (Road, Air), Eslöv
Swedish Aviation and Home Guard history
Gotlands Veteranbilmuseum (Road), Visby
Cars (1907-1970) from Rolls-Royce to electrical. Bikes from 1901-1980s. Bicycles, Tractors and other memorabilia.
Härnösands bilmuseum (Road), Härnösand
One of the largest museums in Sweden with over 200 cars.
Hässleholms Museum (Road), Hässleholm
Sweden’s largest collection of tracked vehicles!
Ivars Bilmuseum (Road), Hoting
Some really nice old cars like Renault, 1909; Commonwealth, 1919; Orient Buckboard, 1906; Ford Model T Landaulette, 1919.
Johannamuseet (Road), Skurup
Johanna Museum has vintage cars, motorbikes, musical instruments, toys. Oldest Swedish car, a Cederholm from 1894.
Kisa Bilmuseum | Kisa Car Museum (Road), Kisa
Kisa Bilmuseum with a lot of Saabs. Cars are not in show condition. Only open a few days a year.
MC Collection Bike Museum (Road), Västerås
Collection of motorcycles shown at Tidö Castle.
Motala Motormuseum (Road), Motala
One of the largest Rolls-Royce collections in the country. Also a number of Supercars like a Koenigsegggggggg.
Ryds Bilkyrkogård Kyrkö Mosse | Ryd’s Car cemetary (Road), Ryd
Well this is not really a museum but a bunch of cars that had been left in the forest. They are slowly being reclaimed by nature.
SAAB Car Museum (Road), Trollhättan
The collections has around 120 cars and approximately 70 of them are on show. The first Saab was the 92001, which is more commonly known as ”Ursaaben” from 1947.
Smålands Bil-, Musik- och Leksaksmuseum (Road), Rydaholm
Småland’s Car, Music, and Toy Museum”
Sparreholms Slott | Sparreholm Castle (Road), Sparreholm
The museum shows exclusive cars such as Mercedes 540K, 1936; a Horch 853, 1936; Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost, 1921; Hertel, 1898, and Clement Panhard, 1898.
Stenbäcks flygmuseum (Air), Skurup
Instruments, Simulators, and Planes!
Svedinos Bil- & Flygmuseum (Road, Air), Ugglarp
One of the major collections in northern Europe of vintage cars and aircraft. The collection comprises over 100 cars, 40 aircraft, motorcycles, engines etc.
Swedish Railway Museum | Järnvägsmuseet (Rail), Gävle
The Museum is closed for renovation from summer 2019. See website for details. Historical Train rides are starting again!
Teknikland (Road, Air), Östersund
Teknikland is a retro technique world of military history, vehicles and old machinery. Experience the 20th century history.
The F11 Museum Stockholm Skavsta Airport (Air), Nyköping
Swedish Aviation reconnaissance Museum. Aircraft and items from an entire era of Swedish Aviation reconnaissance. Small shop and Cafe. Flight Simulator (Link to bookings and times)
The Naval Museum – Marinmuseum Karlskrona (Maritime), Naval Museum - Marinmuseum,Karskrona
A part of the Swedish National Maritime and Transport Museums agency. This Museum houses, Submarines, Ships, Naval vessels, and hundreds of artifacts. Free entry during opening hours Audio guide available.
Tidaholms museum (Road), Tidaholm
About a 1000 vehicles were built by Tidaholms Bruk between 1903 and 1934. Nine of them are shown in the C-building at the museum.
Vasa Museum | Vasamuseet (Maritime), Stockholm
The Vasa Museum is one of Scandinavia’s most visited museums. There you will find the unique and well preserved warship Vasa from 1628, embellished with hundreds of wooden sculptures.
Volvo Museum (Road), Göteborg
This is the official Volvo museum with everything that Volvo has produced. Cars, buses, excavators, boat engines, etc.
World of classics (), Tumba
Large collection of American Classics (79 by my count!). Some Motorcycles on display also. 50’s-60’s memorabilia and decor. Website’s other languages not working, so here are opening times: Monday: Closed Tuesday-Friday: 11-18 Saturday: 11-15 Sunday: C…
Ådalens Veteranbilsmuseum (Road), Lunde
Small veteran car museum south of Kramfors with about 50 cars, motorcycles, snowmobiles and machines.
Ängelholms Flygmuseum | Ängelholms flight / aviation museum (Air), Ängelholm
Located in an old hangar at the old Swedish Wing F10. Small museum with planes from the Swedish Air Force.
Swedish Transport Museums ordered by City
- Ängelholm, Ängelholms Flygmuseum | Ängelholms flight / aviation museum (Air)
- Arvika, Arvika Fordonsmuseum (Road)
- Eslöv, Eslövs Flyg och Hemvärnsmuseum (Road, Air)
- Gävle, Swedish Railway Museum | Järnvägsmuseet (Rail)
- Göteborg, Volvo Museum (Road)
- Härnösand, Härnösands bilmuseum (Road)
- Hässleholm, Hässleholms Museum (Road)
- Hoting, Ivars Bilmuseum (Road)
- Kisa, Kisa Bilmuseum | Kisa Car Museum (Road)
- Köping, Bil- och Teknikhistoriska Samlingarna (Road)
- Lunde, Ådalens Veteranbilsmuseum (Road)
- Motala, Motala Motormuseum (Road)
- Naval Museum - Marinmuseum,Karskrona, The Naval Museum – Marinmuseum Karlskrona (Maritime)
- Nyköping, The F11 Museum Stockholm Skavsta Airport (Air)
- Östersund, Teknikland (Road, Air)
- Ryd, Ryds Bilkyrkogård Kyrkö Mosse | Ryd’s Car cemetary (Road)
- Rydaholm, Smålands Bil-, Musik- och Leksaksmuseum (Road)
- Simrishamn, Autoseum Nisse Nilsson Collection (Road, Air)
- Skurup, Johannamuseet (Road)
- Skurup, Stenbäcks flygmuseum (Air)
- Sparreholm, Sparreholms Slott | Sparreholm Castle (Road)
- Stockholm, Vasa Museum | Vasamuseet (Maritime)
- Tidaholm, Tidaholms museum (Road)
- Trollhättan, SAAB Car Museum (Road)
- Tumba, World of classics ()
- Ugglarp, Svedinos Bil- & Flygmuseum (Road, Air)
- Västerås, MC Collection Bike Museum (Road)
- Visby, Gotlands Veteranbilmuseum (Road)