Transport Museums in Sweden
Welcome to the Interactive map of Transport Museums in Sweden.
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
Or directly select the type of museum you wish to visit, by using the drop-down menu below.
There are also alphabetical lists below the Map.
Swedish Transport Museums in alphabetical order
- Arvika Fordonsmuseum (Road), Arvika
Over 100 vehicles, constantly rotated. Stanley Steamer, 1924; Mercedes 370 S Cab, 1931; Humber, 1903. Bikes like HVA, Douglas, Indian, Bultaco, and Norton.
- Autoseum Nisse Nilsson Collection (Road, Air), Simrishamn
Probably the best museum in southern Sweden with cars and motorcycles from 1898 til today. Stefan “Lill-Lövis” Johansson exhibition.
- Bil- och Teknikhistoriska Samlingarna (Road), Köping
Legendary marques, such as Bugatti, Voisin, Panhard-Levassor and classics from Cadillac and Bentley. Large number of motorcycles and automobilia. A Volvo ÖV4 from 1927 in a workshop.
- Gotlands Veteranbilmuseum (Road), Visby
Cars (1907-1970) from Rolls-Royce to electrical. Bikes from 1901-1980s. Bicycles, Tractors and other memorabilia.
- Härnösands bilmuseum (Road), Härnösand
One of the largest museums in Sweden with over 200 cars.
- Ivars Bilmuseum (Road), Hoting
Some really nice old cars like Renault, 1909; Commonwealth, 1919; Orient Buckboard, 1906; Ford Model T Landaulette, 1919.
- Johannamuseet (Road), Skurup
Johanna Museum has vintage cars, motorbikes, musical instruments, toys. Oldest Swedish car, a Cederholm from 1894.
- Kisa Bilmuseum | Kisa Car Museum (Road), Kisa
Kisa Bilmuseum with a lot of Saabs. Cars are not in show condition. Only open a few days a year.
- MC Collection Bike Museum (Road), Västerås
Collection of motorcycles shown at Tidö Castle.
- Motala Motormuseum (Road), Motala
One of the largest Rolls-Royce collections in the country. Also a number of Supercars like a Koenigsegggggggg.
- Ryds Bilkyrkogård Kyrkö Mosse | Ryd’s Car cemetary (Road), Ryd
Well this is not really a museum but a bunch of cars that had been left in the forest. They are slowly being reclaimed by nature.
- SAAB Car Museum (Road), Trollhättan
The collections has around 120 cars and approximately 70 of them are on show. The first Saab was the 92001, which is more commonly known as ”Ursaaben” from 1947.
- Smålands Bil-, Musik- och Leksaksmuseum (Road), Rydaholm
Småland’s Car, Music, and Toy Museum”
- Sparreholms Slott | Sparreholm Castle (Road), Sparreholm
The museum shows exclusive cars such as Mercedes 540K, 1936; a Horch 853, 1936; Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost, 1921; Hertel, 1898, and Clement Panhard, 1898.
- Svedinos Bil- & Flygmuseum (Road, Air), Ugglarp
One of the major collections in northern Europe of vintage cars and aircraft. The collection comprises over 100 cars, 40 aircraft, motorcycles, engines etc.
- Teknikland (Road, Air), Östersund
Teknikland is a retro technique world of military history, vehicles and old machinery. Experience the 20th century history.
- Tidaholms museum (Road), Tidaholm
About a 1000 vehicles were built by Tidaholms Bruk between 1903 and 1934. Nine of them are shown in the C-building at the museum.
- Vasa Museum | Vasamuseet (Maritime), Stockholm
The Vasa Museum is one of Scandinavia’s most visited museums. There you will find the unique and well preserved warship Vasa from 1628, embellished with hundreds of wooden sculptures.
- Volvo Museum (Road), Göteborg
This is the official Volvo museum with everything that Volvo has produced. Cars, buses, excavators, boat engines, etc.
- Ådalens Veteranbilsmuseum (Road), Lunde
Small veteran car museum south of Kramfors with about 50 cars, motorcycles, snowmobiles and machines.
- Ängelholms Flygmuseum | Ängelholms flight / aviation museum (Air), Ängelholm
Located in an old hangar at the old Swedish Wing F10. Small museum with planes from the Swedish Air Force.
Swedish Transport Museums ordered by City
- Ängelholm, Ängelholms Flygmuseum | Ängelholms flight / aviation museum (Air)
- Arvika, Arvika Fordonsmuseum (Road)
- Göteborg, Volvo Museum (Road)
- Härnösand, Härnösands bilmuseum (Road)
- Hoting, Ivars Bilmuseum (Road)
- Kisa, Kisa Bilmuseum | Kisa Car Museum (Road)
- Köping, Bil- och Teknikhistoriska Samlingarna (Road)
- Lunde, Ådalens Veteranbilsmuseum (Road)
- Motala, Motala Motormuseum (Road)
- Östersund, Teknikland (Road, Air)
- Ryd, Ryds Bilkyrkogård Kyrkö Mosse | Ryd’s Car cemetary (Road)
- Rydaholm, Smålands Bil-, Musik- och Leksaksmuseum (Road)
- Simrishamn, Autoseum Nisse Nilsson Collection (Road, Air)
- Skurup, Johannamuseet (Road)
- Sparreholm, Sparreholms Slott | Sparreholm Castle (Road)
- Stockholm, Vasa Museum | Vasamuseet (Maritime)
- Tidaholm, Tidaholms museum (Road)
- Trollhättan, SAAB Car Museum (Road)
- Ugglarp, Svedinos Bil- & Flygmuseum (Road, Air)
- Västerås, MC Collection Bike Museum (Road)
- Visby, Gotlands Veteranbilmuseum (Road)