Aviation & Space Museums in Europe
The map below shows just the Aviation & Space Museums and collections in Europe we have in our directory at the moment.
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
46 museums in total.
- Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim, Sinsheim, Germany
HUGE Transport museum, Tupolev Tu-144, Concorde, Me-109, about 60 planes. 300 vintage cars, old Mercedes, Maybachs, Bugattis etc.
- Autoseum Nisse Nilsson Collection, Simrishamn, Sweden
Probably the best museum in southern Sweden with cars and motorcycles from 1898 til today. Stefan “Lill-Lövis” Johansson exhibition.
- Bentwaters Cold War Museum, Woodbridge, United Kingdom
The museum has a growing collection of aircraft representing the “Cold War” era. The museum’s first acquisition was a Meteor D.16. which was purchased in 2005.
- Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar Aviation Museum, Westerham, United Kingdom
The Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar is a restoration facility dedicated to putting Spitfires back in the air. As well as up to 13 Spitfires on site we have a 1940 Hawker Hurricane and Battle of Britain veteran Messerschmitt 109 on view.
- Brooklands Museum, Weybridge, United Kingdom
One of the most significant acquisitions in the museum’s history was Concorde G-BBDG in 2003, and opened to the public in 2006.
- Brussels Air Museum at Royal Museum of the Armed Forces and Military History, Brussels, Belgium
The Air and Space Section has had a fast and very successful development thanks to a few military and civilian airmen and ground crew.
- Centro Storico Fiat, Turin, Italy
Centro Storico Fiat now hosts a collection of automobiles, mementos, models and advertising manifestos by artists spanning the company’s entire history.
- Danmarks Flymuseum | Danish Aircraft Museum, Skjern, Denmark
Main emphasis is on the history of Danish flying and aircraft production, both civil and military, and is in constant development with new exhibitions and planes.
- Dornier Museum, Friedrichshafen, Germany
This museum is dedicated to the genius Claude Dornier’s accomplishments. It preserves and documents the Dornier company’s achievements in aviation and aerospace history in a striking architectural setting.
- Dumfries and Galloway Aviation Museum, Dumfries, United Kingdom
Wellington bomber (HE 746) was on a flight from RAF Wing near Leighton Buzzard when it suffered a failure to one of its Bristol Hercules engines.
- Fleet Air Arm Museum, Ilchester Yeovil, United Kingdom
Today the collection stands at 102 airframes that span the history of naval aviation from 1909 to the present day. The collection also houses Concorde 002.
- Gatwick Aviation Museum, Charlwood, United Kingdom
This Aviation Museum has a unique collection of British aircraft from the “golden age” of British aircraft manufacture. From the end of WWII until the 1970’s
- Jurby Transport Museum | Manx Transport Trust Ltd, Jurby, United Kingdom
The Jurby Transport Museum is housed in a former RAF Bellman Aircraft Hangar. It shows buses, cars, lorries and a steam tractor.
- Kent Battle of Britain Museum, Folkestone, United Kingdom
The hangar contains full sized replicas of Hurricane and Spitfire aircraft that were built for the 1968 film “The Battle of Britain”.
- Lashenden Air Warfare Museum, Headcorn, Ashford, United Kingdom
The Home of the UK’s Fieseler Fi 103R-4 Reichenberg. A collection of “wreckology” items from the Malling Aircraft Archaeologists & a Focke Achgelis Fa 330A-1.
- Museo Nicolis, Villafranca di Verona, Italy
Opened in 2000. “Museum of Cars, Technology and Mechanics” has cars, motorbikes, planes, instruments, cameras, and more.
- Museo Piaggio | Piaggio Museum, Pontedera, Italy
Piaggio Museum opened in 2000 and occupies 3,000 square meters in the former tool-shop. Vespas and Gileras.
- Museu de la Ciència i de la Tècnica de Catalunya, Terrassa, Spain
The National Museum of Science and Technology of Catalonia is the product of the rich and lengthy heritage of scientific and technical innovation and knowledge.
- Museu de Marinha | Maritime Museum, Belém, Lisboa | Lisbon, Portugal
The collection of the Navy Museum has more than 18,000 pieces. Around 2,500 were selected to feature in their permanent exhibition.
- Museum Fichtelberg, Cars Planes and Bikes, Fichtelberg, Germany
A transport museum with exotics automobiles, airplanes, motorcycle, fire engines, and tractors.
- Muzeum Powstania Warszawskiego｜Warsaw Uprising Museum, Warszawa, Poland
The Warsaw Rising Museum was opened on the 60th anniversary of the outbreak of fighting in Warsaw. The Museum is a tribute of Warsaw’s residents to those who fought and died for independent Poland and its free capital.
- National Museum of Flight, East Fortune, United Kingdom
Our newly restored hangars tell the stories of military and civil aviation over the past 100 years, showcasing our world-class collection of aircraft.
- Newark Air Museum, Newark, United Kingdom
the aircraft on display include 13 National Benchmark aircraft; 34 Significant aircraft and 21 Noteworthy aircraft as listed in the N.A.H Register.
- Romney Marsh Wartime Collection, Romney Marsh, United Kingdom
The Romney Marsh Wartime Collection is a unique collection of wartime equipment, remains recovered from aircraft crash sites and memorabilia collected.
- Royal Air Force Museum Cosford, Shifnal, United Kingdom
Over 70 aircraft of international importance are housed in three Wartime Hangars and within the National Cold War Exhibition. See the world’s oldest Spitfire
- Royal Air Force Museum London, London, United Kingdom
With a world-class collection and display of aircraft, integrated with special exhibitions, films, interactives, artwork, engines, missiles, photographs.
- Solway Aviation Museum, Crosby-on-Eden, United Kingdom
At Carlisle Airport, is home to a collection of aircraft, aviation artefacts and displays reflecting Britain’s position as a world leader in aircraft design.
- Svedinos Bil- & Flygmuseum, Ugglarp, Sweden
One of the major collections in northern Europe of vintage cars and aircraft. The collection comprises over 100 cars, 40 aircraft, motorcycles, engines etc.
- Swiss Museum of Transport, Luzern, Switzerland
All types of transport from bicycles to the locomotive the Crocodile. More than 30 historic aircraft. ‘Monteverdi’ car exhibit, large numbers of historic vehicles.
- Tacla Taid – The Anglesey Transport Museum, Newborough, United Kingdom
Tacla Taid, the Anglesey Transport and Agriculture Museum, is the largest of its kind in Wales.
- Tangmere Military Aviation Museum, Tangmere, Chichester, United Kingdom
The Museum is home to an impressive display of historic aircraft and a unique collection of aviation memorabilia stretching from the First World War through to the Cold War.
- Technik Museum Speyer, Speyer, Germany
Largest Space Exhibition in Europe! 600 unique exhibits. Space shuttle BURAN. Also Cars, Bikes, Plains, Fire Engines, Locomotives, and “The Moon” area.
- Teknikland, Östersund, Sweden
Teknikland is a retro technique world of military history, vehicles and old machinery. Experience the 20th century history.
- The de Havilland Aircraft Museum, London Colney, United Kingdom
Aircraft development in 20th century Britain. Many iconic aircraft such as the de Havilland Mosquito – “The Wooden Wonder”, and The Comet.
- The Helicopter Museum, Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Over 80 displayed aircraft. The Queen’s Royal Flight, and the Bell UH-1H ‘Huey’. The Helicopter World Speed Record Holder, Autogyros, & Russian Hind Gunship.
- The Polish Army Museum, Warsaw, Poland
As one of the largest museums in Poland The Polish Army Museum collection currently holds over 250,000 artefacts and is continually expanded.
- The Shuttleworth Collection, Biggleswade, United Kingdom
Based in the aerodrome, the Collection contains some of last airworthy aircraft of their type remaining anywhere in the world.
- The Spitfire & Hurricane Memorial Museum, Ramsgate, United Kingdom
The iconic RAF fighter planes of the Second World War, the Supermarine Spitfire Mk XVI and the Hawker Hurricane IIC, housed under one museum roof.
- The Yorkshire Air Museum, Elvington, United Kingdom
Our huge range of exhibits and collections span almost the entire history of flight. Today we have over 60 historic aircraft and vehicles.
- Trenchard Museum, Aylesbury, United Kingdom
The collection of exhibits has grown to include a myriad of artefacts including complete aircraft, aircraft cockpits, aero engines.
- Ulster Aviation Society, Lisburn, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
The UAS heritage collection currently includes 40+ aircraft, ranging from vintage WWII fighters through Cold War-era fast jets, helicopters, and much more!
- Ulster Folk and Transport Museum, Holywood, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
The Transport Museum displays one of Europe’s largest and transport collections in our permanent galleries. From horse-drawn carriages to Irish built cars.
- Wings Museum, Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
The Wings Museum is housed in a large hanger style building in Brantridge Lane situated between Balcombe & Handcross, Sussex. The museum is approximately 12,000 sq ft.
- Zeppelin Museum Friedrichshafen, Friedrichshafen, Germany
Zeppelin Museum houses the most extensive collection on the history of airship travel. Most famous, the LZ 129 Hindenburg. A Maybach Zeppelin, 1938 is also exhibited.
- Zeppelin- and Garrison Museum Tønder, Tønder, Denmark
During the First World War the German Imperial Navy operated Zeppelin airships from Tønder city.
- Ängelholms Flygmuseum | Ängelholms flight / aviation museum, Ängelholm, Sweden
Located in an old hangar at the old Swedish Wing F10. Small museum with planes from the Swedish Air Force.