Aviation & Space Museums in North America
The map below shows just the Aviation & Space Museums and collections in North America we have in our directory at the moment.
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
53 museums in total.
- 1940 Air Terminal Museum, Houston, Texas (TX), USA
Join us as we relive the rich aviation history of Houston. The museum’s collection of aircraft, from the Lockheed Lodestar to the Hawker business jet.
- Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum, Anchorage, Alaska (AK), USA
Located on the world’s largest seaplane base, Lake Hood, at Anchorage Airport. 4 hangars of exhibits and vintage aircraft, outdoor exhibits, a Control tower, and Flight simulators.
- American Helicopter Museum & Education Center, West Chester, Pennsylvania (PA), USA
We will collect, preserve, research, publish and exhibit the objects, artifacts and documents relating to the origins and development of rotary-wing aircraft
- Bomber Command Museum of Canada, Nanton, Alberta (AB), Canada
The acquisition of aircraft and other artifacts, primarily through private donations, has provided the Society with an impressive collection of displays.
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum, Ottawa, Ontario (ON), USA
Engage with the wonder of flight through its collection. Focuses on aviation in Canada. More than 130 aircraft. Most extensive collection in Canada. Also the fantastic Canadarms.
- Canadian Museum of Flight, Langley, British Columbia (BC), Canada
Visitors can take a chronological walk around the Museum starting with WWI to present day, and can see how large a part Canada has played in aviation history.
- Canadian Transportation Museum & Heritage Village, Kingsville, Ontario (ON), Canada
You will see both original and fully restored hallmark vehicles from the 19th and 20th century, from horse drawn wagons to a 1992 Dodge Viper.
- Cole Land Transportation Museum, Bangor, Maine (ME), USA
Our purpose at the Cole Land Transportation Museum is to collect, preserve, and display a cross section of Maine’s land transportation equipment.
- Cradle of Aviation Museum, Garden City, New York State (NY), USA
This museum has over 75 air and spacecraft from a hot air balloon to an actual Apollo Lunar Module.
- Crawford Auto Aviation Museum, Cleveland, Ohio (OH), USA
Large collection of vehicles especially those built in Ohio. Cars, aircraft, Carriages, artifacts and memorabilia. Over 140 antique automobiles, 10 aircraft, and 3 carriages.
- Eagles Air Museum at Bonanzaville, West Fargo, North Dakota (ND), USA
The Eagles Air Museum have twenty aircraft on display, dating from a 1911 Curtiss Pusher to 1980’s. Part of Cass County Museum.
- Empire State Aerosciences Museum, Glenville, New York State (NY), USA
Dedicated to interpreting aviation, particularly as related to New York State.
- Erickson Aircraft Collection, Madras, Oregon (OR), USA
The Erickson Aircraft Collection is the Pacific Northwest’s premier Flying Collection. The museum features one of the top collection of vintage warbirds.
- Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum, McMinnville, Oregon (OR), USA
Home of the Spruce Goose Hughes H-4 Hercules. With displays ranging from Orville and Wilbur Wright, to an actual Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.
- Glenn H Curtiss Museum, Hammondsport, New York State (NY), USA
The museum also features a 75-seat theater, large open area for special events and a museum store.
- Grissom Air Museum, Peru, Indiana (IN), USA
Historic aircraft from the Cold War era. Learn what it is like to be called an “airmen”. Jump into a cockpit, climb the Tower, and takeoff in our simulator!
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, New York, New York State (NY), USA
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is dedicated to the exhibition and interpretation of history. Examine original artifacts, explore interactive exhibits.
- Kansas Aviation Museum, Wichita, Kansas (KS), USA
The importance of the Kansas Aviation Museum building to the glory days of Kansas aviation cannot be overstated.
- Klairmont Kollections Car Museum, Chicago, Illinois (IL), USA
This magnificent museum consist of over 300 of the most stunning, impressive, and clever vehicles any car enthusiast could hope to see during their lifetime.
- Lyon Air Museum, Santa Ana, California (CA), USA
Lyon Air Museum has authentic aircraft, rare vehicles and related memorabilia, with emphasis on the defining event of the 20th century – World War II.
- Military Aviation Museum, Virginia Beach, Virginia (VA), USA
The Military Aviation Museum is home to one of the largest private collections of World War I and World War II era military aircraft in the world. Most of the planes are airworthy and flown at the museum during flight demonstrations and at air shows throughout the year.
- Miracle Of America Museum, Polson, Montana (MT), USA
18,000 visitors from the entire 50 United States,10 Canadian provinces, & 24 foreign countries. It contains thousands of artifacts.
- Model A Ford Museum at the Gilmore, Hickory Corners, Michigan (MI), USA
The Model A Ford Museum is the largest public museum dedicated to the Model A Ford. This 13,000-square-foot re-creation of a 1928 Ford dealership.
- Museum of Mountain Flying, Missoula, Montana (MT), USA
18,500 square foot hangar. The museum had acquired its C-45 Twin Beech from Northstar Aviation and a year later just by chance located the original DC-3.
- National Museum of the US Air Force, Riverside / Dayton, Ohio (OH), USA
The National Museum of the United States Air Force — the oldest and largest military aviation museum in the world.
- National Museum of Transportation, St. Louis, Missouri (MO), USA
The Museum’s rail and transit collections have grown to encompass more than 190 major exhibits. Our collection is recognized as the largest collection of transportation vehicles in the world.
- National Naval Aviation Museum, Pensacola, Florida (FL), USA
The National Naval Aviation Museum features over 150 beautifully restored aircraft, including rare and one-of-a-kind flying machines such as the NC-4.
- Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum, Rio Grande, New Jersey (NJ), USA
The museum’s centerpiece (a TBM Avenger aircraft), are both listed on the National and State Registers of Historic Places at a level of National Significance.
- New England Air Museum, Windsor Locks, Connecticut (CT), USA
The New England Air Museum’s collection contains over 100 aircraft ranging from early flying machines to supersonic jets. Over 65 aircraft are on display.
- North East Classic Car Museum, Norwich, New York State (NY), USA
Permanent exhibits feature pre-war and post-war vehicles, the world’s largest collection of Franklins, and cars made in New York State.
- Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor, Honolulu, Hawaii (HI), USA
The mission of Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor is to develop and maintain an internationally recognized aviation museumon Ford Island, Hawaii.
- Pima Air & Space Museum, Tucson, Arizona (AZ), USA
The concept for the Pima Air & Space Museum began in 1966 during the celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the creation of the United States Air Force.
- Pioneer Flight Museum, Kingsbury, Texas (TX), USA
The Museum, founded by Roger Freeman, is open today in temporary housing at Old Kingsbury Aerodrome. Soon to have permanent museum building up, we are open!
- Pioneer Village, Minden, Nebraska (NE), USA
20 flying machines, 100 antique tractors. See the world’s oldest Buick, a 1902 Cadillac and a 1903 Ford, plus 350 other antique cars.
- Reynolds-Alberta Museum, Wetaskiwin, Alberta (AB), Canada
The Reynolds-Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin, Alberta, interprets the impact of technological change in transportation, aviation, agriculture 1890s.
- Shearwater Aviation Museum, Shearwater, Nova Scotia (NS), Canada
The museum acquires, conserves, organizes and researches the history of Canadian Maritime Military Aviation.
- Southern Museum of Flight, Birmingham, Alabama (AL), USA
It is one of the largest aviation museums in the Southeast. The 75,000 square foot facility houses over 100 aircraft, as well as engines, and artifacts.
- Texas Air & Space Museum, Amarillo, Texas (TX), USA
An excellent Museum with artefacts from aviation history, and many complete aircraft and helicopters. Situated on large ground with fun for all the family.
- Texas Air Museum, San Antonio, Texas (TX), USA
Focused in the area of vintage aircraft from around World War II, and the Pacific and European theaters of that conflict. Detailing the “golden-age” of aviation.
- The Cavanaugh Flight Museum, Addison, Texas (TX), USA
The Cavanaugh Flight Museum aircraft collection is one of the finest in the world. Most aircraft fly regularly and are seen at air shows round the country.
- The Collings Foundation, Stow, Massachusetts (MA), USA
Focused on preserving military aircraft which they show all around the US, but an excellent collection of passenger and racing cars as well. Open to the public during events only a few times per year.
- The Connecticut Air And Space Center, Stratford, Connecticut (CT), USA
This museum is currently restoring several aircraft, including Sikorsky Memorial FG1-D Corsair and Sikorsky S60.
- The Henry Ford Museum, Dearborn, Michigan (MI), USA
Step into a world where past innovations fuel the imagination of generations to come. A vibrant exploration of genius in all its forms.
- The National Museum of World War II Aviation, Colorado Springs, Colorado (CO), USA
The National Museum of World War II Aviation documents the role that military aviation played in the emergence of our nation as a world power during WWII.
- The Owls Head Transportation Museum, Owls Head, Maine (ME), USA
The Owls Head Transportation Museum is a place where machines of a bygone era are celebrated through conservation, preservation and demonstration.
- Tillamook Air Museum, Tillamook, Oregon (OR), USA
Now an Air Museum, with Aircraft, Helicopters, Trucks and Fire Truck. Exhibits large and small, including an engine & Helium room.
- Tulsa Air and Space Museum & Planetarium, Tulsa, Oklahoma (OK), USA
More than half a million visitors have enjoyed TASM’s historical exhibits, hands-on science exhibits, computer flight simulator lab, and full-dome planetarium shows.
- United States Army Aviation Museum, Fort Rucker, Alabama (AL), USA
The U.S. Army Aviation Museum maintains a collection of over 160 military aircraft, and has one of the largest collections of military helicopters in the world.
- Volo Auto Museum, Volo, Illinois (IL), USA
The Volo Auto Museum is an all-day, 35-acre, destination the entire family can enjoy, even for those who aren’t car lovers. 400-car collection that features special interest cars from the 1900’s and up
- Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum – WAAAM, Hood River, Oregon (OR), USA
An Aviation, Auto, and Transport museum in Hood River, Oregon.
- Western Museum of Flight, Torrance, California (CA), USA
One of the most interesting planes they have is the YF-23A “Black Widow II” PAV-2.
- Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum, Denver, Colorado (CO), USA
Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum includes more than 182,000 square feet of hangar space and 50 iconic aircraft dating from 1939 to 1990.
- Yukon Transportation Museum, Whitehorse, Yukon (YT), Canada
This museum brings Yukon transportation history to life.