Transport Museums in Portugal
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
Or directly select the type of museum you wish to visit, by using the drop-down menu below.
There are also alphabetical lists below the Map.
Portuguese museums in alphabetical order
- Museu de Marinha | Maritime Museum (Air, Maritime), Belém, Lisboa | Lisbon
The collection of the Navy Museum has more than 18,000 pieces. Around 2,500 were selected to feature in their permanent exhibition.
- Museu do Automóvel (Road), Ribeirão
Not much facts on the home page. Get in contact with them, before visiting.
- Museu do Caramulo (Road), Caramulo
This car museum has a collection of cars going from a Benz Dreirad from 1886 to a Ginetta-Zytek GZ09S/2 race car from 2009.
- Museu dos Transportes e Comunicações | Museum of Transport and Communications (Road), Porto
The museum collection The Motor of the Republic came about as a result of a challenge issued by the Museum of Transport and Communications to the Museum of the Presidency of the Republic.
Portuguese museums ordered by City
- Belém, Lisboa | Lisbon, Museu de Marinha | Maritime Museum (Air, Maritime)
- Caramulo, Museu do Caramulo (Road)
- Porto, Museu dos Transportes e Comunicações | Museum of Transport and Communications (Road)
- Ribeirão, Museu do Automóvel (Road)