Car & Automotive Museums with Prewar (Oldtimer) Cars
The map below shows just the Museums with Prewar Car exhibits we have in our directory at the moment.
This means Museums with cars from before World War II, or older than 1942.
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
196 museums in total.
Prewar Car Museums in alphabetical order
- AACA Museum, North America, Hershey, Pennsylvania (PA), USA
The AACA Museum is dedicated to the preservation and presentation of motor vehicle history that provides education and entertainment of their guests.
- Alfa Heaven Motorama Auto Museum, North America, Aniwa, Wisconsin (WI), USA
Over 400 vehicles from around the world. The loft of The Bike Barn has over 200 old motorcycles. The Main Museum has over 100 vehicles on 2 levels.
- America’s Car Museum LeMay at Marymount, North America, Tacoma, Washington (WA), USA
This Collection consists of 250 automobiles spanning over 100 years, plus about another 100 vehicles on exhibit loan.
- Antique Car Museum of Iowa, North America, Coralville, Iowa (IA), USA
There is always a selection of 80 to 90+ cars on display at the Antique Car Museum of Iowa and our selection is constantly changing.
- Arvika Fordonsmuseum, Europe, Arvika, Sweden
Over 100 vehicles, constantly rotated. Stanley Steamer, 1924; Mercedes 370 S Cab, 1931; Humber, 1903. Bikes like HVA, Douglas, Indian, Bultaco, and Norton.
- Aston Martin Heritage Trust, Europe, Wallingford, United Kingdom
The official archive for Aston Martin Lagonda Ltd. and the Aston Martin Owners Club. They have a very significant and growing collection of original Aston Martins.
- Atwell-Wilson Motor Museum, Europe, Calne, United Kingdom
The majority of our exhibits are cars from the 1920’s onwards. We also have a collection of motorcycles, mopeds and bicycles.
- Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum, North America, Auburn, Indiana (IN), USA
The Auburn Cord Duesenberg Automobile Museum offers over 120 cars on exhibit on three levels, with nine automotive themed galleries.
- Audrain Auto Museum, North America, Newport, Rhode Island (RI), USA
Audrain Building was completely renovated in 2014 to house some of the rarest cars on earth, it now serves as a fine example of historic resurgence.
- August Horch Museum, Europe, Zwickau, Germany
On the ground of the former Audi factory, at the origin of great automotive history, you find the August Horch Museum.
- Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim, Europe, Sinsheim, Germany
HUGE Transport museum, Tupolev Tu-144, Concorde, Me-109, about 60 planes. 300 vintage cars, old Mercedes, Maybachs, Bugattis etc.
- Auto World Museum, North America, Fulton, Missouri (MO), USA
The Auto World Museum displays some of the most memorable automobiles known, not only vintage cars but some of the more modern classic cars as well.
- Automobile Club of Argentina Museum, South America, Buenos Aires, Argentina
Daimler 1892 and Ferrari 166 used by Fangio, or a tandem two-seater Wanderer, an electric Krieger from 1898, a Mors 1899, or a Yruam?
- Automobile Driving Museum, North America, El Segundo, California (CA), USA
The Automobile Driving Museum’s mission is to collect, preserve, exhibit and ride in historic vehicles. 130+ Vintage, Antique and Muscle Autos.
- Automuseum Adlkofen, Europe, Adlkofen, Germany
Adlkofen vehicle museum has been constantly expanded since the beginning in 1980. It has currently 72 four-wheeled exhibits, 120 two-wheelers and 250 individual engines.
- Automuseum Melle | Car Museum, Europe, Melle, Germany
It presents “History on Wheels” in industrial palace of furniture factory Melchersmann. A museum with over 200 cars on a rotating display.
- Automuseum Prototyp, Europe, Hamburg, Germany
Automuseum Prototyp shows rare sports and racing cars from 70 years of automotive history. Porsche ancestor Type 64 from 1939; Porsche 597 “Jagdwagen”,1958
- Autoseum Nisse Nilsson Collection, Europe, Simrishamn, Sweden
Probably the best museum in southern Sweden with cars and motorcycles from 1898 til today. Stefan “Lill-Lövis” Johansson exhibition.
- Autoworld, Europe, Brussels, Belgium
They have around 1000 cars of which a “smaller” part is displayed at Autoworld Brussels. They also display a lot of motorbikes.
- Beijing Classic Car Museum, Asia, Yang Song Town, Huairou District, Beijing, China
Over 200 classic cars from China’s history, including some that were banned for looking too Western, and some that were made especially for government officials.
- Bentley Motor Museum, Europe, Halland, United Kingdom
Bentley Motor Museum contains a unique collection of cars, motorcycles cycles and vehicles, which span over 100 years of road transport history.
- Bil- och Teknikhistoriska Samlingarna, Europe, Köping, Sweden
Legendary marques, such as Bugatti, Voisin, Panhard-Levassor and classics from Cadillac and Bentley. Large number of motorcycles and automobilia. A Volvo ÖV4 from 1927 in a workshop.
- Blackhawk Museums, North America, Danville, California (CA), USA
The Automotive Gallery has almost 50 historically significant vehicles with some really rare ones.
- BMW Museum, Europe, München, Germany
This museum shows the history of the BMW brand.
- Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles, North America, Boyertown, Pennsylvania (PA), USA
The main gallery of the Boyertown Museum is in the former main factory. Boyertown used to manufacture truck bodies for commercial and government use.
- Branson Auto and farm museum, North America, Branson, Missouri (MO), USA
The Branson Auto and Farm Museum features over 100 cool cars and tractors and many of them are for sale. 90,000 square foot building.
- Brij Maharaj Auto Museum, Middle America, San Fernando, Trinidad, Trinidad and Tobago
A small car and bike museum in San Fernando. They have Cars, Motorcycles and Scooters at display.
- British Motor Museum, Europe, Gaydon Warwick, United Kingdom
The British Motor Museum is home to the world’s largest collection of historic British Cars.
- British Transportation Museum, North America, Dayton, Ohio (OH), USA
An ever-growing eclectic collection of vehicles (currently 49 plus loaners), 15 bicycles, a Currach boat, and Fergusion tractor in an 83,000 sq. ft. building.
- Brooklands Museum, Europe, Weybridge, United Kingdom
One of the most significant acquisitions in the museum’s history was Concorde G-BBDG in 2003, and opened to the public in 2006.
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum, North America, Buffalo, New York State (NY), USA
The collection of historic automobiles, bicycles, Pierce-Arrow memorabilia and documents is unlike any other in the world.
- Cadillac – LaSalle Club Museum and Research Center at the Gilmore, North America, Hickory Corners, Michigan (MI), USA
The Cadillac-LaSalle Club Museum and Research Center houses the organization’s collection of automobiles display engines, and artifacts.
- Cadillac Museum, Europe, Keszthely, Hungary
Museum dedicated luxury car Cadillac. One of the cars can be seen in a Godfather movie. Cars from 1905 to 1993.
- California Automobile Museum, North America, Sacramento, California (CA), USA
A large museum with Cars and Motorcycles. Usually on display: 1900 Locomobile Steam, Ford: 1904 C Runabout and Model B Touring, 1906 Model K Touring; 1909 CarterCar
- California Route 66 Museum, North America, Victorville, California (CA), USA
California Route 66 Museum is about the U.S. Highway 66. It shows the cultural influences since 1926; and impacting effects is had on architecture, arts, and commerce.
- Campe’s Motor Museum, Australasia, Hamilton, Victoria (VIC), Australia
Selection of cars, busses and memorabilia including a Stutz 1929, Ansett Clipper Bus 1955, and Citroën 1933. The Museum is open for visitors by appointment.
- Canadian Automotive Museum, North America, Oshawa, Ontario (ON), Canada
Largest collection of Canadian cars in the world. Largest Canadian collection of Rolls-Royces.
- Canadian Transportation Museum & Heritage Village, North America, Kingsville, Ontario (ON), Canada
You will see both original and fully restored hallmark vehicles from the 19th and 20th century, from horse drawn wagons to a 1992 Dodge Viper.
- Canton Classic Car Museum, North America, Canton, Ohio (OH), USA
From a 1901 curved-dash Oldsmobile to a 1970 Plymouth Super Bird. We have such American icons as the 1966 Ford Mustang, and a 1911 Model T Ford.
- Centro Storico Fiat, Europe, Turin, Italy
Centro Storico Fiat now hosts a collection of automobiles, mementos, models and advertising manifestos by artists spanning the company’s entire history.
- Charlie’s Auto Museum, Australasia, Arthurs Seat, Victoria (VIC), Australia
This is a unique collection of over 80 motor vehicles. There are also motorcycles, petrol bowsers, thousands of model cars and memorabilia spanning over 100 years.
- Cité de l’Automobile, Schlumpf Collection, Europe, Mulhouse, France
This is said to be the largest Car Museum in the World. They have almost 520 cars of which 400 are shown at any one time.
- Classic Car Club of America Museum at the Gilmore, North America, Hickory Corners, Michigan (MI), USA
The Classic Car Club of America’s Museum was dedicated in 1987, when its Thomas W. Barrett Barn was opened to the public.
- Classic Motoring Association of Syracuse “Motorismo d’Epoca”, Europe, Syracuse, Italy
Cars from the 1920s to the 1980s, some custom built models from 1935/1940 and sports cars such as Formula 1.
- Classics Museum, Australasia, Dinsdale, Hamilton, New Zealand
Over 100 classic cars, but not just cars. Our collection encompasses a range of interests including an extensive collection of petrol memorabilia.
- Col·lecció d’Automòbils Salvador Claret, Europe, Sils Girona, Spain
Ford Model T, Rolls Royce, Salmson and Fiat.
- Cotswold Motoring Museum & Toy Collection, Europe, Bourton-on-the-Water, United Kingdom
The Motoring Museum is overflowing with vintage car collections, classic cars and motorcycles, caravans, and a collection of motoring curiosities.
- Coventry Transport Museum, Europe, Coventry, United Kingdom
Coventry Transport Museum houses the largest publicly owned collection of British vehicles in the world.
- Crawford Auto Aviation Museum, North America, Cleveland, Ohio (OH), USA
Large collection of vehicles especially those built in Ohio. Cars, aircraft, Carriages, artifacts and memorabilia. Over 140 antique automobiles, 10 aircraft, and 3 carriages.
- Cyprus Historic and Classic Motor Museum, Europe, Limassol, Cyprus
Opened in 2014 and is the only car museum in Cyprus. Located on the outskirts of Limassol, the museum has around 60 vehicles, mostly classic and modern cars.
- Deer Park Winery & Auto Museum, North America, Escondido, California (CA), USA
Supposed to be the largest collection in the world of Convertible cars! Amphicar, Benz, Crofton, Crosley, Franklin, Messerschmitt, Muntz, and more.
- Deutsches Museum Verkehrszentrum, Europe, Munich | München, Germany
In exhibition spaces covering a total of 12,000 square metres, you can experience 275 historical trains, cars, motorcycles, bicycles and coaches.
- Dick’s Classic Car Garage Museum, North America, San Marcos, Texas (TX), USA
80 classic vehicles from 1901 to 1959. Cars like 1918 Milburn Electric, 1919 Lone Star, 1929 Auburn, Cord, and Duesenberg.
- Dornier Museum, Europe, Friedrichshafen, Germany
This museum is dedicated to the genius Claude Dornier’s accomplishments. It preserves and documents the Dornier company’s achievements in aviation and aerospace history in a striking architectural setting.
- Dover Transport Museum, Europe, Whitfield, Dover, United Kingdom
Historic Vehicles, Vintage Garage & Motorcycle Shop, Dover Car Ferry & Train Ferry Memorabilia
- Dundee Museum of Transport, Europe, Dundee, United Kingdom
Local transport pioneers & innovators. Tram network, railway and marine history. Cars, commercial vehicles, buses. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
- EFA Automobilmuseum, Europe, Amerang, Germany
More than 220 German car legends of all brands. From the first Benz, the grandiose creations of the 20’s and 30’s, the cute little cars of the 50’s, to the fast-paced modern cars.
- Elmer’s Auto & Toy Museum, North America, Fountain City, Wisconsin (WI), USA
Come see over 100 muscle, antique, classic cars and trucks, as well as hundreds of pedal cars, dolls and thousands of antique toys and tools.
- Emirates National Auto Museum, Asia, South of Abu Dhabi, Hamim Road, Off E11, Al Dhafra, United Arab Emirates
Website seems to be unfinished. Not much info. Some videos on this Youtube channel: Tarik Benaouisse
- Eugene Dahl Car Museum at Bonanzaville, North America, West Fargo, North Dakota (ND), USA
This building houses a collection of over sixty vehicles from the early 1900’s of automobiles to more modern vehicles. Part of Cass County Museum.
- Fahrzeugmuseum Streicher, Europe, Lalling, Germany
“A museum for people with petrol in the blood” Almost 100 classic cars and over 200 motorcycles.
- Ferdinand Porsche Erlebniswelt fahr(T)raum, Europe, Mattsee, Austria
Fantastic museum near Salzburg in Austria. Old cars, mainly Austro Daimler, that Ferdinand Porsche was involved in.
- Fondation Hervé, Europe, Aigle, Switzerland
The collection of classic cars includes cars presenting a particular technical interest or a coachwork of a striking elegance, representing car manufacturing from the 1920’s to our days.
- Ford Piquette Avenue Plant, North America, Detroit, Michigan (MI), USA
In 2000, The Henry Ford Heritage Association and others purchased the building and opened up this museum. It attracts visitors from around the world.
- Fountainhead Antique Auto Museum, North America, Fairbanks, Alaska (AK), USA
80+ vehicles, steamers, electric cars, 30s classics. Top cars: 1898 Hay Motor Vehicle, 1906 Compound, 1920 Argonne, 1921 Heine-Velox Victoria
- Gateway Canyons Automobile Museum, North America, Gateway, Colorado (CO), USA
The Gateway Colorado Automobile Museum tells the engaging story of automotive history and the revolution in personal transportation. More than 50 cars.
- Geelong Museum of Motoring + Industry – GMOM, Australasia, Hamlyn Heights, Victoria (VIC), Australia
Collection of motor vehicles that pays tribute to the industry and manufacturing heritage of Geelong. It all started with the Ford Discovery Centre collection.
- Gilmore Car Museum, North America, Hickory Corners, Michigan (MI), USA
The Gilmore Car Museum started in the early 1960s when Donald S. Gilmore began collecting vintage automobiles.
- Gippsland Vehicle Collection, Australasia, Maffra, Victoria (VIC), Australia
The museum has more than 160 special cars, motorbikes, machinery, historic vehicles and auto memorabilia on display.
- Glenn H Curtiss Museum, North America, Hammondsport, New York State (NY), USA
The museum also features a 75-seat theater, large open area for special events and a museum store.
- Gotlands Veteranbilmuseum, Europe, Visby, Sweden
Cars (1907-1970) from Rolls-Royce to electrical. Bikes from 1901-1980s. Bicycles, Tractors and other memorabilia.
- Havana Old Car Museum | Museo del Automóvil, Middle America, La Habana, Cuba
We know almost nothing about this museum, please help us if you have been here!
- Haynes International Motor Museum, Europe, Yeovil, United Kingdom
The Haynes International Motor Museum is the UK’s largest collection of the greatest cars from around the world with over 400 amazing cars and bikes.
- Hellenic Motor Museum, Europe, Athens, Greece
Private museum showing 111 vehicles, out of the almost 300. Avion Voisin, Adler, Allard, Packard, Facel Vega, Delage, Delahaye and more.
- Heritage Museums and Gardens, North America, Sandwich, Massachusetts (MA), USA
Heritage’s antique automobile collection features 40 American-made cars, ranging from 1899 through 1962.
- Hostetler’s Hudson Auto Museum, North America, Shipshewana, Indiana (IN), USA
The Hostetler’s Hudson Auto Museum has grown to include the largest collection of Hudson automobiles in the world. Including the Hudson, Essex, & Terraplane.
- Härnösands bilmuseum, Europe, Härnösand, Sweden
One of the largest museums in Sweden with over 200 cars.
- Isle of Man Motor Museum, Europe, Jurby, United Kingdom
Several historically significant vehicles including a 1953 Humber Super Snipe tourer built for and used by Queen Elizabeth II. Over 200 motorcycles.
- Ivars Bilmuseum, Europe, Hoting, Sweden
Some really nice old cars like Renault, 1909; Commonwealth, 1919; Orient Buckboard, 1906; Ford Model T Landaulette, 1919.
- Jerry’s Classic Cars & Collectibles Museum, North America, Pottsville, Pennsylvania (PA), USA
At Jerry’s Classic Cars & Collectibles museum, you will take a journey back in time to the 1950s and leave with an unforgettable experience.
- Jesada Technik Museum, Asia, Nakhon Pathom, W Bangkok, Thailand
Unique museum displaying a large array of vintage vehicles, including cars, busus, tuk-tuks, motorbikes & planes.
- Johannamuseet, Europe, Skurup, Sweden
Johanna Museum has vintage cars, motorbikes, musical instruments, toys. Oldest Swedish car, a Cederholm from 1894.
- Kansas City Auto Museum, North America, Olathe, Kansas (KS), USA
The Kansas City Automotive Museum showcases some of Kansas City’s rich automotive history.
- Kilgarvan Motor Museum, Europe, Slaheny / Kilgarvan, Ireland
Family run museum where can browse at your ease. Visit and have a cup of coffee or tea, while you drool over the motors and the motorabilia.
- Klairmont Kollections Car Museum, North America, Chicago, Illinois (IL), USA
This magnificent museum consist of over 300 of the most stunning, impressive, and clever vehicles any car enthusiast could hope to see during their lifetime.
- Klassikstadt Car | Auto Museum, Europe, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
On more than 16,000 square meters over 350 vehicles of various eras, almost 100 parking spaces in the glass pit lane and 35 workshops.
- Kokomo Automotive Museum, North America, Kokomo, Indiana (IN), USA
The Kokomo Automotive Museum is the culmination of the long term dream of the Pioneer Auto Club. The Club, worked to preserve collector cars of all types.
- Koller’s Oldtimermuseum, Europe, Kleinwetzdorf, Austria
About 70 cars from the last 120 years of car history. 1886 to modern brands, Porsche, Ferrari, Jaguar. Rare ones: Bugatti, Hispano Suiza and Packard. Bicycles, motorbikes and tractors.
- Lane Motor Museum, North America, Nashville, Tennessee (TN), USA
This museum is specialising in European cars. Features 150 unique cars and motorcycles, largest European collection in the U.S. Vehicles from 1920s til today.
- Larz Anderson Auto Museum, North America, Brookline, Massachusetts (MA), USA
Larz Anderson Auto Museum is located in the Anderson Carriage House in Brookline, Massachusetts and has the oldest collection of motorcars in the USA.
- Lillehammer Car museum – CLOSED, Europe, Lillehammer, Norway
This museum is unfortunately closed. The many really rare cars are now moved to Norsk Vegmuseum.
- Llangollen Motor Museum, Europe, Llangollen, Wales, United Kingdom
The collection includes a model “T” Ford, a Vauxhall 14/40, several Austins and Citroens. The Norton, the Triumph, the Ariel, the Sunbeam and the B.S.A. An experience not to be missed.
- Louwman Museum, Europe, Haag, Netherlands
The world’s oldest private collection of motor cars. Over 250 amazing cars. It’s considered one of the most beautiful auto museums in the World.
- Luray Caverns Car and Carriage Caravan Museum, North America, Luray, Virginia (VA), USA
1892 Mercedes-Benz, one of the oldest cars in the country still in operating condition. Check out the precursor to the Chevy Volt, the 1908 Baker Electric.
- Lyon Air Museum, North America, Santa Ana, California (CA), USA
Lyon Air Museum has authentic aircraft, rare vehicles and related memorabilia, with emphasis on the defining event of the 20th century – World War II.
- Malamut Auto Museums Foundation, North America, Thousand Oaks, California (CA), USA
The Mike Malamut Museum is a private auto collection and is not open to the public. Visits can be arranged for car clubs, charity events, or by appointment.
- Marconi Automotive Museum, North America, Tustin, California (CA), USA
The museum was founded by Dick Marconi and opened to the public in 1994. About 80 cars and motorcycles.
- Memory Lane Motorsports and Historical Automotive Museum, North America, Mooresville, North Carolina (NC), USA
150 vehicles and related items. Over 15 different types of race cars. Collection of pedal cars, motorcycles, tractors.
- Mercedes-Benz Museum, Europe, Stuttgart, Germany
Museum presents 160 vehicles and over 1,500 exhibits. Even the building it self is well worth a visit.
- Merks Motor Museum, Europe, Nürnberg, Germany
This museum shows 84 cars and 20 motorcycles.
- Miles Through Time, North America, Toccoa, Georgia (GA), USA
Miles through time opens 14,000 sq ft of a car lover’s dream. But there’s a twist in the Miles Through Time experience. It’s not your usual car museum.
- Miracle Of America Museum, North America, Polson, Montana (MT), USA
18,000 visitors from the entire 50 United States,10 Canadian provinces, & 24 foreign countries. It contains thousands of artifacts.
- Model A Ford Museum at the Gilmore, North America, Hickory Corners, Michigan (MI), USA
The Model A Ford Museum is the largest public museum dedicated to the Model A Ford. This 13,000-square-foot re-creation of a 1928 Ford dealership.
- Motala Motormuseum, Europe, Motala, Sweden
One of the largest Rolls-Royce collections in the country. Also a number of Supercars like a Koenigsegggggggg.
- Motorcar Museum of Japan, Asia, Futatsunashimachi, Komatsu-shi, Japan
The building looks incredible, with two floors of vehicles, ranging from Classics, to Modern. Looks like it is well worth a visit for any enthusiast.
- Motte Historical Museum, North America, Menifee, California (CA), USA
We can’t find any information about ticket prices. Some of the cars and bikes on display: 1910 Ford T Speedster 1910 Harley Davidson Board Track Racer 1924 Model T School Bus 1926 Chevrolet Touring Car 1928 Packard 443 1931 Cadillac 1935 Auburn Boat Ta…
- Mullin Automotive Museum, North America, Oxnard, California (CA), USA
Amazing museum with mostly vintage cars. Open only on scheduled Saturdays.
- Murphy Auto Museum, North America, Oxnard, California (CA), USA
Murphy Auto Museum has over 90 beautiful vintage automobiles on display. Cars rotate on a continuous basis, keeping the collection fresh and interesting.
- Musée Automobile de Vendée, Europe, Talmont-Saint-Hilaire, France
4 cars from 1898: Decauville Vis à Vis, Peugeot, Tricar Leon Bollee, and Victoria par Belvalette. Oldest car from 1885, a steam-driven Dion Bouton.
- Museo De Historia De La Automoción De Salamanca, Europe, Salamanca, Spain
The Salamanca Motor Museum was opened to the public on the 1st of October 2002, as an exhibition, research and reference centre that includes every aspect of automobile history.
- Museo Dell’Automobile “Luigi Bonfanti”, Europe, Romano d'Ezzelino, Italy
It is the only Museum in Europe to employ an exhibition formula unique and most original, an endless series of monothematic exhibits.
- Museo dell’Automobile di Torino | Turin Car Museum, Europe, Metropolitan City of Turin, Italy
The National Automobile Museum was set up in 1932, based on the idea of two pioneers of Italian motoring, Cesare Goria Gatti and Roberto Biscaretti di Ruffia.
- Museo Juan Manuel Fangio (Museum), South America, Balcarce, Provincia de Buenos Aires, Argentina
Excellent list of Vehicles, and a serious racing history. From a Ford “A” 1929 (de Bianculli) to a 1958 Maserati 450 S, and over 35 in between.
- Museo Nicolis, Europe, Villafranca di Verona, Italy
Opened in 2000. “Museum of Cars, Technology and Mechanics” has cars, motorbikes, planes, instruments, cameras, and more.
- Museu de l’Automoció Roda Roda, Europe, Lleida, Spain
Lleida Automotive Museum presents an extensive collection of cars, motorcycles, motors and scale reproductions.
- Museu de la Ciència i de la Tècnica de Catalunya, Europe, Terrassa, Spain
The National Museum of Science and Technology of Catalonia is the product of the rich and lengthy heritage of scientific and technical innovation and knowledge.
- Museu do Automóvel, Europe, Ribeirão, Portugal
Not much facts on the home page. Get in contact with them, before visiting.
- Museu do Caramulo, Europe, Caramulo, Portugal
This car museum has a collection of cars going from a Benz Dreirad from 1886 to a Ginetta-Zytek GZ09S/2 race car from 2009.
- Museu Nacional de l’Automòbil, Europe, Encamp, Andorra
National Automobile Museum Andorra has vehicles from a steam car such as the Pinette (1885), up to the the 70’s. Around 80 vehicles.
- Museum Fichtelberg, Cars Planes and Bikes, Europe, Fichtelberg, Germany
A transport museum with exotics automobiles, airplanes, motorcycle, fire engines, and tractors.
- Museum for historical Maybach cars | Museum für historische Maybach-Fahrzeuge, Europe, Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz, Germany
Almost 20 historical Maybach-cars in chronological order.
- Museum of Alaska Transportation & Industry, MATI, North America, Wasilla, Alaska (AK), USA
MATI was established to give a home to the transportation and industrial remnants and to tell the stories of the people and the machines that opened Alaska to exploration and growth.
- Museum of American Speed, North America, Lincoln, Nebraska (NE), USA
Speedway Motors Museum of American Speed is dedicated to preserving, interpreting and displaying physical items significant in racing & automotive history.
- Museum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT), Australasia, Western Springs, New Zealand
Auckland’s Museum of Transport and Technology, is New Zealand’s largest transport, technology and social history museum. Spread across 40 acres.
- Nasu Classic Car Museum, Asia, Nasu, Japan
Website in Japanese only, apart from the menu. An incredible collection including: 1901 De Dion Bouton, 1930 MG – EX120, 1933 Rolls Royce 2025 Sports Saloon
- National Automobile Museum (Harrah Collection), North America, Reno, Nevada (NV), USA
More than 200 eye-popping cars. Considered by Autoweek as one of 5 best museums in the US. Top ten Transportation Museums in US, USA Today 2016.
- National Automobile Museum of Tasmania, Australasia, Launceston, Tasmania (TAS), Australia
The museum comes alive with four theme displays each year as well as changing exhibits in the main hall and a mezzanine floor packed with motorcycles.
- National Motor Museum, Australasia, Birdwood, South Australia (SA), Australia
Since 1965 millions of people have enjoyed discovering their motoring heritage at the National Motor Museum, Birdwood, South Australia.
- National Motor Museum Trust, Europe, Brockenhurst, United Kingdom
The National Motor Museum Trust is a charitable organisation dedicated to preserving and promoting motoring history.
- National Packard Museum, North America, Warren, Ohio (OH), USA
The National Packard Museum’s Mission is to preserve the Packard Legacy and recognize Packard’s influence in transportation and industrial history.
- New Mexico Route 66 Museum, North America, Tucumcari, New Mexico (NM), USA
Offers a unique look into New Mexico’s Route 66 heritage. Cars include two Ford Model A, 1937 Studebaker President, Mercury Montclair, and more.
- Norsk Vegmuseum, Europe, Fåberg, Norway
Replaced the old Norsk Kjøretøyhistorisk Museum in Lillehammer. It’s located a little bit further north.
- North East Classic Car Museum, North America, Norwich, New York State (NY), USA
Permanent exhibits feature pre-war and post-war vehicles, the world’s largest collection of Franklins, and cars made in New York State.
- Old Timer Museum, Europe, Lo-Reninge, Belgium
Belgian Cars such as Excelsior, 1911; Fabrique Nationale (FN), 1924; Minerva, 1930 and Imperia, 1937. A Decauville 1899 and other cars. Old Belgium bikes. Militaria.
- Oulun Automuseon / Oulu Automobile Museum, Europe, Oulu, Finland
More than 50 veteran cars and motorcycles. The oldest automobiles date from around 1910.
- Packard Motor Museum, Australasia, Maungatapere, Whangarei, New Zealand
The collection encompasses vehicles, machinery and memorabilia from the 19th and 20th centuries including the 1873 Dubs A62 steam engine.
- Panini Motor Museum, Europe, Modena, Italy
The Museum Collection has been gradually improved, thanks to the restoration of some cars, and enriched even further with the famous Maserati 6 CM from 1936
- Petersen Automotive Museum, North America, Los Angeles, California (CA), USA
This amazingly looking museum was named US museum of the year in 2016.
- Pierce-Arrow Museum at the Gilmore, North America, Hickory Corners, Michigan (MI), USA
For 38 years Pierce-Arrow was once one of the most-recognized and most-respected names in the automobile industry. Finest luxury automobiles.
- Pioneer Auto Show, North America, Murdo, South Dakota (SD), USA
Pioneer Auto Show opened in 1954. They have over 275 cars, 60 motorcycles, and 60 tractors on display.
- Pioneer Village, North America, Minden, Nebraska (NE), USA
20 flying machines, 100 antique tractors. See the world’s oldest Buick, a 1902 Cadillac and a 1903 Ford, plus 350 other antique cars.
- Portland Powerhouse Motor and Car Museum, Australasia, Portland, Victoria (VIC), Australia
It features veteran, vintage and classic cars, motorcycles, stationary engines, signs, models, a 1920s Cable Tram, tractors, motoring memorabilia.
- Powell County Museum & Arts Foundation, North America, Deer Lodge, Montana (MT), USA
Over 150 cars are on display from classic Chevys and muscle cars to a Schacht high wheeler and a 1915 Trumbull Cycle Car. Top 10 Car Museums in the country
- R.E. Olds Transportation Museum, North America, Lansing, Michigan (MI), USA
The Museum exhibits a significant collection of automobiles, engines, and other materials significant to the transportation history of Lansing.
- Reynolds-Alberta Museum, North America, Wetaskiwin, Alberta (AB), Canada
The Reynolds-Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin, Alberta, interprets the impact of technological change in transportation, aviation, agriculture 1890s.
- Rīgas Motormuzejs | Riga Car Museum, Europe, Rīga, Latvia
The design project envisages the creation of an entirely new innovative Riga Motor Museum exposition with interactive and multimedia solutions.
- Riverside Museum, Europe, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Award-winning Transport Museum, over 3,000 objects on display. Locomotives, tram, bus, cars and motorbikes.
- Rolls-Royce Automobilmuseum Franz Ferdinand Vonier, Europe, Dornbirn, Austria
World’s largest Rolls-Royce museum, a must see Car Museum!
- Rolls-Royce Foundation, North America, Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania (PA), USA
The Rolls-Royce Foundation is an independent, non-profit, charitable organization dedicated to the preservation of Rolls-Royce and Bentley Motorcars.
- Rolls-Royce museum “the World’s finest”, Europe, Dornbirn, Austria
A small but very exclusive museum with only coach-built Rolls-Royce and one Bentley cars.
- Romney Marsh Wartime Collection, Europe, Romney Marsh, United Kingdom
The Romney Marsh Wartime Collection is a unique collection of wartime equipment, remains recovered from aircraft crash sites and memorabilia collected.
- Route 66 Car Museum, North America, Springfield, Missouri (MO), USA
Nearly 80 cars, from early brass cars to vehicles like Gotham Roadster. Seven Jaguars, two Rolls Royces, 1936 Horch, 1933 Auburn 12, 1926 Kissel.
- San Diego Automotive Museum, North America, San Diego, California (CA), USA
Car museum in San Diego with a collection of cars and motorcycles that highlight automotive culture throughout history.
- Saratoga Automobile Museum, North America, Saratoga Springs, New York State (NY), USA
We celebrate the automobile and educate the general public, students and enthusiasts.
- Shanghai Auto Museum, Asia, Jiading Qu, Shanghai Shi, China
The museum boasts of a collection of more than 100 amazing cars, representing over 20 brands from China and abroad, spanning 100 years of automobile history.
- Shepparton Motor Museum and Collectibles, Australasia, Kialla, Victoria (VIC), Australia
The museum houses over 100 classic, vintage and veteran cars, muscle cars, pedal cars, trucks and motorbikes.
- Snook’s Dream Cars, North America, Bowling Green, Ohio (OH), USA
It features a recreated 1940s era Texaco gas station, a showroom of extensive automobile memorabilia and a car collection presented within period scenes.
- Sommer’s Automobile Museum, Europe, Nærum, Denmark
Cars from 1914 up to a Danish electric car from 1990. Bugatti Brescia Type T13, 1923; Hispano-Suiza Type 64, 1932; Jaguar SS100, C-Type, D-Type.
- Sparreholms Slott | Sparreholm Castle, Europe, Sparreholm, Sweden
The museum shows exclusive cars such as Mercedes 540K, 1936; a Horch 853, 1936; Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost, 1921; Hertel, 1898, and Clement Panhard, 1898.
- Stahls Auto Museum, North America, New Baltimore, Michigan (MI), USA
The Stahl Museum has over 80 cars on display. A 1886 Daimler prototype to the muscle cars of the 1960s with emphasis on the cars of the 1930s and 1940s.
- Studebaker National Museum, North America, South Bend, Indiana (IN), USA
The Studebaker National Museum is a state-of-the-art, 55,000-square-foot facility. 3 floors of presidential carriages, car culture & sleek vintage cars.
- Svedinos Bil- & Flygmuseum, Europe, Ugglarp, Sweden
One of the major collections in northern Europe of vintage cars and aircraft. The collection comprises over 100 cars, 40 aircraft, motorcycles, engines etc.
- Swigart Automobile Museum, North America, Huntingdon, Pennsylvania (PA), USA
The Swigart Museum is the only automobile museum in the country where visitors can see two Tuckers, the 1947 “Tin Goose” Prototype and #1013.
- Swiss Museum of Transport, Europe, Luzern, Switzerland
All types of transport from bicycles to the locomotive the Crocodile. More than 30 historic aircraft. ‘Monteverdi’ car exhibit, large numbers of historic vehicles.
- Tacla Taid – The Anglesey Transport Museum, Europe, Newborough, United Kingdom
Tacla Taid, the Anglesey Transport and Agriculture Museum, is the largest of its kind in Wales.
- Tallahassee Automobile and Collectibles Museum, North America, Tallahassee, Florida (FL), USA
They have 150 automobiles, ranging from a 1893 Duryea, one of the oldest cars manufactured in the United States, to a 2010 Camaro.
- Tbilisi Automuseum, Asia, Tbilisi, Georgia
Tbilisi car museum is based on a private collection. There are 25 cars and 7 motorcycles from the Soviet era.
- Technik Museum Speyer, Europe, Speyer, Germany
Largest Space Exhibition in Europe! 600 unique exhibits. Space shuttle BURAN. Also Cars, Bikes, Plains, Fire Engines, Locomotives, and “The Moon” area.
- Teknikland, Europe, Östersund, Sweden
Teknikland is a retro technique world of military history, vehicles and old machinery. Experience the 20th century history.
- The Auto Collections, North America, Las Vegas, Nevada (NV), USA
This is a showroom with up to 250 World Class automobiles on display and available for sale.
- The Beller Museum, North America, Romeoville, Illinois (IL), USA
The Museum houses numerous collections of vehicles, tools, parts and information to tell stories of how cars and trucks, served their original owners.
- The Bugatti Trust Study Centre and Museum, Europe, Cheltenham, United Kingdom
An independent charity dedicated to the study of the works of Ettore Bugatti. It is open to the public with vintage Bugattis and racing memorabilia.
- The Collings Foundation, North America, Stow, Massachusetts (MA), USA
Focused on preserving military aircraft which they show all around the US, but an excellent collection of passenger and racing cars as well. Open to the public during events only a few times per year.
- The Fort Lauderdale Antique Car Museum, North America, Fort Lauderdale, Florida (FL), USA
Largest collection of Packard cars and historical memorabilia from 1900 and on. Cars, hood ornaments, old gas station signs, carburetors, gear-shift knobs, and more.
- The H. H. Franklin Collection at the Gilmore, North America, Hickory Corners, Michigan (MI), USA
Herbert H. Franklin, founded the H.H. Franklin Company in Syracuse, NY in 1902, and continued to build air-cooled cars until 1934.
- The Henry Ford Museum, North America, Dearborn, Michigan (MI), USA
Step into a world where past innovations fuel the imagination of generations to come. A vibrant exploration of genius in all its forms.
- The Lincoln Motor Car Heritage Museum at the Gilmore, North America, Hickory Corners, Michigan (MI), USA
The Lincoln Motorcar Heritage Museum was built by the Lincoln Motor Car Foundation which was established in 1999.
- The Museum of Automobiles, North America, Morrilton, Arkansas (AR), USA
The only Climber automobile known to exist, the 1923 Climber Touring. 50+ vehicles on display from a 1904 Oldsmobile French Front to a 1967 Ford Ranchero.
- The Nethercutt Museum, North America, Sylmar, California (CA), USA
They show more than 250 of the world’s greatest cars. Pebble Beach winners. Gobron-Brille, Pope-Hartford, Knox, Hispano-Suiza.
- The Owls Head Transportation Museum, North America, Owls Head, Maine (ME), USA
The Owls Head Transportation Museum is a place where machines of a bygone era are celebrated through conservation, preservation and demonstration.
- The Sarasota Classic Car Museum, North America, Sarasota, Florida (FL), USA
The museum has over 75 automobiles, such as Alfa Romeo, Bentley, Cadillac, DeLorean, Edsel and Ferrari.
- The Shed Car Museum, North America, Warroad, Minnesota (MN), USA
Lots of incredible vehicles, ranging from 1920 to present day. A great day out for anyone visiting North Minnesota.
- The Shuttleworth Collection, Europe, Biggleswade, United Kingdom
Based in the aerodrome, the Collection contains some of last airworthy aircraft of their type remaining anywhere in the world.
- The Transportation Museum at Ystafell, Europe, Þingeyjarsveit, Iceland
A small museum in Iceland.
- Tidaholms museum, Europe, Tidaholm, Sweden
About a 1000 vehicles were built by Tidaholms Bruk between 1903 and 1934. Nine of them are shown in the C-building at the museum.
- Torre Loizaga Miguel de la Via Collection, Europe, Bizkaia, Spain
The only Rolls-Royce Collection in Europe with all models manufactured between 1910-1998.
- Tupelo Automobile Museum, North America, Tupelo, Mississippi (MS), USA
Featuring 120,000 square feet of automobile displays and open viewing restoration bays. Over 100 antique, classic and collectible automobiles.
- Unique Antique Auto Museum, North America, Marmarth, North Dakota (ND), USA
Only open during the summer (May to September). Not much info about the cars on the home page.
- Unser Racing Museum, North America, Albuquerque, New Mexico (NM), USA
The Unser Racing Museum is a multi-dimensional museum experience using modern technologies to educate and immerse visitors in the exciting world of racing.
- Volo Auto Museum, North America, Volo, Illinois (IL), USA
The Volo Auto Museum is an all-day, 35-acre, destination the entire family can enjoy, even for those who aren’t car lovers. 400-car collection that features special interest cars from the 1900’s and up
- Volvo Museum, Europe, Göteborg, Sweden
This is the official Volvo museum with everything that Volvo has produced. Cars, buses, excavators, boat engines, etc.
- Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum – WAAAM, North America, Hood River, Oregon (OR), USA
An Aviation, Auto, and Transport museum in Hood River, Oregon.
- Wills Sainte Claire Auto Museum, North America, Marysville, Michigan (MI), USA
Worlds largest collection of Wills Sainte Claire Automobiles produced in Marysville, Michigan from 1921 until 1926. C. Harold Wills.
- Wisconsin Auto Museum, North America, Hartford, Wisconsin (WI), USA
The museum shows a stunning 110+ vehicles on exhibit, including: Pontiacs, Studebakers, Chevrolets, Kaisers, Fords, and other cars from around the world.
- Zeppelin Museum Friedrichshafen, Europe, Friedrichshafen, Germany
Zeppelin Museum houses the most extensive collection on the history of airship travel. Most famous, the LZ 129 Hindenburg. A Maybach Zeppelin, 1938 is also exhibited.
- Ådalens Veteranbilsmuseum, Europe, Lunde, Sweden
Small veteran car museum south of Kramfors with about 50 cars, motorcycles, snowmobiles and machines.