Bus & Public Transport Museums
The map below shows just the Museums with Bus & Public Transport exhibits we have in our directory at the moment.
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
46 museums in total.
Bus & Public Transport Museums in alphabetical order
- America on Wheels, North America, Allentown, Pennsylvania (PA), USA
The building is 43,000 square feet. The museum offers over 23,000 square feet of Exhibit space divided into three main galleries
- Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim, Europe, Sinsheim, Germany
HUGE Transport museum, Tupolev Tu-144, Concorde, Me-109, about 60 planes. 300 vintage cars, old Mercedes, Maybachs, Bugattis etc.
- Beijing Classic Car Museum, Asia, Yang Song Town, Huairou District, Beijing, China
Over 200 classic cars from China’s history, including some that were banned for looking too Western, and some that were made especially for government officials.
- Bentwaters Cold War Museum, Europe, Woodbridge, United Kingdom
The museum has a growing collection of aircraft representing the “Cold War” era. The museum’s first acquisition was a Meteor D.16. which was purchased in 2005.
- Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles, North America, Boyertown, Pennsylvania (PA), USA
The main gallery of the Boyertown Museum is in the former main factory. Boyertown used to manufacture truck bodies for commercial and government use.
- Buffalo Transportation Pierce Arrow Museum, North America, Buffalo, New York State (NY), USA
The collection of historic automobiles, bicycles, Pierce-Arrow memorabilia and documents is unlike any other in the world.
- Campe’s Motor Museum, Australasia, Hamilton, Victoria (VIC), Australia
Selection of cars, busses and memorabilia including a Stutz 1929, Ansett Clipper Bus 1955, and Citroën 1933. The Museum is open for visitors by appointment.
- Charlie’s Auto Museum, Australasia, Arthurs Seat, Victoria (VIC), Australia
This is a unique collection of over 80 motor vehicles. There are also motorcycles, petrol bowsers, thousands of model cars and memorabilia spanning over 100 years.
- Cole Land Transportation Museum, North America, Bangor, Maine (ME), USA
Our purpose at the Cole Land Transportation Museum is to collect, preserve, and display a cross section of Maine’s land transportation equipment.
- Coventry Transport Museum, Europe, Coventry, United Kingdom
Coventry Transport Museum houses the largest publicly owned collection of British vehicles in the world.
- Cyprus Historic and Classic Motor Museum, Europe, Limassol, Cyprus
Opened in 2014 and is the only car museum in Cyprus. Located on the outskirts of Limassol, the museum has around 60 vehicles, mostly classic and modern cars.
- Deutsches Museum Verkehrszentrum, Europe, Munich | München, Germany
In exhibition spaces covering a total of 12,000 square metres, you can experience 275 historical trains, cars, motorcycles, bicycles and coaches.
- Dover Transport Museum, Europe, Whitfield, Dover, United Kingdom
Historic Vehicles, Vintage Garage & Motorcycle Shop, Dover Car Ferry & Train Ferry Memorabilia
- Dundee Museum of Transport, Europe, Dundee, United Kingdom
Local transport pioneers & innovators. Tram network, railway and marine history. Cars, commercial vehicles, buses. Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!
- Grampian Transport Museum, Europe, Alford, United Kingdom
The museum is a living museum that probes the past, present and future. Many exhibits are climb aboard, hands on and even ride on!
- Hollywood Cars Museum, North America, Las Vegas, Nevada (NV), USA
The museum is now home to five James Bond vehicles including the Lotus Esprit Submarine Car driven by Roger Moore in the 1977 film, The Spy Who Loved Me
- Isle of Man Motor Museum, Europe, Jurby, United Kingdom
Several historically significant vehicles including a 1953 Humber Super Snipe tourer built for and used by Queen Elizabeth II. Over 200 motorcycles.
- Jesada Technik Museum, Asia, Nakhon Pathom, W Bangkok, Thailand
Unique museum displaying a large array of vintage vehicles, including cars, busus, tuk-tuks, motorbikes & planes.
- Jurby Transport Museum | Manx Transport Trust Ltd, Europe, Jurby, United Kingdom
The Jurby Transport Museum is housed in a former RAF Bellman Aircraft Hangar. It shows buses, cars, lorries and a steam tractor.
- Klassikstadt Car | Auto Museum, Europe, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
On more than 16,000 square meters over 350 vehicles of various eras, almost 100 parking spaces in the glass pit lane and 35 workshops.
- Miracle Of America Museum, North America, Polson, Montana (MT), USA
18,000 visitors from the entire 50 United States,10 Canadian provinces, & 24 foreign countries. It contains thousands of artifacts.
- Musée de l’Auto Mahymobiles | Mahymobiles Car Museum, Europe, Leuze-en-Hainaut, Belgium
Over 300 cars are on permanent display. How about an Ava Monoplace, a Barré or a Corre La Licorne?
- Musée de l’Automobile Henri Malartre | Henri Malartre Car Museum, Europe, Rochetaillée-sur-Saône, France
Castle of Rochetaillée showcases a collection of automobiles, cycles, vintage motorcycles & public transport. A highlight is the Hitler parade Mercedes.
- Musée des 24 Heures du Mans, Europe, Le Mans, France
With 120 vehicles, the Automobile Club de l’Ouest tells you about the epic of the automobile in Sarthe and the success of its international race.
- Museum of Municipal Engineering, Europe, Kraków, Poland
The Museum of Municipal Engineering was established on October 1, 1998 by the City of Krakow and received the historic halls of the oldest tramway shed as its seat. The department’s collection consists of more than 146 objects showing the development of the Polish automotive industry.
- Muzeum Techniki i Komunikacji Zajezdnia Sztuki w Szczecinie｜Museum of Technology & Transport, Europe, Szczecin, Poland
The Museum of Technology and Transport in Szczecin is full of vehicles that Poles used to be so much in love with.
- National Automobile Museum of Tasmania, Australasia, Launceston, Tasmania (TAS), Australia
The museum comes alive with four theme displays each year as well as changing exhibits in the main hall and a mezzanine floor packed with motorcycles.
- New York Transit Museum, North America, Brooklyn, New York State (NY), USA
The Transit Museum is located in a decommissioned subway station at 99 Schermerhorn Street Brooklyn, NY 11201, and accessible by over 20 bus and subway lines.
- Pioneer Flight Museum, North America, Kingsbury, Texas (TX), USA
The Museum, founded by Roger Freeman, is open today in temporary housing at Old Kingsbury Aerodrome. Soon to have permanent museum building up, we are open!
- PS. Speicher, Europe, Einbeck, Germany
Museum, exhibition, and theme park. A must-visit fans of vintage cars and automobiles, motorcycle and engineering enthusiasts.
- Rīgas Motormuzejs | Riga Car Museum, Europe, Rīga, Latvia
The design project envisages the creation of an entirely new innovative Riga Motor Museum exposition with interactive and multimedia solutions.
- Riverside Museum, Europe, Glasgow, United Kingdom
Award-winning Transport Museum, over 3,000 objects on display. Locomotives, tram, bus, cars and motorbikes.
- Ryds Bilkyrkogård Kyrkö Mosse | Ryd’s Car cemetary, Europe, Ryd, Sweden
Well this is not really a museum but a bunch of cars that had been left in the forest. They are slowly being reclaimed by nature.
- Shanghai Auto Museum, Asia, Jiading Qu, Shanghai Shi, China
The museum boasts of a collection of more than 100 amazing cars, representing over 20 brands from China and abroad, spanning 100 years of automobile history.
- Svedinos Bil- & Flygmuseum, Europe, Ugglarp, Sweden
One of the major collections in northern Europe of vintage cars and aircraft. The collection comprises over 100 cars, 40 aircraft, motorcycles, engines etc.
- Swiss Museum of Transport, Europe, Luzern, Switzerland
All types of transport from bicycles to the locomotive the Crocodile. More than 30 historic aircraft. ‘Monteverdi’ car exhibit, large numbers of historic vehicles.
- Tacla Taid – The Anglesey Transport Museum, Europe, Newborough, United Kingdom
Tacla Taid, the Anglesey Transport and Agriculture Museum, is the largest of its kind in Wales.
- Teknikland, Europe, Östersund, Sweden
Teknikland is a retro technique world of military history, vehicles and old machinery. Experience the 20th century history.
- The Henry Ford Museum, North America, Dearborn, Michigan (MI), USA
Step into a world where past innovations fuel the imagination of generations to come. A vibrant exploration of genius in all its forms.
- The Transportation Museum at Ystafell, Europe, Þingeyjarsveit, Iceland
A small museum in Iceland.
- The Yorkshire Air Museum, Europe, Elvington, United Kingdom
Our huge range of exhibits and collections span almost the entire history of flight. Today we have over 60 historic aircraft and vehicles.
- Tidaholms museum, Europe, Tidaholm, Sweden
About a 1000 vehicles were built by Tidaholms Bruk between 1903 and 1934. Nine of them are shown in the C-building at the museum.
- Ulster Folk and Transport Museum, Europe, Holywood, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
The Transport Museum displays one of Europe’s largest and transport collections in our permanent galleries. From horse-drawn carriages to Irish built cars.
- Volo Auto Museum, North America, Volo, Illinois (IL), USA
The Volo Auto Museum is an all-day, 35-acre, destination the entire family can enjoy, even for those who aren’t car lovers. 400-car collection that features special interest cars from the 1900’s and up
- Volvo Museum, Europe, Göteborg, Sweden
This is the official Volvo museum with everything that Volvo has produced. Cars, buses, excavators, boat engines, etc.
- Yukon Transportation Museum, North America, Whitehorse, Yukon (YT), Canada
This museum brings Yukon transportation history to life.