Car Museums with 4-wheel drive Cars
The map below shows just the Museums with 4-wheel drive exhibits we have in our directory at the moment.
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
48 museums in total.
4-wheel drive Car Museums in alphabetical order
- America on Wheels, North America, Allentown, Pennsylvania (PA), USA
The building is 43,000 square feet. The museum offers over 23,000 square feet of Exhibit space divided into three main galleries
- August Horch Museum, Europe, Zwickau, Germany
On the ground of the former Audi factory, at the origin of great automotive history, you find the August Horch Museum.
- Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim, Europe, Sinsheim, Germany
HUGE Transport museum, Tupolev Tu-144, Concorde, Me-109, about 60 planes. 300 vintage cars, old Mercedes, Maybachs, Bugattis etc.
- AutoMuseum Volkswagen, Europe, Wolfsburg, Germany
On 5,000 square a total of 130 vehicles with many rare concept vehicles, prototypes and one-off models.
- Beijing Classic Car Museum, Asia, Yang Song Town, Huairou District, Beijing, China
Over 200 classic cars from China’s history, including some that were banned for looking too Western, and some that were made especially for government officials.
- Bentwaters Cold War Museum, Europe, Woodbridge, United Kingdom
The museum has a growing collection of aircraft representing the “Cold War” era. The museum’s first acquisition was a Meteor D.16. which was purchased in 2005.
- Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles, North America, Boyertown, Pennsylvania (PA), USA
The main gallery of the Boyertown Museum is in the former main factory. Boyertown used to manufacture truck bodies for commercial and government use.
- British Motor Museum, Europe, Gaydon Warwick, United Kingdom
The British Motor Museum is home to the world’s largest collection of historic British Cars.
- Charlie’s Auto Museum, Australasia, Arthurs Seat, Victoria (VIC), Australia
This is a unique collection of over 80 motor vehicles. There are also motorcycles, petrol bowsers, thousands of model cars and memorabilia spanning over 100 years.
- Cole Land Transportation Museum, North America, Bangor, Maine (ME), USA
Our purpose at the Cole Land Transportation Museum is to collect, preserve, and display a cross section of Maine’s land transportation equipment.
- Coventry Transport Museum, Europe, Coventry, United Kingdom
Coventry Transport Museum houses the largest publicly owned collection of British vehicles in the world.
- Crawford Auto Aviation Museum, North America, Cleveland, Ohio (OH), USA
Large collection of vehicles especially those built in Ohio. Cars, aircraft, Carriages, artifacts and memorabilia. Over 140 antique automobiles, 10 aircraft, and 3 carriages.
- Deutsches Museum Verkehrszentrum, Europe, Munich | München, Germany
In exhibition spaces covering a total of 12,000 square metres, you can experience 275 historical trains, cars, motorcycles, bicycles and coaches.
- Grampian Transport Museum, Europe, Alford, United Kingdom
The museum is a living museum that probes the past, present and future. Many exhibits are climb aboard, hands on and even ride on!
- History Museum of Russian car-producer GAZ, Asia, Europe, Nizhnij Novgorod, Russia
They seems to have 29 cars and military vehicles exhibited.
- Hollywood Cars Museum, North America, Las Vegas, Nevada (NV), USA
The museum is now home to five James Bond vehicles including the Lotus Esprit Submarine Car driven by Roger Moore in the 1977 film, The Spy Who Loved Me
- Kilgarvan Motor Museum, Europe, Slaheny / Kilgarvan, Ireland
Family run museum where can browse at your ease. Visit and have a cup of coffee or tea, while you drool over the motors and the motorabilia.
- Klairmont Kollections Car Museum, North America, Chicago, Illinois (IL), USA
This magnificent museum consist of over 300 of the most stunning, impressive, and clever vehicles any car enthusiast could hope to see during their lifetime.
- Klassikstadt Car | Auto Museum, Europe, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
On more than 16,000 square meters over 350 vehicles of various eras, almost 100 parking spaces in the glass pit lane and 35 workshops.
- Lane Motor Museum, North America, Nashville, Tennessee (TN), USA
This museum is specialising in European cars. Features 150 unique cars and motorcycles, largest European collection in the U.S. Vehicles from 1920s til today.
- Lillehammer Car museum – CLOSED, Europe, Lillehammer, Norway
This museum is unfortunately closed. The many really rare cars are now moved to Norsk Vegmuseum.
- Lyon Air Museum, North America, Santa Ana, California (CA), USA
Lyon Air Museum has authentic aircraft, rare vehicles and related memorabilia, with emphasis on the defining event of the 20th century – World War II.
- Miracle Of America Museum, North America, Polson, Montana (MT), USA
18,000 visitors from the entire 50 United States,10 Canadian provinces, & 24 foreign countries. It contains thousands of artifacts.
- Mongolian Military Museum, Asia, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
It houses around 8,000 items related to the ancient and modern Mongolian army. The has some tanks, armored vehicles, a MIG fighter.
- Museo Nicolis, Europe, Villafranca di Verona, Italy
Opened in 2000. “Museum of Cars, Technology and Mechanics” has cars, motorbikes, planes, instruments, cameras, and more.
- Museum of Alaska Transportation & Industry, MATI, North America, Wasilla, Alaska (AK), USA
MATI was established to give a home to the transportation and industrial remnants and to tell the stories of the people and the machines that opened Alaska to exploration and growth.
- Museum of Mountain Flying, North America, Missoula, Montana (MT), USA
18,500 square foot hangar. The museum had acquired its C-45 Twin Beech from Northstar Aviation and a year later just by chance located the original DC-3.
- National Automobile Museum of Tasmania, Australasia, Launceston, Tasmania (TAS), Australia
The museum comes alive with four theme displays each year as well as changing exhibits in the main hall and a mezzanine floor packed with motorcycles.
- National Motor Museum, Australasia, Birdwood, South Australia (SA), Australia
Since 1965 millions of people have enjoyed discovering their motoring heritage at the National Motor Museum, Birdwood, South Australia.
- Norsk Vegmuseum, Europe, Fåberg, Norway
Replaced the old Norsk Kjøretøyhistorisk Museum in Lillehammer. It’s located a little bit further north.
- Packard Motor Museum, Australasia, Maungatapere, Whangarei, New Zealand
The collection encompasses vehicles, machinery and memorabilia from the 19th and 20th centuries including the 1873 Dubs A62 steam engine.
- Pioneer Flight Museum, North America, Kingsbury, Texas (TX), USA
The Museum, founded by Roger Freeman, is open today in temporary housing at Old Kingsbury Aerodrome. Soon to have permanent museum building up, we are open!
- Pioneer Village, North America, Minden, Nebraska (NE), USA
20 flying machines, 100 antique tractors. See the world’s oldest Buick, a 1902 Cadillac and a 1903 Ford, plus 350 other antique cars.
- Porsche Museum, Europe, Stuttgart, Germany
Over 80 Porsche vehicles are shown in this architecturally very bold building.
- Rīgas Motormuzejs | Riga Car Museum, Europe, Rīga, Latvia
The design project envisages the creation of an entirely new innovative Riga Motor Museum exposition with interactive and multimedia solutions.
- Route 66 Car Museum, North America, Springfield, Missouri (MO), USA
Nearly 80 cars, from early brass cars to vehicles like Gotham Roadster. Seven Jaguars, two Rolls Royces, 1936 Horch, 1933 Auburn 12, 1926 Kissel.
- Tacla Taid – The Anglesey Transport Museum, Europe, Newborough, United Kingdom
Tacla Taid, the Anglesey Transport and Agriculture Museum, is the largest of its kind in Wales.
- Tbilisi Automuseum, Asia, Tbilisi, Georgia
Tbilisi car museum is based on a private collection. There are 25 cars and 7 motorcycles from the Soviet era.
- The Collings Foundation, North America, Stow, Massachusetts (MA), USA
Focused on preserving military aircraft which they show all around the US, but an excellent collection of passenger and racing cars as well. Open to the public during events only a few times per year.
- The Connecticut Air And Space Center, North America, Stratford, Connecticut (CT), USA
This museum is currently restoring several aircraft, including Sikorsky Memorial FG1-D Corsair and Sikorsky S60.
- The Henry Ford Museum, North America, Dearborn, Michigan (MI), USA
Step into a world where past innovations fuel the imagination of generations to come. A vibrant exploration of genius in all its forms.
- The National Museum of World War II Aviation, North America, Colorado Springs, Colorado (CO), USA
The National Museum of World War II Aviation documents the role that military aviation played in the emergence of our nation as a world power during WWII.
- The Transportation Museum at Ystafell, Europe, Þingeyjarsveit, Iceland
A small museum in Iceland.
- The Yorkshire Air Museum, Europe, Elvington, United Kingdom
Our huge range of exhibits and collections span almost the entire history of flight. Today we have over 60 historic aircraft and vehicles.
- Toyota USA Automobile Museum, North America, Torrance, California (CA), USA
Toyota’s U.S. history spans more than 55 years. These vintage vehicles trace Toyota’s history, an unknown company in 1957, to one of today’s leading automakers.
- Ulster Folk and Transport Museum, Europe, Holywood, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
The Transport Museum displays one of Europe’s largest and transport collections in our permanent galleries. From horse-drawn carriages to Irish built cars.
- Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum – WAAAM, North America, Hood River, Oregon (OR), USA
An Aviation, Auto, and Transport museum in Hood River, Oregon.
- Zeppelin- and Garrison Museum Tønder, Europe, Tønder, Denmark
During the First World War the German Imperial Navy operated Zeppelin airships from Tønder city.