The map below shows just Museums with Helicopter exhibits we have in our directory at the moment.
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
44 museums in total.
Helicopter Museums in alphabetical order
- 1940 Air Terminal Museum, North America, Houston, Texas (TX), USA
Join us as we relive the rich aviation history of Houston. The museum’s collection of aircraft, from the Lockheed Lodestar to the Hawker business jet.
- American Helicopter Museum & Education Center, North America, West Chester, Pennsylvania (PA), USA
We will collect, preserve, research, publish and exhibit the objects, artifacts and documents relating to the origins and development of rotary-wing aircraft
- Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim, Europe, Sinsheim, Germany
HUGE Transport museum, Tupolev Tu-144, Concorde, Me-109, about 60 planes. 300 vintage cars, old Mercedes, Maybachs, Bugattis etc.
- Autoseum Nisse Nilsson Collection, Europe, Simrishamn, Sweden
Probably the best museum in southern Sweden with cars and motorcycles from 1898 til today. Stefan “Lill-Lövis” Johansson exhibition.
- Bomber Command Museum of Canada, North America, Nanton, Alberta (AB), Canada
The acquisition of aircraft and other artifacts, primarily through private donations, has provided the Society with an impressive collection of displays.
- Brussels Air Museum at Royal Museum of the Armed Forces and Military History, Europe, Brussels, Belgium
The Air and Space Section has had a fast and very successful development thanks to a few military and civilian airmen and ground crew.
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum, North America, Ottawa, Ontario (ON), USA
Engage with the wonder of flight through its collection. Focuses on aviation in Canada. More than 130 aircraft. Most extensive collection in Canada. Also the fantastic Canadarms.
- Canadian Museum of Flight, North America, Langley, British Columbia (BC), Canada
Visitors can take a chronological walk around the Museum starting with WWI to present day, and can see how large a part Canada has played in aviation history.
- Cole Land Transportation Museum, North America, Bangor, Maine (ME), USA
Our purpose at the Cole Land Transportation Museum is to collect, preserve, and display a cross section of Maine’s land transportation equipment.
- Danmarks Flymuseum | Danish Aircraft Museum, Europe, Skjern, Denmark
Main emphasis is on the history of Danish flying and aircraft production, both civil and military, and is in constant development with new exhibitions and planes.
- Dornier Museum, Europe, Friedrichshafen, Germany
This museum is dedicated to the genius Claude Dornier’s accomplishments. It preserves and documents the Dornier company’s achievements in aviation and aerospace history in a striking architectural setting.
- Dumfries and Galloway Aviation Museum, Europe, Dumfries, United Kingdom
Wellington bomber (HE 746) was on a flight from RAF Wing near Leighton Buzzard when it suffered a failure to one of its Bristol Hercules engines.
- Empire State Aerosciences Museum, North America, Glenville, New York State (NY), USA
Dedicated to interpreting aviation, particularly as related to New York State.
- Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum, North America, McMinnville, Oregon (OR), USA
Home of the Spruce Goose Hughes H-4 Hercules. With displays ranging from Orville and Wilbur Wright, to an actual Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.
- Fleet Air Arm Museum, Europe, Ilchester Yeovil, United Kingdom
Today the collection stands at 102 airframes that span the history of naval aviation from 1909 to the present day. The collection also houses Concorde 002.
- Grissom Air Museum, North America, Peru, Indiana (IN), USA
Historic aircraft from the Cold War era. Learn what it is like to be called an “airmen”. Jump into a cockpit, climb the Tower, and takeoff in our simulator!
- Historical Aircraft Restoration Society, Australasia, Albion Park Rail, New South Wales (NSW), Australia
The best description of the Historical Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) is “TARDIS”. I have lost count of the people I have shown around who are literally amazed at what they see. I guess our advertising needs to be more spectacular.
- Jesada Technik Museum, Asia, Nakhon Pathom, W Bangkok, Thailand
Unique museum displaying a large array of vintage vehicles, including cars, busus, tuk-tuks, motorbikes & planes.
- Lyon Air Museum, North America, Santa Ana, California (CA), USA
Lyon Air Museum has authentic aircraft, rare vehicles and related memorabilia, with emphasis on the defining event of the 20th century – World War II.
- Miracle Of America Museum, North America, Polson, Montana (MT), USA
18,000 visitors from the entire 50 United States,10 Canadian provinces, & 24 foreign countries. It contains thousands of artifacts.
- Museum Fichtelberg, Cars Planes and Bikes, Europe, Fichtelberg, Germany
A transport museum with exotics automobiles, airplanes, motorcycle, fire engines, and tractors.
- Museum of Mountain Flying, North America, Missoula, Montana (MT), USA
18,500 square foot hangar. The museum had acquired its C-45 Twin Beech from Northstar Aviation and a year later just by chance located the original DC-3.
- Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum, North America, Rio Grande, New Jersey (NJ), USA
The museum’s centerpiece (a TBM Avenger aircraft), are both listed on the National and State Registers of Historic Places at a level of National Significance.
- New England Air Museum, North America, Windsor Locks, Connecticut (CT), USA
The New England Air Museum’s collection contains over 100 aircraft ranging from early flying machines to supersonic jets. Over 65 aircraft are on display.
- Newark Air Museum, Europe, Newark, United Kingdom
the aircraft on display include 13 National Benchmark aircraft; 34 Significant aircraft and 21 Noteworthy aircraft as listed in the N.A.H Register.
- Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor, North America, Honolulu, Hawaii (HI), USA
The mission of Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor is to develop and maintain an internationally recognized aviation museumon Ford Island, Hawaii.
- Pima Air & Space Museum, North America, Tucson, Arizona (AZ), USA
The concept for the Pima Air & Space Museum began in 1966 during the celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the creation of the United States Air Force.
- Polish Aviation Museum, , Kraków, Poland
The Krakow Aviation Museum took over a few buildings and part of the grounds of the Rakowice-Czyżny airfield, one of the oldest military airfields in Europe.
- Royal Air Force Museum Cosford, Europe, Shifnal, United Kingdom
Over 70 aircraft of international importance are housed in three Wartime Hangars and within the National Cold War Exhibition. See the world’s oldest Spitfire
- Royal Air Force Museum London, Europe, London, United Kingdom
With a world-class collection and display of aircraft, integrated with special exhibitions, films, interactives, artwork, engines, missiles, photographs.
- Southern Museum of Flight, North America, Birmingham, Alabama (AL), USA
It is one of the largest aviation museums in the Southeast. The 75,000 square foot facility houses over 100 aircraft, as well as engines, and artifacts.
- Svedinos Bil- & Flygmuseum, Europe, Ugglarp, Sweden
One of the major collections in northern Europe of vintage cars and aircraft. The collection comprises over 100 cars, 40 aircraft, motorcycles, engines etc.
- Technik Museum Speyer, Europe, Speyer, Germany
Largest Space Exhibition in Europe! 600 unique exhibits. Space shuttle BURAN. Also Cars, Bikes, Plains, Fire Engines, Locomotives, and “The Moon” area.
- Texas Air & Space Museum, North America, Amarillo, Texas (TX), USA
An excellent Museum with artefacts from aviation history, and many complete aircraft and helicopters. Situated on large ground with fun for all the family.
- The Connecticut Air And Space Center, North America, Stratford, Connecticut (CT), USA
This museum is currently restoring several aircraft, including Sikorsky Memorial FG1-D Corsair and Sikorsky S60.
- The de Havilland Aircraft Museum, Europe, London Colney, United Kingdom
Aircraft development in 20th century Britain. Many iconic aircraft such as the de Havilland Mosquito – “The Wooden Wonder”, and The Comet.
- The Helicopter Museum, Europe, Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Over 80 displayed aircraft. The Queen’s Royal Flight, and the Bell UH-1H ‘Huey’. The Helicopter World Speed Record Holder, Autogyros, & Russian Hind Gunship.
- The Owls Head Transportation Museum, North America, Owls Head, Maine (ME), USA
The Owls Head Transportation Museum is a place where machines of a bygone era are celebrated through conservation, preservation and demonstration.
- Tillamook Air Museum, North America, Tillamook, Oregon (OR), USA
Now an Air Museum, with Aircraft, Helicopters, Trucks and Fire Truck. Exhibits large and small, including an engine & Helium room.
- Tulsa Air and Space Museum & Planetarium, North America, Tulsa, Oklahoma (OK), USA
More than half a million visitors have enjoyed TASM’s historical exhibits, hands-on science exhibits, computer flight simulator lab, and full-dome planetarium shows.
- Ulster Aviation Society, Europe, Lisburn, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
The UAS heritage collection currently includes 40+ aircraft, ranging from vintage WWII fighters through Cold War-era fast jets, helicopters, and much more!
- United States Army Aviation Museum, North America, Fort Rucker, Alabama (AL), USA
The U.S. Army Aviation Museum maintains a collection of over 160 military aircraft, and has one of the largest collections of military helicopters in the world.
- Volo Auto Museum, North America, Volo, Illinois (IL), USA
The Volo Auto Museum is an all-day, 35-acre, destination the entire family can enjoy, even for those who aren’t car lovers. 400-car collection that features special interest cars from the 1900’s and up
- Ängelholms Flygmuseum | Ängelholms flight / aviation museum, Europe, Ängelholm, Sweden
Located in an old hangar at the old Swedish Wing F10. Small museum with planes from the Swedish Air Force.