The map below shows just the Museums with Airplane & Aviation exhibits we have in our directory at the moment.
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
102 museums in total.
Airplane Museums in alphabetical order
- 1940 Air Terminal Museum, North America, Houston, Texas (TX), USA
Join us as we relive the rich aviation history of Houston. The museum’s collection of aircraft, from the Lockheed Lodestar to the Hawker business jet.
- Alaska Aviation Heritage Museum, North America, Anchorage, Alaska (AK), USA
Located on the world’s largest seaplane base, Lake Hood, at Anchorage Airport. 4 hangars of exhibits and vintage aircraft, outdoor exhibits, a Control tower, and Flight simulators.
- Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim, Europe, Sinsheim, Germany
HUGE Transport museum, Tupolev Tu-144, Concorde, Me-109, about 60 planes. 300 vintage cars, old Mercedes, Maybachs, Bugattis etc.
- Autoseum Nisse Nilsson Collection, Europe, Simrishamn, Sweden
Probably the best museum in southern Sweden with cars and motorcycles from 1898 til today. Stefan “Lill-Lövis” Johansson exhibition.
- Aviation Heritage Museum, Australasia, Bull Creek, Western Australia (WA), Australia
The Aviation Heritage Museum provides a unique experience of civilian and military aviation through its extraordinary aviation displays. The Museum’s talented volunteers have designed, donated and built a truly amazing array of aviation displays that include 30 aircraft and thousands of artefacts.
- Benalla Aviation Museum, Australasia, Benalla, Victoria (VIC), Australia
The Benalla Aviation Museum offers a look at Australia’s military air training history, from the historic home of a World War II RAAF pilot training school. Attractions include a collection of military training aircraft, some fully operational.Passenger flights available.
- Bentwaters Cold War Museum, Europe, Woodbridge, United Kingdom
The museum has a growing collection of aircraft representing the “Cold War” era. The museum’s first acquisition was a Meteor D.16. which was purchased in 2005.
- Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar Aviation Museum, Europe, Westerham, United Kingdom
The Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar is a restoration facility dedicated to putting Spitfires back in the air. As well as up to 13 Spitfires on site we have a 1940 Hawker Hurricane and Battle of Britain veteran Messerschmitt 109 on view.
- Bomber Command Museum of Canada, North America, Nanton, Alberta (AB), Canada
The acquisition of aircraft and other artifacts, primarily through private donations, has provided the Society with an impressive collection of displays.
- Brooklands Museum, Europe, Weybridge, United Kingdom
One of the most significant acquisitions in the museum’s history was Concorde G-BBDG in 2003, and opened to the public in 2006.
- Brussels Air Museum at Royal Museum of the Armed Forces and Military History, Europe, Brussels, Belgium
The Air and Space Section has had a fast and very successful development thanks to a few military and civilian airmen and ground crew.
- Canada Aviation and Space Museum, North America, Ottawa, Ontario (ON), USA
Engage with the wonder of flight through its collection. Focuses on aviation in Canada. More than 130 aircraft. Most extensive collection in Canada. Also the fantastic Canadarms.
- Canadian Museum of Flight, North America, Langley, British Columbia (BC), Canada
Visitors can take a chronological walk around the Museum starting with WWI to present day, and can see how large a part Canada has played in aviation history.
- Canadian Transportation Museum & Heritage Village, North America, Kingsville, Ontario (ON), Canada
You will see both original and fully restored hallmark vehicles from the 19th and 20th century, from horse drawn wagons to a 1992 Dodge Viper.
- Centro Storico Fiat, Europe, Turin, Italy
Centro Storico Fiat now hosts a collection of automobiles, mementos, models and advertising manifestos by artists spanning the company’s entire history.
- Cradle of Aviation Museum, North America, Garden City, New York State (NY), USA
This museum has over 75 air and spacecraft from a hot air balloon to an actual Apollo Lunar Module.
- Crawford Auto Aviation Museum, North America, Cleveland, Ohio (OH), USA
Large collection of vehicles especially those built in Ohio. Cars, aircraft, Carriages, artifacts and memorabilia. Over 140 antique automobiles, 10 aircraft, and 3 carriages.
- Danmarks Flymuseum | Danish Aircraft Museum, Europe, Skjern, Denmark
Main emphasis is on the history of Danish flying and aircraft production, both civil and military, and is in constant development with new exhibitions and planes.
- Dornier Museum, Europe, Friedrichshafen, Germany
This museum is dedicated to the genius Claude Dornier’s accomplishments. It preserves and documents the Dornier company’s achievements in aviation and aerospace history in a striking architectural setting.
- Dumfries and Galloway Aviation Museum, Europe, Dumfries, United Kingdom
Wellington bomber (HE 746) was on a flight from RAF Wing near Leighton Buzzard when it suffered a failure to one of its Bristol Hercules engines.
- Eagles Air Museum at Bonanzaville, North America, West Fargo, North Dakota (ND), USA
The Eagles Air Museum have twenty aircraft on display, dating from a 1911 Curtiss Pusher to 1980’s. Part of Cass County Museum.
- Empire State Aerosciences Museum, North America, Glenville, New York State (NY), USA
Dedicated to interpreting aviation, particularly as related to New York State.
- Erickson Aircraft Collection, North America, Madras, Oregon (OR), USA
The Erickson Aircraft Collection is the Pacific Northwest’s premier Flying Collection. The museum features one of the top collection of vintage warbirds.
- Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum, North America, McMinnville, Oregon (OR), USA
Home of the Spruce Goose Hughes H-4 Hercules. With displays ranging from Orville and Wilbur Wright, to an actual Lockheed SR-71 Blackbird.
- Fleet Air Arm Museum, Europe, Ilchester Yeovil, United Kingdom
Today the collection stands at 102 airframes that span the history of naval aviation from 1909 to the present day. The collection also houses Concorde 002.
- Gatwick Aviation Museum, Europe, Charlwood, United Kingdom
This Aviation Museum has a unique collection of British aircraft from the “golden age” of British aircraft manufacture. From the end of WWII until the 1970’s
- Glenn H Curtiss Museum, North America, Hammondsport, New York State (NY), USA
The museum also features a 75-seat theater, large open area for special events and a museum store.
- Grissom Air Museum, North America, Peru, Indiana (IN), USA
Historic aircraft from the Cold War era. Learn what it is like to be called an “airmen”. Jump into a cockpit, climb the Tower, and takeoff in our simulator!
- Hinkler Hall of Aviation, Australasia, Bundaberg North, Queensland (QLD), Australia
Come by the awe inspiring, dynamic and unique structure of soaring glass and steel made in the shape of an aircraft wing. Hinkler Hall of Aviation brings to life the adventures and achievements of Australia’s pioneer solo aviator Bert Hinkler.
- Historical Aircraft Restoration Society, Australasia, Albion Park Rail, New South Wales (NSW), Australia
The best description of the Historical Aircraft Restoration Society (HARS) is “TARDIS”. I have lost count of the people I have shown around who are literally amazed at what they see. I guess our advertising needs to be more spectacular.
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum, North America, New York, New York State (NY), USA
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is dedicated to the exhibition and interpretation of history. Examine original artifacts, explore interactive exhibits.
- Jesada Technik Museum, Asia, Nakhon Pathom, W Bangkok, Thailand
Unique museum displaying a large array of vintage vehicles, including cars, busus, tuk-tuks, motorbikes & planes.
- Kansas Aviation Museum, North America, Wichita, Kansas (KS), USA
The importance of the Kansas Aviation Museum building to the glory days of Kansas aviation cannot be overstated.
- Kent Battle of Britain Museum, Europe, Folkestone, United Kingdom
The hangar contains full sized replicas of Hurricane and Spitfire aircraft that were built for the 1968 film “The Battle of Britain”.
- Klairmont Kollections Car Museum, North America, Chicago, Illinois (IL), USA
This magnificent museum consist of over 300 of the most stunning, impressive, and clever vehicles any car enthusiast could hope to see during their lifetime.
- Lashenden Air Warfare Museum, Europe, Headcorn, Ashford, United Kingdom
The Home of the UK’s Fieseler Fi 103R-4 Reichenberg. A collection of “wreckology” items from the Malling Aircraft Archaeologists & a Focke Achgelis Fa 330A-1.
- Lyon Air Museum, North America, Santa Ana, California (CA), USA
Lyon Air Museum has authentic aircraft, rare vehicles and related memorabilia, with emphasis on the defining event of the 20th century – World War II.
- Military Aviation Museum, North America, Virginia Beach, Virginia (VA), USA
The Military Aviation Museum is home to one of the largest private collections of World War I and World War II era military aircraft in the world. Most of the planes are airworthy and flown at the museum during flight demonstrations and at air shows throughout the year.
- Miracle Of America Museum, North America, Polson, Montana (MT), USA
18,000 visitors from the entire 50 United States,10 Canadian provinces, & 24 foreign countries. It contains thousands of artifacts.
- Model A Ford Museum at the Gilmore, North America, Hickory Corners, Michigan (MI), USA
The Model A Ford Museum is the largest public museum dedicated to the Model A Ford. This 13,000-square-foot re-creation of a 1928 Ford dealership.
- Mongolian Military Museum, Asia, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
It houses around 8,000 items related to the ancient and modern Mongolian army. The has some tanks, armored vehicles, a MIG fighter.
- Museo Nicolis, Europe, Villafranca di Verona, Italy
Opened in 2000. “Museum of Cars, Technology and Mechanics” has cars, motorbikes, planes, instruments, cameras, and more.
- Museo Piaggio | Piaggio Museum, Europe, Pontedera, Italy
Piaggio Museum opened in 2000 and occupies 3,000 square meters in the former tool-shop. Vespas and Gileras.
- Museu de la Ciència i de la Tècnica de Catalunya, Europe, Terrassa, Spain
The National Museum of Science and Technology of Catalonia is the product of the rich and lengthy heritage of scientific and technical innovation and knowledge.
- Museu de Marinha | Maritime Museum, Europe, Belém, Lisboa | Lisbon, Portugal
The collection of the Navy Museum has more than 18,000 pieces. Around 2,500 were selected to feature in their permanent exhibition.
- Museum Fichtelberg, Cars Planes and Bikes, Europe, Fichtelberg, Germany
A transport museum with exotics automobiles, airplanes, motorcycle, fire engines, and tractors.
- Museum of Mountain Flying, North America, Missoula, Montana (MT), USA
18,500 square foot hangar. The museum had acquired its C-45 Twin Beech from Northstar Aviation and a year later just by chance located the original DC-3.
- Museum of Transport and Technology (MOTAT), Australasia, Western Springs, New Zealand
Auckland’s Museum of Transport and Technology, is New Zealand’s largest transport, technology and social history museum. Spread across 40 acres.
- Muzeum Powstania Warszawskiego｜Warsaw Uprising Museum, Europe, Warszawa, Poland
The Warsaw Rising Museum was opened on the 60th anniversary of the outbreak of fighting in Warsaw. The Museum is a tribute of Warsaw’s residents to those who fought and died for independent Poland and its free capital.
- National Museum of Flight, Europe, East Fortune, United Kingdom
Our newly restored hangars tell the stories of military and civil aviation over the past 100 years, showcasing our world-class collection of aircraft.
- National Museum of the US Air Force, North America, Riverside / Dayton, Ohio (OH), USA
The National Museum of the United States Air Force — the oldest and largest military aviation museum in the world.
- National Museum of Transportation, North America, St. Louis, Missouri (MO), USA
The Museum’s rail and transit collections have grown to encompass more than 190 major exhibits. Our collection is recognized as the largest collection of transportation vehicles in the world.
- National Naval Aviation Museum, North America, Pensacola, Florida (FL), USA
The National Naval Aviation Museum features over 150 beautifully restored aircraft, including rare and one-of-a-kind flying machines such as the NC-4.
- Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum, North America, Rio Grande, New Jersey (NJ), USA
The museum’s centerpiece (a TBM Avenger aircraft), are both listed on the National and State Registers of Historic Places at a level of National Significance.
- New England Air Museum, North America, Windsor Locks, Connecticut (CT), USA
The New England Air Museum’s collection contains over 100 aircraft ranging from early flying machines to supersonic jets. Over 65 aircraft are on display.
- Newark Air Museum, Europe, Newark, United Kingdom
the aircraft on display include 13 National Benchmark aircraft; 34 Significant aircraft and 21 Noteworthy aircraft as listed in the N.A.H Register.
- North East Classic Car Museum, North America, Norwich, New York State (NY), USA
Permanent exhibits feature pre-war and post-war vehicles, the world’s largest collection of Franklins, and cars made in New York State.
- Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor, North America, Honolulu, Hawaii (HI), USA
The mission of Pacific Aviation Museum Pearl Harbor is to develop and maintain an internationally recognized aviation museumon Ford Island, Hawaii.
- Pima Air & Space Museum, North America, Tucson, Arizona (AZ), USA
The concept for the Pima Air & Space Museum began in 1966 during the celebration of the 25th Anniversary of the creation of the United States Air Force.
- Pioneer Flight Museum, North America, Kingsbury, Texas (TX), USA
The Museum, founded by Roger Freeman, is open today in temporary housing at Old Kingsbury Aerodrome. Soon to have permanent museum building up, we are open!
- Pioneer Village, North America, Minden, Nebraska (NE), USA
20 flying machines, 100 antique tractors. See the world’s oldest Buick, a 1902 Cadillac and a 1903 Ford, plus 350 other antique cars.
- Polish Aviation Museum, , Kraków, Poland
The Krakow Aviation Museum took over a few buildings and part of the grounds of the Rakowice-Czyżny airfield, one of the oldest military airfields in Europe.
- RAAF Amberley Aviation Heritage Centre, Australasia, Amberley, Queensland (QLD), Australia
The RAAF Amberley Aviation Heritage Centre attracts up to 1000 visitors on open days and the displays change from time to time. A feature of our displays is that you can get up close and personal with our aircraft and other exhibits.
- Reynolds-Alberta Museum, North America, Wetaskiwin, Alberta (AB), Canada
The Reynolds-Alberta Museum in Wetaskiwin, Alberta, interprets the impact of technological change in transportation, aviation, agriculture 1890s.
- Romney Marsh Wartime Collection, Europe, Romney Marsh, United Kingdom
The Romney Marsh Wartime Collection is a unique collection of wartime equipment, remains recovered from aircraft crash sites and memorabilia collected.
- Royal Air Force Museum Cosford, Europe, Shifnal, United Kingdom
Over 70 aircraft of international importance are housed in three Wartime Hangars and within the National Cold War Exhibition. See the world’s oldest Spitfire
- Royal Air Force Museum London, Europe, London, United Kingdom
With a world-class collection and display of aircraft, integrated with special exhibitions, films, interactives, artwork, engines, missiles, photographs.
- Shearwater Aviation Museum, North America, Shearwater, Nova Scotia (NS), Canada
The museum acquires, conserves, organizes and researches the history of Canadian Maritime Military Aviation.
- Solway Aviation Museum, Europe, Crosby-on-Eden, United Kingdom
At Carlisle Airport, is home to a collection of aircraft, aviation artefacts and displays reflecting Britain’s position as a world leader in aircraft design.
- Southern Museum of Flight, North America, Birmingham, Alabama (AL), USA
It is one of the largest aviation museums in the Southeast. The 75,000 square foot facility houses over 100 aircraft, as well as engines, and artifacts.
- Svedinos Bil- & Flygmuseum, Europe, Ugglarp, Sweden
One of the major collections in northern Europe of vintage cars and aircraft. The collection comprises over 100 cars, 40 aircraft, motorcycles, engines etc.
- Swiss Museum of Transport, Europe, Luzern, Switzerland
All types of transport from bicycles to the locomotive the Crocodile. More than 30 historic aircraft. ‘Monteverdi’ car exhibit, large numbers of historic vehicles.
- Tacla Taid – The Anglesey Transport Museum, Europe, Newborough, United Kingdom
Tacla Taid, the Anglesey Transport and Agriculture Museum, is the largest of its kind in Wales.
- Tangmere Military Aviation Museum, Europe, Tangmere, Chichester, United Kingdom
The Museum is home to an impressive display of historic aircraft and a unique collection of aviation memorabilia stretching from the First World War through to the Cold War.
- Technik Museum Speyer, Europe, Speyer, Germany
Largest Space Exhibition in Europe! 600 unique exhibits. Space shuttle BURAN. Also Cars, Bikes, Plains, Fire Engines, Locomotives, and “The Moon” area.
- Teknikland, Europe, Östersund, Sweden
Teknikland is a retro technique world of military history, vehicles and old machinery. Experience the 20th century history.
- Texas Air & Space Museum, North America, Amarillo, Texas (TX), USA
An excellent Museum with artefacts from aviation history, and many complete aircraft and helicopters. Situated on large ground with fun for all the family.
- Texas Air Museum, North America, San Antonio, Texas (TX), USA
Focused in the area of vintage aircraft from around World War II, and the Pacific and European theaters of that conflict. Detailing the “golden-age” of aviation.
- The Cavanaugh Flight Museum, North America, Addison, Texas (TX), USA
The Cavanaugh Flight Museum aircraft collection is one of the finest in the world. Most aircraft fly regularly and are seen at air shows round the country.
- The Collings Foundation, North America, Stow, Massachusetts (MA), USA
Focused on preserving military aircraft which they show all around the US, but an excellent collection of passenger and racing cars as well. Open to the public during events only a few times per year.
- The Connecticut Air And Space Center, North America, Stratford, Connecticut (CT), USA
This museum is currently restoring several aircraft, including Sikorsky Memorial FG1-D Corsair and Sikorsky S60.
- The de Havilland Aircraft Museum, Europe, London Colney, United Kingdom
Aircraft development in 20th century Britain. Many iconic aircraft such as the de Havilland Mosquito – “The Wooden Wonder”, and The Comet.
- The Henry Ford Museum, North America, Dearborn, Michigan (MI), USA
Step into a world where past innovations fuel the imagination of generations to come. A vibrant exploration of genius in all its forms.
- The National Museum of World War II Aviation, North America, Colorado Springs, Colorado (CO), USA
The National Museum of World War II Aviation documents the role that military aviation played in the emergence of our nation as a world power during WWII.
- The Owls Head Transportation Museum, North America, Owls Head, Maine (ME), USA
The Owls Head Transportation Museum is a place where machines of a bygone era are celebrated through conservation, preservation and demonstration.
- The Polish Army Museum, Europe, Warsaw, Poland
As one of the largest museums in Poland The Polish Army Museum collection currently holds over 250,000 artefacts and is continually expanded.
- The Shuttleworth Collection, Europe, Biggleswade, United Kingdom
Based in the aerodrome, the Collection contains some of last airworthy aircraft of their type remaining anywhere in the world.
- The Spitfire & Hurricane Memorial Museum, Europe, Ramsgate, United Kingdom
The iconic RAF fighter planes of the Second World War, the Supermarine Spitfire Mk XVI and the Hawker Hurricane IIC, housed under one museum roof.
- The Yorkshire Air Museum, Europe, Elvington, United Kingdom
Our huge range of exhibits and collections span almost the entire history of flight. Today we have over 60 historic aircraft and vehicles.
- Tillamook Air Museum, North America, Tillamook, Oregon (OR), USA
Now an Air Museum, with Aircraft, Helicopters, Trucks and Fire Truck. Exhibits large and small, including an engine & Helium room.
- Trenchard Museum, Europe, Aylesbury, United Kingdom
The collection of exhibits has grown to include a myriad of artefacts including complete aircraft, aircraft cockpits, aero engines.
- Tulsa Air and Space Museum & Planetarium, North America, Tulsa, Oklahoma (OK), USA
More than half a million visitors have enjoyed TASM’s historical exhibits, hands-on science exhibits, computer flight simulator lab, and full-dome planetarium shows.
- Ulster Aviation Society, Europe, Lisburn, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
The UAS heritage collection currently includes 40+ aircraft, ranging from vintage WWII fighters through Cold War-era fast jets, helicopters, and much more!
- Ulster Folk and Transport Museum, Europe, Holywood, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
The Transport Museum displays one of Europe’s largest and transport collections in our permanent galleries. From horse-drawn carriages to Irish built cars.
- United States Army Aviation Museum, North America, Fort Rucker, Alabama (AL), USA
The U.S. Army Aviation Museum maintains a collection of over 160 military aircraft, and has one of the largest collections of military helicopters in the world.
- Volo Auto Museum, North America, Volo, Illinois (IL), USA
The Volo Auto Museum is an all-day, 35-acre, destination the entire family can enjoy, even for those who aren’t car lovers. 400-car collection that features special interest cars from the 1900’s and up
- Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum – WAAAM, North America, Hood River, Oregon (OR), USA
An Aviation, Auto, and Transport museum in Hood River, Oregon.
- Western Museum of Flight, North America, Torrance, California (CA), USA
One of the most interesting planes they have is the YF-23A “Black Widow II” PAV-2.
- Wings Museum, Europe, Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
The Wings Museum is housed in a large hanger style building in Brantridge Lane situated between Balcombe & Handcross, Sussex. The museum is approximately 12,000 sq ft.
- Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum, North America, Denver, Colorado (CO), USA
Wings Over the Rockies Air & Space Museum includes more than 182,000 square feet of hangar space and 50 iconic aircraft dating from 1939 to 1990.
- Yukon Transportation Museum, North America, Whitehorse, Yukon (YT), Canada
This museum brings Yukon transportation history to life.
- Ängelholms Flygmuseum | Ängelholms flight / aviation museum, Europe, Ängelholm, Sweden
Located in an old hangar at the old Swedish Wing F10. Small museum with planes from the Swedish Air Force.