Car & Auto Museums in Germany
The map below shows just the Car & Automotive museums and collections in Germany we have in our directory at the moment.
Please select a marker on the map, a pop up will display the Museum or collection located there, and a link for more details.
Click on a cluster to zoom in on that section.
26 museums in total.
German Car & Automotive Museums in alphabetical order
August Horch Museum (Road), Zwickau
On the ground of the former Audi factory, at the origin of great automotive history, you find the August Horch Museum.
Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim (Road, Air, Rail), Sinsheim
HUGE Transport museum, Tupolev Tu-144, Concorde, Me-109, about 60 planes. 300 vintage cars, old Mercedes, Maybachs, Bugattis etc.
Automuseum Adlkofen (Road), Adlkofen
Adlkofen vehicle museum has been constantly expanded since the beginning in 1980. It has currently 72 four-wheeled exhibits, 120 two-wheelers and 250 individual engines.
Automuseum Dr. Carl Benz | Carl Benz Car Museum (Road), Ladenburg
A museum of everything Carl Benz invented and achieved.
Automuseum Melle | Car Museum (Road), Melle
It presents “History on Wheels” in industrial palace of furniture factory Melchersmann. A museum with over 200 cars on a rotating display.
Automuseum Prototyp (Road), Hamburg
Shows rare sports and racing cars from 70 years of automotive history. Porsche ancestor Type 64 from 1939; Porsche 597 “Jagdwagen”,1958
AutoMuseum Volkswagen (Road), Wolfsburg
On 5,000 square a total of 130 vehicles with many rare concept vehicles, prototypes and one-off models.
Autosammlung Steim (Road), Schramberg
The private collection with around 130 unique vehicles. Aero, 1932; Auburn Boattail, 1932; Brasier, 1910; De Dion Bouton, 1902; Duesenberg, 1923; Marmon, 1922; Maybach DS 8 Zeppelin, 1932
Autostadt (Road), Wolfsburg
A truly beautiful location, and an incredible Museum Experience! Incredible collection, and lots of attractions for the entire family.
BMW Museum (Road), München
This museum shows the history of the BMW brand.
Car & Tractor Museum (Road, Air), Uhldingen-Mühlhofen
More than a Museum. It’s a walk back in time!
Deutsches Museum Verkehrszentrum (Road, Rail), Munich | München
In exhibition spaces covering a total of 12,000 square metres, you can experience 275 historical trains, cars, motorcycles, bicycles and coaches.
Dornier Museum (Road, Air), Friedrichshafen
This museum is dedicated to the genius Claude Dornier’s accomplishments. It preserves and documents the Dornier company’s achievements in aviation and aerospace history in a striking architectural setting.
EFA Automobilmuseum (Road), Amerang
More than 220 German car legends of all brands. From the first Benz, the grandiose creations of the 20’s and 30’s, the cute little cars of the 50’s, to the fast-paced modern cars.
Fahrzeugmuseum Streicher (Road), Lalling
“A museum for people with petrol in the blood” Almost 100 classic cars and over 200 motorcycles.
Klassikstadt Car | Auto Museum (Road), Frankfurt am Main
On more than 16,000 square meters over 350 vehicles of various eras, almost 100 parking spaces in the glass pit lane and 35 workshops.
Mazda Classic, Automobil Museum Frey (Road), Augsburg
Largest collection of Mazda’s outside of Japan collected by a Rotary Engine and Mazda mad family. Up to 50 vehicles represent the Japanese carmaker’s history.
Mercedes-Benz Museum (Road), Stuttgart
Museum presents 160 vehicles and over 1,500 exhibits. Even the building it self is well worth a visit.
Merks Motor Museum (Road), Nürnberg
This museum shows 84 cars and 20 motorcycles.
Motor-Sport-Museum am Hockenheimring (Road), Hockenheim
On 2,200 sqm it has over 300 exhibits from all eras of motor racing. Historical racing cars and bikes are shown with some of the latest formula cars, racing bikes and touring cars.
Museum Fichtelberg, Cars Planes and Bikes (Road, Air), Fichtelberg
A transport museum with automobiles, airplanes, motorcycle, fire engines, and tractors. More than 500 exhibits across three halls and outdoor areas.
Museum for historical Maybach cars | Museum für historische Maybach-Fahrzeuge (Road), Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz
Almost 20 historical Maybach-cars in chronological order.
Porsche Museum (Road), Stuttgart
Over 80 Porsche vehicles are shown in this architecturally very bold building.
PS. Speicher (Road), Einbeck
Museum, exhibition, and theme park. A must-visit fans of vintage cars and automobiles, motorcycle and engineering enthusiasts.
Technik Museum Speyer (Road, Air, Rail), Speyer
Largest Space Exhibition in Europe! 600 unique exhibits. Space shuttle BURAN. Also Cars, Bikes, Plains, Fire Engines, Locomotives, and “The Moon” area.
Zeppelin Museum Friedrichshafen (Road, Air), Friedrichshafen
Zeppelin Museum houses the most extensive collection on the history of airship travel. Most famous, the LZ 129 Hindenburg. A Maybach Zeppelin, 1938 is also exhibited.
German Car & Automotive Museums ordered by City
- Adlkofen, Automuseum Adlkofen (Road)
- Amerang, EFA Automobilmuseum (Road)
- Augsburg, Mazda Classic, Automobil Museum Frey (Road)
- Einbeck, PS. Speicher (Road)
- Fichtelberg, Museum Fichtelberg, Cars Planes and Bikes (Road, Air)
- Frankfurt am Main, Klassikstadt Car | Auto Museum (Road)
- Friedrichshafen, Zeppelin Museum Friedrichshafen (Road, Air)
- Friedrichshafen, Dornier Museum (Road, Air)
- Hamburg, Automuseum Prototyp (Road)
- Hockenheim, Motor-Sport-Museum am Hockenheimring (Road)
- Ladenburg, Automuseum Dr. Carl Benz | Carl Benz Car Museum (Road)
- Lalling, Fahrzeugmuseum Streicher (Road)
- Melle, Automuseum Melle | Car Museum (Road)
- München, BMW Museum (Road)
- Munich | München, Deutsches Museum Verkehrszentrum (Road, Rail)
- Neumarkt in der Oberpfalz, Museum for historical Maybach cars | Museum für historische Maybach-Fahrzeuge (Road)
- Nürnberg, Merks Motor Museum (Road)
- Schramberg, Autosammlung Steim (Road)
- Sinsheim, Auto & Technik Museum Sinsheim (Road, Air, Rail)
- Speyer, Technik Museum Speyer (Road, Air, Rail)
- Stuttgart, Porsche Museum (Road)
- Stuttgart, Mercedes-Benz Museum (Road)
- Uhldingen-Mühlhofen, Car & Tractor Museum (Road, Air)
- Wolfsburg, AutoMuseum Volkswagen (Road)
- Wolfsburg, Autostadt (Road)
- Zwickau, August Horch Museum (Road)